Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

Ah, thanks, that makes sense.

2 less of the $777 bikes available from Bicycle Blue Book. Picked up a large 27.5" and medium 29". I really wanted a large 29" for me and medium 27.5" for the wife. What do you think the odds are I'll be able to swap the tires on these frames? :p

Last edited:

2 less of the $777 bikes available from Bicycle Blue Book. Picked up a large 27.5" and medium 29". I really wanted a large 29" for me and medium 27.5" for the wife. What do you think the odds are I'll be able to swap the tires on these frames? :p
Congrats!

I think only 27.5 plus forks have the clearance for 29-in wheels. Let me know if you make it work 👍 Edit: I just looked at the chainstay lengths for the 29 (475mm) and 27.5 (455mm) - although both bikes use the same rotors and cassettes, the different chainstays may cause problems with swapping out the rear.

FWIW the hardtails are true "entry-level" eMTBs, and aren't great off-road bikes IMO. Their rims are too skinny (18mm) and seem quite fragile (like they're made of plastic), they have QR not thru axles front and rear, and a low end coil fork that bounces off obstacles like a pogo stick.

On the other hand, the Yamaha PW system is pretty much bulletproof, and the 27.5 that I picked up has a beautiful paint job! Spanking new for under a grand? Who needs a warranty, the battery and motor are worth more than the price of admission 🤑

Last edited:
If you don't mind risking the Rebel bikes coming off BikeBlueBook's "marketplace" in the interim (as they have at least twice in the past few weeks), you can make a lower offer, which they'll counter. I just got $50 off a couple more! Why not, right?

Will the 400wH battery on the Rebel HT sold on BBB charge with the higher capacity 4Amp charger that I got with my Rebel Lynx PWX?

Or, are the chargers not interchangeable in the Yamaha system?

Enjoy your new bikes. Amazing value.

They are located close to me and if they had the gravel in large I would have picked one.

From the pictures and the fact that it is not plus the clearance may be limited but you will surely know when you try the wheels on your 29er on the 27.5.

Great purchase.

@Johnny, to clarify, the Gravel is only offered on a universal size frame (19.75" Seat Tube Length, 21" Reach, 29.75" Stand Over Height) per Court's review.

Which frame makes more sense for someone 5'8" and with short arms: one with 27.5-in or 29-in wheels?

Seems the 29er might be better per the geometry specs with shorter reach?

1582061619742.png

Attachments

• 1582061564012.png
    1582061564012.png
    136 KB · Views: 301
Will the 400wH battery on the Rebel HT sold on BBB charge with the higher capacity 4Amp charger that I got with my Rebel Lynx PWX?

Or, are the chargers not interchangeable in the Yamaha system?
I believe ALL Yamaha chargers are 4A and will work on all Yamaha batteries (except Giant bikes, which use proprietary versions of Yamaha's electronics). I own or have owned 2016, 2017, and 2018 Yamaha-powered Haibikes and Easymotion bikes, and the chargers were 100% identical and interchangeable.

CLARIFICATION EDIT: I'm talking about externally mounted Yamaha batteries, which are also the same ones Yamaha uses on its own line of ebikes (PW & PW-X).

Last edited:
If you don't mind risking the Rebel bikes coming off BikeBlueBook's "marketplace" in the interim (as they have at least twice in the past few weeks), you can make a lower offer, which they'll counter. I just got $50 off a couple more! Why not, right?

FWIW, I tested offering $50 less for a friend. I thought it might get insta-approval based on your data point but still goes thru a manual process. No counteroffer yet. Edit: NVM just got an acceptance email on the $727 offer. Looks like I have 24 hours to complete purchase although who knows if it reserves stock.

The ones I ordered last night already shipped and tracking indicates they will be delivered Thursday (I'm in WA). If the weather cooperates I will try to get a few rides in and offer some feedback just in case they pull the bikes early as they have done at least twice only to offer another round.

Last edited:
FWIW, I tested offering $50 less for a friend. I thought it might get insta-approval based on your data point but still goes thru a manual process. No counteroffer yet. Did they reply by email or via ther site messaging? Last time around I missed the reply they sent on their site (no email notification).

The ones I ordered last night already shipped and tracking indicates they will be delivered Thursday (I'm in WA). If the weather cooperates I will try to get a few rides in and offer some feedback just in case they pull the bikes early as they have done at least twice only to offer another round.
My first offer took a few hours for them to counter (at like 3am their time), which I got an email alert for.

My counter offer to theirs took less time for them to respond to, but still a couple hours. A friend of mine was making different offers but getting similar counters with similar response times.

I get the impression they're using algorithms, not manual responses, to offers and counters. Not sure why you weren't getting their counter-offer emails - any chance your email server labeled them as Spam?

The available quantity numbers of the 27.5 & 29er Rebels are definitely dropping faster than last week! Maybe their strategy was to make people that were hesitant the first times these bikes were listed jump on it faster this time...

Edit: NVM just got an acceptance email on the $727 offer. Looks like I have 24 hours to complete purchase although who knows if it reserves stock.
Not sure what you mean but once you accept their counter, they place the bike in your cart. I think it's then reserved for you for 24 hrs, and if you don't complete the purchase they put it back as available. But you have to accept their counter

If anybody is interested in going in with me on one of these, I am only interested in the battery.

We can work something out where we would buy the bike, I would get the battery, and you would get the bike and charger.

Pm me if interested.

Not sure what you mean but once you accept their counter, they place the bike in your cart. I think it's then reserved for you for 24 hrs, and if you don't complete the purchase they put it back as available. But you have to accept their counter

Right, they approved the offer so there was no counteroffer and it's already in my cart, it's just unclear to me whether they only reserve the price or reserve both the price and the stock. I guess I'll find out if they sell out. Friend is still chewing on it.

If anyone missed out on the $777 deal from Bicycle Blue Book, they're ba-ack...

To clarify these are new in box (0 miles) but only come with 30 day warranty from Bicycle Blue Book.
I want to thank you publicly for posting this - not only did I get a couple more of these bargain ebikes, but a couple friends of mine did too. Particularly one who regretted hesitating when they were available last week, then got pulled just before he finally decided to buy.

You hooked a bunch of people up! Kudos to you.

I want to thank you publicly for posting this - not only did I get a couple more of these bargain ebikes, but a couple friends of mine did too.

Particularly one who regretted hesitating when they were available last week, then got pulled just before he finally decided to buy.

You hooked a bunch of people up! Kudos to you.

Glad to see this work out for the EBR members who have been following this thread... originally posted on February 3, 2020. ;)

For those who are looking for a BH Yamaha PW hardtail or Gravel bike... here is an amazing deal for new in box models. ;)

View attachment 45139
1582087165208.png

Last edited:
Back