Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

Yeah, the firesale prices scare me too. If I bought one it would be under the assumption that I would have no warranty, or perhaps for a motor drive or something under the original manufacturer, be it Brose or Yamaha. Otherwise I would figure I would have to fix it myself. The low price is attractive - who doesn't like to save money? But if the product becomes unusable and you can't fix it, you may just be out of luck.

A manufacturer committed to moving foward with their product in the US market wouldn't be liquidating their entire inventory to a retailer. Just sayin'.
It's also unnerving that they have so many older unsold models. OTOH I saw somewhat discounted 2018 Trek models at my dealer - and I thought they were going to need to discount them further in order to move them. This industry moves so fast that you don't want two year old models sitting around.

The way Haibike liquidates product also raises my eyebrows.

With the Big-3 they may not always be able to fill all demand, but they don't seem to have a lot of unsold merchandise either. I trust they'll be here tomorrow if I need them.
Bikebluebook doesn't sell "new" bikes, so warranties don't apply, excepting "free" returns.

If it's buyer's remorse or sumsuch, they won't cover return shipping, but will still take the bike back if it's in the same condition they sent it in. They will, however, pay return shipping if it's due to their error.

If a bike they list has zero miles on it, it's still labeled as "used" but in "excellent" condition.

- 2 year old bikes do not need to be outdated. If the components are similar then it is a similar bike. Yamaha Pw-x is just updated to pw-x2 which is said to be not very different in terms of power output. So the assumption of yours that a 2 year old bike is outdated is completely wrong. You obviously have not followed trends otherwise you would have seen that in the last 2 years there has not been any substantial change.

- I have a good idea on what a warranty would cost, I know the prices of the components, I have had many conversations with LBS' on their costs and I also know how long it takes to replace something. Again don't make assumptions.

- There are several offerings which will take BOTH 29 and 27.5+ wheelset. For example this one 2020 Motobecane HAL can, for normal mountain bikes there are many that can take both (some models of Giant for example). Again you are misinformed.

My interest in the thread comes from the fact that I may get one of these bikes and it is right now very hard to navigate because of the excessive comments about other bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently my Bh is throwing error codes left and right. Velofix is supposed to be able warranty, no response from Bh on their emails they tell me. We started again today to remind them it isn’t working well.

05, every ride it stops , I have to unplug and plug connectos to clear error, t-sensor gone spazzy. Bought bike at Lenny’s , live in Atlanta now , have not called them. I did order another battery from Lenny’s they dropped ball on that. I haven’t followed up til this bike works well enough to invest in a 3rd battery

Currently my Bh is throwing error codes left and right. Velofix is supposed to be able warranty, no response from Bh on their emails they tell me. We started again today to remind them it isn’t working well.

05, every ride it stops , I have to unplug and plug connectos to clear error, t-sensor gone spazzy. Bought bike at Lenny’s , live in Atlanta now , have not called them. I did order another battery from Lenny’s they dropped ball on that. I haven’t followed up til this bike works well enough to invest in a 3rd battery

Thanks for posting. Which model from BH... the Brose or Yamaha motor?

YT has their 'base 29' - it's about $500 less than their other 'basic' models. They all have the same frame - some kind of carbon fiber masterpiece, but I'm not exactly sure why that model is less. I'm still not very good with componentry identification, and what's good and what's just okay. For some things I can search the web for reviews - not too hard to do for shocks and forks, derailleurs.

Their other models have 27.5 rear with 29 fronts, and definitely focused on downhill performance.

Every time I visit a knowlegeable dealer I learn something - like hub differences on the Trance E+1 and E+3 - the former is much more heavy duty. Rims too. More or less every component from the base model to the next is upgraded in some manner, including the suspension. The frame and motor are the only things the same. And the little tiny saddle. LOL

I am getting sucked into this one way or another. Can't. Just. Look. Away. 🤣

The E+1 has these 'straight-pull spoke seat' hubs for extra strength:

TRs_studio_white_rear_1.jpg
'
'straight-pull spoke seat' hubs for extra strength'-Is this a proprietary type of spoke setup that YT is using. First time I have seen these, they look cool though. It keeps getting better and better, but the buying dilemma abounds. Keep us all in the loop.

Damn it! This thread just cost me $1700

I picked up a BH Easymotion Rebel Lynx 5.5 27.5 Lite PW for $1700 out the door/delivered.

Well done! Did you purchase from Lenny's or Bicycle Blue Book when they were in stock?

You will not find another high spec EMTB for twice the price. Long may you ride. ;)

I'm guessing he purchased from Lenny. At twice Lenny's price wouldn't that just be retail?

Damn it! This thread just cost me $1700

I picked up a BH Easymotion Rebel Lynx 5.5 27.5 Lite PW for $1700 out the door/delivered.
That's what I'm talkin about! This stuff will getcha everytime. Congrats! Enjoy your new bike. This is the good stuff we are selling here for sure (IMHO)! :p

I did purchase from Lenny.
By far the cheapest price I could find on the internet other than the BlueBook deal that doesn't exist anymore.

They did play the shipping game a little..the bike was "actually" $1500 with $200 shipping.
I just looked at the the out the door price of $1700 and figured it was a pretty good deal on that bike.

I did purchase from Lenny.
By far the cheapest price I could find on the internet other than the BlueBook deal that doesn't exist anymore.

They did play the shipping game a little..the bike was "actually" $1500 with $200 shipping.
I just looked at the the out the door price of $1700 and figured it was a pretty good deal on that bike.
Yeah, Lenny always does the "$200" shipping game, when really the UPS calculator is a lot less, however, they do a great job with packing for shipment. My purchases from Lenny's were all in pristine condition upon arrival. I always build that into the purchase price.

Yeah, Lenny always does the "$200" shipping game, when really the UPS calculator is a lot less, however, they do a great job with packing for shipment. My purchases from Lenny's were all in pristine condition upon arrival. I always build that into the purchase price.
I was wondering if you are using the "qualify for a good price" button or call them ? Since online orders are also taxed, with the shipping the price increases quite a bit. Oh and when you receive your bike it would be great if you can write about your impressions.

Btw, great purchase and thanks for sharing. Share your experiences when you get the bike and hope you enjoy many trouble free miles.

My kid and me in Los Padres forest, 250 dirtbikes on single-track. About the most fun thing I know of - I got started when I was about 11.
Browneye is on the orange bike...Nick had a custom new Yamaha WR250F, after a string of learner bikes. I've had a couple of dozen bikes over all these years.
That bike new in 2008 was just about the same cost as these modern eMTB's are. 😲

One year I had six head-on collisions. It got so I wouldn't ride the popular trails anymore - them dirtbikers are nuts. LOL
I nearly broke my neck twice. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

Those are some nice trails you have practically in your own back yard. I was curious where that was (near Santa Barbara). I have spent many summers along the coast vacationing and visiting relies. On one of my trips, I stopped at Pismo Beach/San Luis Obispo and rented 4 wheel ATVs for part of the day and rode along the beach and sand dunes. A memorable experience. On other trips I brought my acoustic MTB on the plane and rode along the coast using my base points in Long Beach or Marina Del Rey! I am from the Midwest, so for me this is paradise. Looks like for you this is all just good fun on any given day after a long day at the office. A Husky and a Yamaha-nice choice indeed. La-La land it is! Cheers!

Yes, Nitro, rear hub, Dapu motor, heard back from Velofix today, they did make contact with BH, got some diagnostics to run, hopefully soon. Wife asthma, my cold, still moving in, and weather are keeping me from hies as much as I hope to be in the near future

I was wondering if you are using the "qualify for a good price" button or call them ? Since online orders are also taxed, with the shipping the price increases quite a bit. Oh and when you receive your bike it would be great if you can write about your impressions.

(On a side note, it is always sad to see an individual having the emotional age less than one fifth of his age).
I have never paid tax on any of the bikes purchased. I do not live in the state of Wisc. I always call and talk to their well-informed sales team to ask a dozen more questions, etc. They have never left me disappointed after sale. They came through with all of my requests regarding customizing, etc. Overall impressions are that they work hard at making sure they get a sale that is reasonable and fair. Yeah, it is a sad side note you have posted.

I'm not sure what YT has, should really check them out.
The Giant Trance E+1 has the straight-pull spoke hubs. A load of other top-notch components as well.

I may try to schedule a demo at YT this weekend. It's getting late.
Would be great to hear about your YT experience. I saw this bike on Rob Rides and it looked impressive. Another candidate indeed.

I have never paid tax on any of the bikes purchased. I do not live in the state of Wisc. I always call and talk to their well-informed sales team to ask a dozen more questions, etc. They have never left me disappointed after sale. They came through with all of my requests regarding customizing, etc. Overall impressions are that they work hard at making sure they get a sale that is reasonable and fair. Yeah, it is a sad side note you have posted.
I didn't pay tax either. The $1700 was literally the out the door prize.
I thought the whole experience was pretty good.

I emailed back and forth with a customer rep a couple times and I was looking at the 29er.
I asked about weight limits(I'm a fat arse) and he suggested to not go with 29 because they tend to not be able to support as much weight.
He said he had a 27.5 Rebel FS in medium that would probably serve me better. It was listed at $2050 and he said he could get me into that bike for $1700 out the door. So I jumped on it!

I thought the advice was good, he gave me his bottom price, and although I don't have the bike in hand yet, I'm happy with the purchase experience so far.

In terms of the warranty etc. Worse case, I'm 4 hours from Madison, if I had to I could throw the bike in the truck and bring it in.
But like others, I'm a DIY guy first. So as long as you can get parts I'm not worried.

My son and I are planning a trip to Hot Springs, AR over spring break. I can't wait to get on this thing.
Fat tire is a blast but the lows have been around -20 for the last couple days and I'm ready for some fast single track!

Last edited:
Back