Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

My vision of mountain bike riding is mostly trails, up and down, like the single-track we used to ride on dirtbikes in the mountains. So much fun. The vids I see online are drawing me in. :p

If you like dogs and bikes you'll like this one...

Browneye, great video... thanks for sharing!

I have ridden bikes for years... get the BH Yamaha PW-X and you will not be disappointed.

Long may you ride. ;)

Last edited:
Okay! Have you tried your Speed Clip on your BH Yamaha PW-X?
I have the same setup on my 2018 Haibike 10.0 (motor and interface) and was curious where your comfort zone is using the delimiter.
Are you satisfied with the performance overall? ;)

Yes, the performance is excellent... I have the Bada$$ Box for Yamaha and the cadence is smooth and natural.
The speed limit is doubled with full support in all assist modes to 40 mph / 64 kph... displayed values are halved.
I went with the external speed box so it can be easily removed and installed without any issues or detection. ;)

Okay! Have you tried your Speed Clip on your BH Yamaha PW-X? I have the same setup on my 2018 Haibike 10.0 (motor and interface) and was curious where your comfort zone is using the delimiter. Are you satisfied with performance overall. ;)
I know you asked it to Flatsix but I should also say speed clip works for another ebike motor very well hence I think it would work well for Yamaha too. It is also cheaper than its competition and they ship to US.

You don't like the Haibike all mountain? I'm thinking for the $$ it's everything I could need or want. Seems almost too good to be true.
Haibike sales organization is on the ownership change now in the U.S.

There are too many e-MTB brands in the market. Cannondale? Focus? Canyon? There are so many of them the choice is very hard.

Honestly, the BH offer by Lenny is very good. However, if I had funds and were interested in single-track riding, I would just buy a Turbo Levo.

Although single-track cycling is the last thing I would like to do now (oh, no, I'm even less interested in road cycling!), I like to watch this channel:

There are so many electric mountain bikes! For instance: Turbo Levo or Kenevo? Does one prefer single-track or downhill?

Lucky I am just using my e-bikes for recreation and fitness :)

I am. There's a 'lectric bike shop every few miles here.

So yeah, went to a few shops yesterday, exploring via ebike, wifey was a little bored but found some interesting things, like a rear strobe, and I got to see some awesome eMTB's.
First stop was our local Trek dealer - they have like 5 or 6 stores around the 'southland' and they are by far the nicest out of all bike shops. Obviously some profits there selling Trek can Electra. I was looking for the new RAIL5 - just sold their last one - sales kid not sure if he can get management authorization to 'bring in another $5K bike'. I said you'll sell them if you have them. He's going to call me if/when they get one.
They had the Powerfly models, even a 2018 one they're trying to blow out, but will need to discount it further to move it. The '19 models are nice, even had a carbon one, but none are 'cheap' - nothing under $4K.
The 2020 Powerfly is now a hardtail - the new Rail model is the full suspension bike with another update to the Bosch CX motor and 700w integrated battery, 29-er.
I did not ride any, but promised to try them all and choose one if they got a Rail in. So the new 2020 models have the upgraded 'gen-4' Bosch, and bigger 700w batteries - the '19s they had are 500w.

Next stop was Fullerton Electric Bikes - Sam has done a lot of the review videos with Court, super nice guy and very knowledgable about ebikes. He has Aventon, Motiv, Haibike, Bulls, BESV, Yamaha, Magnum, Surface, and a few others. I got to try out the Haibike XDuro All Mountain 2.0 with PW-X - it's a very nice bike, about $3200 OTD - our sales tax is 8%.
Then tried out the new BULLS E-STREAM EVO AM 4 (S MAG). This is a state of the art mtb with Fox suspension, 750w integrated battery, 27.5 wheels, Brose S Mag drive. He had special ordered in both of these bikes for customers that never showed back up to buy them - he doesn't require a deposit - does business the old way, based on your word. Both were size L which were perfect for me, and I enjoyed both of them.
The Bulls stickers at $6299 - offered for $5K OTD.

Now for the shocker - Sam has sold the business to Fullerton Bike Shop next door - the top Giant dealer in the country, and he's moving to Thailand (corrected). He said they have some family medical issues that is taking them there, so he's retiring. He'll get involved in the bike business over there - maybe even do some development or marketing assistance for bike builders there.

Then next door at the Giant dealer I took in the Trance E+1, they stock all the eMTB models from Giant, and have Santacruz and a few other pedalics. I really like the TranceE with sync-drive pro. They didn't offer me a discount yet, perhaps if i'm ready to sign. I bought my Explore from them, and have sent in buyers for two more bikes, so I'm a 'preferred customer'. 😇 I did not bother trying out the Trance as it has the same mid-drive as the Haibike.

Now for my review notes...
I had a chance to pick Sam's brain a little on the various drive systems. The biggest surprise was his comment on Bosch - they've been building motors for a decade now and just opened their hundred-thousandth warranty claim. Oh my, they sell a lot but they also repair a lot. He says they have to work on the Bosch systems way more than any of the others. On the other hand, Yamaha doesn't even have a claim center - they just don't have very many failures, addressing any that do come up through their dealer network. His words - BULLETPROOF. That's good enough for me.
And on the Brose S-Mag - with the belt drive, is the quietest of them all, and is much better as the new mag-version. So far so good, but really not proven over long term yet.
His comment about the Shimano drive is that he just never cared for them much. But I don't know if he's worked on them much or not. I wanted his opinion though as that's the powerplant YT uses in their DECOY eMTB's - the 'Steps E8000'.

I got to finally try out the PW-X to compare to my 'pw' bike. It is more similar than different, just a little more punchy, and that's kind of hard to judge cuz the MTB bike is really geared differently than my Explore. And the Haibike version has a double front chain ring which is cool - great for commuting to trail, then super low gears for climbing. When I rolled up after my test ride I asked him why people are saying they are noisy - he explained the drive gears are straight cut and when you get to really high rpms you can hear that. I found out yesterday if I pick a lower gear, like 2 or 3 and pedal as fast as I can, the PW also buzzes some - it's the gears. He says it's not uncommon for people to comment on this after experiencing some serious climbing with the bike, but all in all it's quite insignificant. So the Yamaha drive is still my favorite. There isn't a big difference in feel for PW vs PW-X - they even make the same whirring noise when they're cold. Very easy to hit the speed limiter - all these bikes are Class1, no throttles on eMTB's.

The Brose S-Mag is a little more punchy and very nice to ride. The smaller display on the left is very nice, and the BULLS model was pure bliss - super cushy, great power, very nice to ride.
In comparing all these bikes - the Haibike is the best buy at $3000 or so, very comparably equipped to the others, the Giant next at $4500, then the Bulls for $4700, and now I would have really liked to try the new Trek for $5000. Worth noting, the Trek is the only 'twenty-niner'. Giant does have the 29" STANCE model but it's lower spec and the suspension lacks compared to the top RockShox and Fox options. Both Rockshox and Fox are very plush with adjustable damping - just excellent.

So there you have it - a quick eMTB comparo. Makes the BH PW-X upthread here for $2450 look like a bargain, although with shipping it's getting close to the Haibike Sam has in stock - and I get local support. If I had the $$ sitting I'd probly buy it, but I'm still paying off my Giant and would like to get that out of the way before taking on another one - I'm supposed to be saving for retirement! 😝

Okay, I've rambled on enough...Q&A if anyone has any. I learned a lot yesterday. Oh, and we had a fun ride on our ebikes. 👍

EDIT: I see now the 2020 Trek Rail5 has a 500w battery. Just FYI. And the color is awesome!

After reading your posts, the solution to your eBike shopping is clear to me:

You need to find a local dealer that rents their bikes and take one on the trails for a day.
A quick test ride around the block from a LBS is like a quick test ride from a car salesman - useless.

Rent a bike, take a weekend on it, and put it through its paces. You will see the differences between Yamaha, Bosch, Brose, and Shimano. The components can all be upgraded later if need be.

You will quickly realize what you like and what you don't. I started shopping for an eBike about a year ago. I was set on a Specialized Como. I rented a Como for a day...eventually I ended up with a BH Rebel Lynx full suspension and couldn't be happier.

Yes, the performance is excellent... I have the Bada$$ Box for Yamaha and the cadence is smooth and natural.
The speed limit is doubled with full support in all assist modes to 40 mph / 64 kph... displayed values are halved.
I went with the external speed box so it can be easily removed and installed without any issues or detection. ;)

Yes the external style box is my choice. as well I just do not feel comfortable playing with internal motor connections with the others. The quick on/off is much more appealing to me, especially before possible bike shop service visits. Great pairing for your PW-X!

I know you asked it to Flatsix but I should also say speed clip works for another ebike motor very well hence I think it would work well for Yamaha too. It is also cheaper than its competition and they ship to US.
Thanks for the heads up. I need to place my order soon, thanks to forum members input. Was not sure if it was a legit box or not. Kudos to you guys for your assistance with purchase. Always helps in advance!

Fullerton Bikes - the shop Court does all his Giant vids with, does have a couple of demos - already offered their Trance E+Pro for a day of trail riding. I guess I need to take them up on that.
YT also has a demo program, trails right out their store/shop, for two hours - no charge. Just make an appointment.

The problem with these bikes is that if you DO make a mistake and find you bought the wrong one, they're very difficult to sell second hand without take a huge bath. And dropping five grand for a bicycle just scares the crap out of me. 🤣

And the really fast downhill you see in vids also scares me - YOU CANNOT STOP!!
BTDT on the motorcycles - so steep it sends you over the bars, ass end over teakettle.
Jumping is off the list as well - I cannot afford to be broken, and besides it hurts way too much. So my interest is in flowing MTB trails, not too steep or rough.
My days of hardcore are OVER!
😇
The Trance E+Pro looks like a sweet bike in gold. I see them for approx $4Gs. Lookin more like the Levo with the stealthy looks. Another candidate to test ride and would be a nice comparison the the YT Decoy base model in the same $$ range. You will be our new advocate for opinions next to Court after you get done here. Perhaps start doing some VLOG reviews and post them here! LOL :p

Just hit confirm and pay with currency converter. Now I cannot wait to start my speed runs!;)

I'm riding an enthusiast Shimano groupset . Is time for an upgrade !
Lucky me. I'm riding a Race one :D
Ooops! Recreational Level 1 on my other e-bike!

I want to tell you a story:

A couple of friends of mine paid a visit to my place in the Autumn. I let them both ride my Lovelec. She could manage my cycle well and became an e-bike enthusiast. Her husband is a sort of ill-starred person. Fifty meters from the start he stopped, looking very unhappy. It turned out he managed to jam and damage my derailleur. I growled and brought the chain-tool, so we could at least move the bike.

Following Monday, I brought the Lovelec to the LBS for repair. The guy looked at the derailleur and said:
-- I need to replace the derailleur, but the worse thing is this bent derailleur-hanger. I cannot fix it and it is a custom part. You have to order it from the manufacturer. Besides, I need to replace the chain, too.
-- But... That was a brand new chain yesterday!
-- I agree with you. It was a new chain. It isn't now.
-- Okay... I can bring you a spare brand new chain, it's a KMC.
-- Come on... Manufacturers often use KMC chains because these are cheap. Let me use a Shimano chain, fine? Don't worry, it doesn't cost very much.

It turned out, Lovelec were off-season with their production and had no spare hangers. I had to wait a couple of weeks for the delivery. Meanwhile I bought Turbo Vado :)

The lesson learned is: Good it was the Alivio groupset. It is at least inexpensive.

Last edited:
The guy was telling me that because of the Narrow-Wide construction of the Shimano chain-ring it is the best to use the original Shimano chain. It is quite possible KMC are producing for Shimano but they are doing it according to the Shimano specs.

My kid and me in Los Padres forest, 250 dirtbikes on single-track. About the most fun thing I know of - I got started when I was about 11.
Browneye is on the orange bike...Nick had a custom new Yamaha WR250F, after a string of learner bikes. I've had a couple of dozen bikes over all these years.
That bike new in 2008 was just about the same cost as these modern eMTB's are. 😲

One year I had six head-on collisions. It got so I wouldn't ride the popular trails anymore - them dirtbikers are nuts. LOL
I nearly broke my neck twice. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

I have great memories of the 70s and 80s dirt bike scene... glad I survived. I am thinking about getting a full face helmet for my EMTB.

Nice product design... how is the ventilation and heat management in the summer?

Back