Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

A cornucopia... 🤣

Another very large-volume bike shop near here has '19 Turbo levo comp, the matt-tan 'mud' colored one for $5200 on sale. A little spendy but seems like everybody raves about those bikes. Also a twenty-niner.
It is a little curious that the higher end bikes and big-3 are all going to 29. We should be paying attention... ;)

specialized-turbo-levo-comp-2019-11.jpg
Well said. A friend of mine last riding season purchased a Specialized Levo 29er. He is much taller than me and he purchased the Large size. When I took it for a spin, I was amazed that I was able to clear the top tube with no problem. My Haibike is size small and is a tighter/closer fit. Geometry is so different bike to bike. I also assumed the 29er wheels would also make it a much taller bike, but I thought wrong. His version of Levo run "small". 🤣

Do you use your Bike on Pavement? PayPal has temporarily Screwed me : Didn't realize I had to use a Paypal Account and didn't have one. I also didn't see until I heard from Paypal that Lenny added 210.00 for Shipping and Insurance: At this point still planning to get one of these : I'm not going to be Actual Full out Mountain Biking : We don't have those type of trails anywhere I know of.

Yes, I ride a FS ebike with bosch cx on pavement frequently and it feels much more stable, handles better, soaks the bumps and accelerates just as well. Also the weight penalty is insignificant.

There is only one thing to consider, if you are riding on pavement more invest in a spare set of tires that have threads suitable for pavement. They will wear less and ride smoother.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with PayPal... I'm sure you can get this resolved and get your bike shipped with no sales tax.

I live in the hills so I ride from my home to the nearby trails. I've added front and rear lights for safety and visibility while on the road.
The control display on the handlebars has a micro USB port so I have connected my front light with no need to remove and recharge. ;)

View attachment 45433 View attachment 45434

What are those mudguards and how did you install them on your Rebel?!?!?!

Another very large-volume bike shop near here has '19 Turbo levo comp
Browneye, if you can just take a Turbo Levo. It is the reference e-MTB. Other e-MTB are always compared to the Levo :)
The only other choice is to take a discounted BH from Lenny.

Browneye, if you can just take a Turbo Levo. It is the reference e-MTB. Other e-MTB are always compared to the Levo :)
The only other choice is to take a discounted BH from Lenny.

I decided that I would rather have 2 BH e-MTN Bikes to ride with friends rather than 1 Levo... ;)

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the spec on these two bikes?
Lenny's BH on sale: BH Easymotion Rebel Lynx 5.5 PW-X
And Haibike: 2019 HAIBIKE XDURO 2.0

I think the Xduro has a little more suspension travel. Look how close their frames are designed!
The BH is a size S - the shock tower is right a the top tube - there's quite a bit more space on the large size frame. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a 'dropper seatpost' so that would be a deal-breaker for the $$ involved to add it.

Spec observations:
  • Rebel's drivetrain is 1X11, Allmtn's is 2X10
  • Rebel has Shimano SLX brakes, Allmtn has Shimano MT520s (both 203mm front 180 rear)
  • Rebel's Fox Rhythm fork is XC slack (67 degrees), Allmtn Rockshox Yari is more all-mountain (66)
  • Rebel's rear shock is Fox FloatDPS, Allmtn's is Rockshox Deluxe RT
  • Rebel's dropper is a low-end KS model (unnamed on BH's website), Allmtn uses XLC (Haibike house brand)
IMO the Allmtn has better spec all around. I could go on, but they're all on these two websites:
I also have a couple of observations about the photo of the Rebel:
  • The battery in the photo you posted is a Yamaha-branded battery, not an Emotion like shown below. Not sure why that is...
  • Always drives me nuts when people photograph bikes w/droppers compressed - looks funnny to me and it's definitely not good to store them that way.
1581294320436.png

Last edited:
If you're that happy with your "low power" pedlec just practice what your preach and make sure you never set PAS above 1 or 2 to ensure your peak power never exceeds 250W. You're only promoting more nonsense regulation. For example, "B.C. Parks rolls out new e-bike policy (Class 1 only) to protect sensitive ecosystems". OK, so take a bike with 1000W nominal motor and program it to 500W nominal and remove throttle. Magically the same bike is now just fine and protects sensitive ecosystems. Or better yet, someone with a non-programmable "speed" pedlec can non longer ride legally even though for all intents and purposes it's no different than a class 1 pedlec for type of riding that would be done in these areas.

These deals from crazy lenny are good but this is probably not far from where these bikes should be pricing to begin with. The only reason I'd consider the Specialized TL is for the quiet brose mag-S AND the mission control app. Beyond that there is nothing that great about Specialized bikes IMO. The stock butcher tires are awful per every review I've read. I personally wouldn't want SRAM Guide brakes due to the messy, toxic, and expensive maintenance. Give me Magura MT5s.

What are those mudguards and how did you install them on your Rebel?!?!?!
I searched for a long time before I found the perfect solution... the SKS ShockBlade front and SKS Rowdy rear. ;)

1581306208466.png
1581306011328.png

I searched for a long time before I found the perfect solution... the SKS ShockBlade front and SKS Rowdy rear. ;)

View attachment 45480 View attachment 45479

Thank you for the links, how did you install them?

Yes, there's quite a spread in costs for these modern emtb's.

Thank you. I have trouble sorting thru all the spec differences and what they mean - the various models and numbers mean nothing to me.
But your synopsis is exactly what I was looking for. 👍
Both pics came from their perspective factory-usa sites.

Seems like I saw somewhere that the Haibike seatpost was limited in length due to frame design. But the one I tried, size L, fit perfectly up and down.

On sale pricing and discounts - I agree absolutely. It's like when REI or Nordstrom puts a shirt on sale, it becomes somewhat closer to normal market price. ;)

A couple other details I'd say lean towards the Haibike - tire choice, the maxxis minion dhf from what I recall are pretty highly regarded, nobby nics are just kinda standard issue 27.5+ tires. Also looking at the frame the haibike has several places where it appears to be extra reinforced - above/below where the top and bottom tubes meet the stem, and also where the top tube meets the seat post - that should add some stiffness to the main frame which I think would be a good thing generally!

The only reason I'd consider the Specialized TL is for the quiet brose mag-S AND the mission control app. Beyond that there is nothing that great about Specialized bikes IMO.
Not negating your personal views, I would say some people buy Mercedes-Benz although they might well do with a Toyota ;)

I'm not in the mood to quarrel, Tom. You have your own views, yet the e-MTB world has acclaimed the Turbo Levo the reference e-bike in its class. Turbo Levo SL setting even higher standards.

Both pics came from their perspective factory-usa sites.
The pic I posted came from (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

The pic you posted came from (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

If you look at the latter website's other bike pics, you'll see they use the same background setting for multiple brands, so I'm pretty sure they're taken at that store.

Here are the two photos together, the left pic has a replacement battery and grips, and tires that have been ridden a bit:
1581355173990.png
1581355193519.png

That is correct my friend, my apologies. 👍
I am unclear why they're different. The bike looks the same to me. The one on the left has the yamaha battery on it? Maybe Lenny's installed it there and took a pic, or it's a demo unit or something. [shrug]

That's correct. Lenny flew down to BH headquarters last year to purchase their entire remaining inventory of 300 bikes.

The picture is a demo unit and he has few of these bikes left in the box.

The bikes are truly excellent and if anyone is considering these bikes, I urge them to call the store. The folks there can send you all the pictures you may need.

Bob, did you have a question... glad to help.
Okay! Have you tried your Speed Clip on your BH Yamaha PW-X? I have the same setup on my 2018 Haibike 10.0 (motor and interface) and was curious where your comfort zone is using the delimiter. Are you satisfied with performance overall. ;)

A couple other details I'd say lean towards the Haibike - tire choice, the maxxis minion dhf from what I recall are pretty highly regarded, nobby nics are just kinda standard issue 27.5+ tires. Also looking at the frame the haibike has several places where it appears to be extra reinforced - above/below where the top and bottom tubes meet the stem, and also where the top tube meets the seat post - that should add some stiffness to the main frame which I think would be a good thing generally!
No qualms with the Maxxis Minion at all, great tire, but the Nobby Nics on the BH are the Evolution line vs their Perfomance series. The tires on the Lynx are about $100 a piece, no cheaping out here.

I could be wrong, but when I look at the top tube between the Haibike and the Lynx the Haibike tube narrows/flattens down near the seat tube whereas the BH maintains tube size from the bend to the seat tube. The apparent flatter/smaller profile of the Haibike top tube necessitates the welded on gussets to have sufficient torsional and lateral rigidity.

Back