Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

Yeah, these are cheaper than replacement batteries, lol. Not that replacement 400Wh batteries should cost more than $777, that's a crime in itself. I wish they had the 29er in a large. I may pick up the 27.5 HT in a large before stock starts to dwindle.

;)

Thanks for reporting the BH bikes are relisted... they represent an amazing deal for $777 for a Yamaha PW mid-drive eBike.

I am thinking of picking up another just for spare parts and another battery at this price... they are located in Silicon Valley.

View attachment 45277
Has anyone ever spoken to a human at Bicycle Blue Book?

I keep trying to call, but there are 4 options when the line picks up:
  • the "sales" voicemail box is full and can't take any new messages.
  • the trading partner, customer support and shipping voicemails are all the same guy ("Bill").
The dial zero option gets a different voicemail, which says they open at 10 (CA time) but when they were closed earlier, it said they open at 9.

I left messages where I could and emailed them too, but haven't heard back. 🤔

I contacted them via ebay messaging. They responded immediately. I asked if the bikes were new and came with BH warranty. They said the bikes have 0 miles but no warranty since they are not a BH dealer. They provide a 30 day warranty with free returns.

One thing holding me back is a Yamaha vs. Bosch video I saw comparing range with 400 Wh battery. I was surprised how much lower the Yamaha was.

I contacted them via ebay messaging. They responded immediately. I asked if the bikes were new and came with BH warranty. They said the bikes have 0 miles but no warranty since they are not a BH dealer. They provide a 30 day warranty with free returns.

One thing holding me back is a Yamaha vs. Bosch video I saw comparing range with 400 Wh battery. I was surprised how much lower the Yamaha was.

Thanks for the response - good to know there are humans there but this is not being offered through eBay, it's via their own website.

I just got a callback, all is well, it's truly legit. They don't come with warranties or manuals but they do have the keys and charger and zero miles. Far out!

As a Bosch, Yamaha, Shimano, and Brose owner (each for hundreds of trail miles), I'll posit that Yamaha's more efficient than Bosch, at least in my experience. I never did any scientific analyses, but Bosch is the least efficient of the bunch. The other three seem about equal to me... in terms of efficiency, at least. I'm still partial to Shimano's e8000 for eMTBs.

They are on ebay. Prices are 5% higher presumably to cover their additional fees.

They are on ebay. Prices are 5% higher presumably to cover their additional fees.

Thanks, good to know. FWIW the Blue Monkey video predates the Bosch CX and Yamaha PW-X, it may well be accurate to say the the Bosch Performance Line is more efficient than the Yamaha PW.

Has anyone ever spoken to a human at Bicycle Blue Book?
I keep trying to call, but there are 4 options when the line picks up:
  • the "sales" voicemail box is full and can't take any new messages.
  • the trading partner, customer support and shipping voicemails are all the same guy ("Bill").
The dial zero option gets a different voicemail, which says they open at 10 (CA time) but when they were closed earlier, it said they open at 9.
I left messages where I could and emailed them too, but haven't heard back. 🤔

They have a customer support line and also live help at the warehouse in San Jose, CA... I may drop in this weekend. ;)

FWIW the Blue Monkey video predates the Bosch CX and Yamaha PW-X, it may well be accurate to say the the Bosch Performance Line is more efficient than the Yamaha PW.
Yes, that's why the video piqued my attention as these are Yamaha PW motors on these bikes. Mikey looks a lot younger in those videos ha. What ever happened to Blue Monkey Bicycles? Seems they went out of business.

Yes, that's why the video piqued my attention as these are Yamaha PW motors on these bikes. Mikey looks a lot younger in those videos ha. What ever happened to Blue Monkey Bicycles? Seems they went out of business.
They did, Mikey now does ebike reviews here and on Elektrek

He's also referred to in this luna video around the 7 minute mark as the fake court rye. Cracks me up.

Did you do so already? The stock just went from a couple dozen to ZERO... again! They've also been removed from eBay in the past hour...

I messaged them via ebay asking for clarification. Perhaps inventory wasn't accurately updated in real time.

eBay - bicyclebluebook said:
They did sell out. With the recent price drops they went quickly.
Thanks for your interest.

I messaged them via ebay asking for clarification. Perhaps inventory wasn't accurately updated in real time.
I think one buyer bought all the remaining bikes - 40-50 of them - and predict that we'll see them appear on a discount retailer's website within a few weeks.

eBay - bicyclebluebook said:

They did sell out. With the recent price drops they went quickly.
Thanks for your interest.

I think one buyer bought all the remaining bikes - 40-50 of them - and predict that we'll see them appear on a discount retailer's website within a few weeks.

I am afraid you are both right... I tried to get the word out early to EBR forum members. I hope a few people were able to purchase. ;)

Kind of strange how they all disappeared at once as opposed to one model selling out before the next. Also strange how they were removed for a few days then added back. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Their website shows inventory and I would think it updates in real time as sales occur. Of course they could be sold on ebay but the same should show on ebay. Under completed listings ebay only shows a total of 4 sold. No big deal to me I could take it or leave it. Just odd. Almost think their website is not set up properly for multiple inventory and it may come back. Shrug.

Agreed... I suspect a shop or web retailer purchased the entire remaining inventory.
I am going to drop by the warehouse tomorrow to see if I can get a straight answer.

I would like to go see them. From what I've been able to gather from online reviewers is that its hands down an extreme value, just for the parts involved. Evidently the frame is a work of art.
The handling is pretty advanced though, and for an all-arounder there are better options - even the giant. And they're all about the same price, the YT's are not exorbitantly expensive. For five grand you can get one helluva eMTB - in any of your favorite flavors. 👍

Maybe we'll check them out one of these Saturdays when we're in San Clemente - it's a great place to go on the weekend.

Frankly, from what I have read around the interwebs, I would rather have a steps 8000 than a brose mag. Just a gut-feeling. I'm sure there are happy owners of all of them. I do like the Yamaha very much. Now I gotta try out the PW-X for comparison.
Looks like you are in the sweet spot of the country to try all of these. Would be interesting to see your take on the E8000, vs the PW-X, vs Brose mag, all in one shoot. I agree, they are all fine works of tech with so many great and varying characteristics. I test rode all but the E8000, back to back at an E-bike Expo and have to say my fav was the PW-X. Then again the newer versions of the others like the Gen4 Bosch may change my thinking.
Hope you find some interesting results.

Back