Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

BH is tons better then any of those 3.

Trek, Specialized, Giant= cracked frames , broken bottom brackets, non working or very flimsy displays, only 2 year warranty.
The fact that they have many dealers doesn't help, if you have to go to the shop every week...
...no S-Pedelec made by BH now as far as I know... :) Ebiker01, if BH had a mid-drive S-Pedelec available in Europe when I was selecting an e-bike to buy, I would not hesitate. Now, I'm very happy with my Vado 5.

Good luck with that. AFAIK Specialized doesn't allow dealers to discount. Same "sale" price as on the Specialized website for closeout models. 2020 TL Comp retails for $6K and is probably a better value with larger battery and dropper seat post. If you are spending $5-6K for a bike I think most will opt for latest model than buy an older model. If price is a concern I'd think the rational choice would be to save another $3K opting for BH overstock.

but during our lengthy conversation I was offered the Atom X for $2050, $2250 delivered to my door.

Nice! Was that the Lynx 5? How are you liking it so far? Do you notice the higher center of gravity with the steep battery tube?

Good luck with that. AFAIK Specialized doesn't allow dealers to discount.
Unless they have to get rid of stock 🤣 My 2017 Turbo Vado 5.0 cost at the Warsaw Specialized Dealer an equivalent of US$3900 in 2019, and the 2020 model costs US$4560 there. Of course, you are right, tomdav, it is not the dealer who gives the discount but the distributor.

Hopefully you got a good one. Buddy of mine has had a lot of issues with his clearance Vado. I think it was 2017. He still loves it though.

Nice! Was that the Lynx 5? How are you liking it so far? Do you notice the higher center of gravity with the steep battery tube?
Atom X Lynx 5 27.5 + PROe. I got it in December just as winter set in, so to be honest I've literally been on it three times for three short rides leaving from home, pretty much pavement riding. As for center of gravity, when I pick up the bike with both wheels coming off the ground same time I have to grip the top tube mid length, riding on the flat ground so far I feel like my weight is centered over the mid drive motor.

Next day edit: After thinking about it, if by high center of gravity you mean my balance could be tipped easily, then no. Have the small frame version.

Last edited:
Hopefully you got a good one. Buddy of mine has had a lot of issues with his clearance Vado. I think it was 2017. He still loves it though.
The only real problem was the software, which was not updated. After the update, I am more than happy. An excellent bike. Especially as Specialized used premium components for the 2017 model, as it was the company's flagship commuter e-bike, and it was a novelty at that time.

Same on desktop version. No link to cart. Duh. LOL
$200 to ship.
The spec on the PW-X version is a little nicer - likely well worth the additional $$.

Wow - those YT reviews are outstanding!! And they liked the bike! 🤣

While Lenny's is a pretty big volume dealer, they are still really just a bike shop that happens to have picked up on a sales model that works outside of their local area selling online. The reason it is just best to call in is they can check their actual inventory, discuss which bike might suit your needs best and wrap things up quickly in an 'in-person' fashion. If you use their chat function on the website you'll be talking with the same person you end up talking to in their store to finish the sale too!

They are good to deal with (and can't be beat on price), I've visited the store a couple of times (Minneapolis to Madison and back) and just bought my 6th bike from them - a BH Atom Pro RC that I can't wait for!

On the subject of brands...I'd say some of the bigger names are playing catch-up to ones like Haibike, BH or Bulls - just because they aren't recognizable in the US doesn't mean they aren't established and known entities in terms of their quality standards. Heck that Giant bike you're referencing is basically the same bike - fox components, shimano vs. sram drivetrain, and looking at the Giant motor description, highly likely the exact same motor (described as 'powered by yamaha').

The Giant may be slightly more aesthetically pleasing, however I promise you'll appreciate the ease of removing the BH yamaha battery vs a drop down out of the down tube design like the Giant - my Bulls bike has a similar drop-out battery design and it is not the easiest to handle.

And I really think yamaha drive is for me - solid reputation and not the most costly option.
How would you describe the sound the "yammer" motor makes? Audible, or not? (I think highly of Yamaha motors, know nothing on the sound they make). For your information, Brose motors are completely silent. (I used to watch videos of Electric Mountain Bike Network and got attracted to Turbo Levo; that was the driving factor for my choosing the Vado).

If you consider an e-MTB, @Browneye, bear in mind their range is shorter than of a commuter e-bike, regardless of the battery size. These are made for climbing, not for devouring distances ;)

My Yamaha motorbikes in the 70's were ok. But so were Bimmer, Kawi, Honda & Suzuki. Learned from a Benelli mini bike to leave boutique brands for others with more patience and $$ than I :)
Just tried looking up Yamaha equipped ebikes here in Ontario Canada and they seem hard to find. One dealer in Toronto seems to be it. And judging from comments in another post Noisey Motor not sure I would want one, bargain price or not. As BrownEye says... it comes down to a LBS who can service them competently.

Last edited:
BH is tons better then any of those 3.

Trek, Specialized, Giant= cracked frames , broken bottom brackets, non working or very flimsy displays, only 2 year warranty.
The fact that they have many dealers doesn't help, if you have to go to the shop every week...

Lennys is prob. Nr. 1 BH dealer in US, they've ordered many and they are by far the most reliable ebikes out there and with the best warranty.
5 years or Lifetime warranty if you register online. 2years on the battery.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Specialized is Lifetime on the frame, 2 years on the Battery and Motor is 2 years or 15000 km on belt.

Was at our local Giant store on Saturday. No ebikes in stock, which at this time of year might make sense with all the snow outside. Though I sure if you put up the money they would be happy to bring it in for you:)

Last edited:
How would you describe the sound the "yammer" motor makes? Audible, or not? (I think highly of Yamaha motors, know nothing on the sound they make). For your information, Brose motors are completely silent. (I used to watch videos of Electric Mountain Bike Network and got attracted to Turbo Levo; that was the driving factor for my choosing the Vado).

If you consider an e-MTB, @Browneye, bear in mind their range is shorter than of a commuter e-bike, regardless of the battery size. These are made for climbing, not for devouring distances ;)

Good feedback for prospective buyers.
The Yamaha falls between the Brose and Bosch in terms of motor noise. The Yamaha is also freewheeling when the power is off to the motor.
One other consideration is maintenance and repair... the local shops indicated that the Brose belt drive and electronics often need more attention.

I barely notice the noise on my pwx

The bosch cx is much more annoying to me.
I have two CX-equipped bikes, a full suspension Haibike and a Raleigh hardtail. The FS has the SES pulley (pic below), the HTdoesn't.

The FS is much louder than the HT, which I attribute to the pulley. Even when the motor's off it's freakin' LOUD.

Addendum: I checked the pulley's bearings recently, they were clean, smooth and are now re-greased. Still loud - maybe it's the chainguide.

1580853835290.png

Last edited:
]
For those who are looking for a BH Yamaha PW hardtail or Gravel bike... here is an amazing deal for new in box models. ;)

EDIT: Well, that did not last long... someone must have purchased the entire remaining stock today. Anyone here on EBR?

View attachment 45139

Deal must have fallen through. :p They are back in stock.

Last edited:
Half price takes it from 'that looks interesting' to 'well, now that's a no-brainer'.

We did a group ride yesterday, a couple of breweries, 7 ebikes, had a blast. One of the guys suggested I look at YT Decoy - never heard of them Shimano steps drive - killer looking bikes, local company.
We do cars and coffee in San Clemente most Saturdays, so I'll be sure to check them out as well.

I still really like the Giant Trance e-pro+1. If I could get one for under four grand I'd probly be a buyer instead of a shopper.

I really like the Yamaha mid-drive. I have a comfort level with it - like a 'known entity'.

YT has their 'mullet' emtb's - 27.5 rear with 29" front, good suspension, dropper seat, good battery size, nice integration. And a very nice 29" trailbike. All their bikes are carbon fiber - right about 50lbs.

I still think I'd rather have a trance for the $$ involved.

p4pb18221995.jpg

I really like the looks and styling of the YT above the best, out of all the bikes listed here. Perhaps it may be one of the most $$$ out of all of these? Also like the idea of doing a DIY- Di2 hookup with minimal parts needed on the E-8000 system in place. Looks like the complete package IMO.

My PW mid-drive whirs a little when it's cold, when you first get on it. After that it is silent. As I've mentioned, wind noise is ten times what the motor would ever make.
I guess I need to go try a PW-X to verify, but my guess is some commenters have made a mountain out of a molehill. I don't believe any of them are noisy.

Yeah, I figured that on range. Everyone that I've talked to on these things don't seem to use up all their juice - they run out of their own juice before the bike does. 😁
I can vouch for my 2018 PW-X which is very quiet indeed. I have been riding it for over a year and like you have indicated the wind noise will drown out motor noise hands down. Even from the get go in High P/A, the high pitched whining sound on mine is minimal. A keeper IMO.

For those who are looking for a BH Yamaha PW hardtail or Gravel bike... here is an amazing deal for new in box models. ;)

EDIT: Well, that did not last long... someone must have purchased the entire remaining stock today. Anyone here on EBR?

Deal must have fallen through. They are back in stock.
;)

Thanks for reporting the BH bikes are relisted... they represent an amazing deal for $777 for a Yamaha PW mid-drive eBike.

I am thinking of picking up another just for spare parts and another battery at this price... they are located in Silicon Valley.

1581054713711.png

Last edited:
Back