Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

He's a Business Man : No way did he sell them to someone that would have them teh next 6 month's or mopre : Maybe not selling as Cheap as he sell
I have two CX-equipped bikes, a full suspension Haibike and a Raleigh hardtail. The FS has the SES pulley (pic below), the HTdoesn't.

The FS is much louder than the HT, which I attribute to the pulley. Even when the motor's off it's freakin' LOUD.

Addendum: I checked the pulley's bearings recently, they were clean, smooth and are now re-greased. Still loud - maybe it's the chainguide.

View attachment 45169
Did you mess with the
Derailleur in Rear
It's probable then it needs adjusting just like a Regular bike : Chain noise is usually Rear Derailleur : It doesn't take much. If it's not centered it gets noisy

Agreed... I suspect a shop or web retailer purchased the entire remaining inventory.
I am going to drop by the warehouse tomorrow to see if I can get a straight answer.
What are you talking about ?? Lenny's inventory? I just purchased
BH Easymotion Rebel Lynx 5.5 PW-X

It took my card> If they are out I would assume that wouldn't have happened : Looks like others are in stock as well : Unless we are talking about something different

A different seller was offering 3 different Easy Motion Rebel models (without rear suspension) for under $1000. Those are no longer available.

What are you talking about ?? Lenny's inventory? I just purchased
BH Easymotion Rebel Lynx 5.5 PW-X

It took my card> If they are out I would assume that wouldn't have happened : Looks like others are in stock as well : Unless we are talking about something different

Please re-read the earlier posts in this thread... it will be revealed that we were discussing 3 completely different BH models. ;)

BTW, glad to hear that you purchased from Lenny's... what is the current price for the BH Rebel 5.5?

Please re-read the earlier posts in this thread... it will be revealed that we were discussing 3 completely different BH models. ;)

BTW, glad to hear that you purchased from Lenny's... what is the current price for the BH Rebel 5.5?
will admit I didn't read much of the Thread : So I didn't know it had been jacked : $2400.00

Flatsix911 Bike Forum Picture of your Bike peaked my Interest : Obviously you are riding it out on the regular Streets : I see head lights

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the spec on these two bikes?
Lenny's BH on sale: BH Easymotion Rebel Lynx 5.5 PW-X
And Haibike: 2019 HAIBIKE XDURO 2.0

I think the Xduro has a little more suspension travel. Look how close their frames are designed!
The BH is a size S - the shock tower is right a the top tube - there's quite a bit more space on the large size frame. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a 'dropper seatpost' so that would be a deal-breaker for the $$ involved to add it.

LOL I See Your Post Which is giving me A Little Buyers Remorse: Low and Behold I get an Email from Paypal that says My New Account Will be available in 7-10 days . Once My Verification Goes thru at My Bank? Next Email is Lenny's Canceling My Order noting Credit Card Rejected : *So Paypal just screwed up My Purchase*

After Reading your Post it has me thinking : Guess it was meant to be :

By the way : Road a Friends 2010 Trek Powerfly 5 with the Gen 4 Bosch CX. Granted it's a Hard Tail as He's 73 and wanted More of an Enduro For Road and Trail. I just tried it on a Loose Gravel Road with a Moderate Hill. But I'd say it was Pretty Spunky : I took a 1/2 Mile spin down the Black Top pavement and reached 22 MPH Top Speed : didn't really pay attention but I Assume a Hardtail MTB Like The Trek PF has 29'rs : I see the Haibike is Free Shipping :

No local support in My Area : The LBS tells me there's nothing that compares to Rear Suspension regardless of terrain. One thing about Trek is I can Put a Rear Rack on it : We don't have mountains in Michigan : Just alot of Hills and Powerline Trails :

Last edited:
;)
Now for my review notes...
I had a chance to pick Sam's brain a little on the various drive systems. The biggest surprise was his comment on Bosch - they've been building motors for a decade now and just opened their hundred-thousandth warranty claim. Oh my, they sell a lot but they also repair a lot. He says they have to work on the Bosch systems way more than any of the others. On the other hand, Yamaha doesn't even have a claim center - they just don't have very many failures, addressing any that do come up through their dealer network. His words - BULLETPROOF. That's good enough for me.

And on the Brose S-Mag - with the belt drive, is the quietest of them all, and is much better as the new mag-version. So far so good, but really not proven over long term yet.
His comment about the Shimano drive is that he just never cared for them much. But I don't know if he's worked on them much or not. I wanted his opinion though as that's the powerplant YT uses in their DECOY eMTB's - the 'Steps E8000'. Okay, I've rambled on enough...Q&A if anyone has any. I learned a lot yesterday. Oh, and we had a fun ride on our ebikes. 👍

Great review of a few different motor systems... nice to hear that the Yamaha systems are bulletproof. I plan on riding my BH 5.5 for many miles. ;)

I think the Xduro has a little more suspension travel. Look how close their frames are designed!
The BH is a size S - the shock tower is right a the top tube - there's quite a bit more space on the large size frame.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a 'dropper seatpost' so that would be a deal-breaker for the $$ involved to add it.

I can help with the specs on the BH Easymotion Rebel Lynx 5.5 PW-X. I own a dozen analog bikes and 3 EBikes and the BH is the best by far.
The frame is very well designed with a split pivot geometry to provide plenty of range of motion front and rear. Detailed specs listed below:

Another bonus... the dropper seat post is included and the controls are internally routed to the handlebars. It's really an excellent value/ride... ;)

1581273220708.png

Last edited:
LOL I See Your Post Which is giving me A Little Buyers Remorse: Low and Behold I get an Email from Paypal that says My New Account Will be available in 7-10 days . Once My Verification Goes thru at My Bank? Next Email is Lenny's Canceling My Order noting Credit Card Rejected : *So Paypal just screwed up My Purchase*

After Reading your Post it has me thinking : Guess it was meant to be :

By the way : Road a Friends 2010 Trek Powerfly 5 with the Gen 4 Bosch CX. Granted it's a Hard Tail as He's 73 and wanted More of an Enduro For Road and Trail. I just tried it on a Loose Gravel Road with a Moderate Hill. But I'd say it was Pretty Spunky : I took a 1/2 Mile spin down the Black Top pavement and reached 22 MPH Top Speed : didn't really pay attention but I Assume a Hardtail MTB Like The Trek PF has 29'rs : I see the Haibike is Free Shipping :

No local support in My Area : The LBS tells me there's nothing that compares to Rear Suspension regardless of terrain. One thing about Trek is I can Put a Rear Rack on it : We don't have mountains in Michigan : Just alot of Hills and Powerline Trails :
Which I had some Yamaha Motor experience to compare with The Bosch Gen 4. I sure didn't feel the drag I hear others talking about : I'm also starting to see How 90% of the Time Riding You aren't even in a situation you can use Class 3: Getting up to 22MPH felt like I was Flying

I can help with the specs on the BH Easymotion Rebel Lynx 5.5 PW-X. I own a dozen analog bikes and 3 EBikes and the BH is the best by far.
The frame is very well designed with a split pivot geometry to provide plenty of range of motion front and rear. Detailed specs listed below:

Another bonus... the dropper seat post is included and the controls are internally routed to the handlebars. It's an excellent ride...

View attachment 45432 ;)
Do you use your Bike on Pavement? PayPal has temporarily Screwed me : Didn't realize I had to use a Paypal Account and didn't have one. I also didn't see until I heard from Paypal that Lenny added 210.00 for Shipping and Insurance: At this point still planning to get one of these : I'm not going to be Actual Full out Mountain Biking : We don't have those type of trails anywhere I know of.

Do you use your Bike on Pavement? PayPal has temporarily Screwed me : Didn't realize I had to use a Paypal Account and didn't have one. I also didn't see until I heard from Paypal that Lenny added 210.00 for Shipping and Insurance: At this point still planning to get one of these : I'm not going to be Actual Full out Mountain Biking : We don't have those type of trails anywhere I know of.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with PayPal... I'm sure you can get this resolved and get your bike shipped with no sales tax.

I live in the hills so I ride from my home to the nearby trails. I've added front and rear lights for safety and visibility while on the road.
The control display on the handlebars has a micro USB port so I have connected my front light with no need to remove and recharge. ;)

1581274361517.png
1581274374366.png

I am. There's a 'lectric bike shop every few miles here.

So yeah, went to a few shops yesterday, exploring via ebike, wifey was a little bored but found some interesting things, like a rear strobe, and I got to see some awesome eMTB's.
First stop was our local Trek dealer - they have like 5 or 6 stores around the 'southland' and they are by far the nicest out of all bike shops. Obviously some profits there selling Trek can Electra. I was looking for the new RAIL5 - just sold their last one - sales kid not sure if he can get management authorization to 'bring in another $5K bike'. I said you'll sell them if you have them. He's going to call me if/when they get one.
They had the Powerfly models, even a 2018 one they're trying to blow out, but will need to discount it further to move it. The '19 models are nice, even had a carbon one, but none are 'cheap' - nothing under $4K.
The 2020 Powerfly is now a hardtail - the new Rail model is the full suspension bike with another update to the Bosch CX motor and 700w integrated battery, 29-er.
I did not ride any, but promised to try them all and choose one if they got a Rail in. So the new 2020 models have the upgraded 'gen-4' Bosch, and bigger 700w batteries - the '19s they had are 500w.

Next stop was Fullerton Electric Bikes - Sam has done a lot of the review videos with Court, super nice guy and very knowledgable about ebikes. He has Aventon, Motiv, Haibike, Bulls, BESV, Yamaha, Magnum, Surface, and a few others. I got to try out the Haibike XDuro All Mountain 2.0 with PW-X - it's a very nice bike, about $3200 OTD - our sales tax is 8%.
Then tried out the new BULLS E-STREAM EVO AM 4 (S MAG). This is a state of the art mtb with Fox suspension, 750w integrated battery, 27.5 wheels, Brose S Mag drive. He had special ordered in both of these bikes for customers that never showed back up to buy them - he doesn't require a deposit - does business the old way, based on your word. Both were size L which were perfect for me, and I enjoyed both of them.
The Bulls stickers at $6299 - offered for $5K OTD.

Now for the shocker - Sam has sold the business to Fullerton Bike Shop next door - the top Giant dealer in the country, and he's moving to Taiwan. He said they have some family medical issues that is taking them there, so he's retiring. He'll get involved in the bike business over there - maybe even do some development or marketing assistance for bike builders there.

Then next door at the Giant dealer I took in the Trance E+1, they stock all the eMTB models from Giant, and have Santacruz and a few other pedalics. I really like the TranceE with sync-drive pro. They didn't offer me a discount yet, perhaps if i'm ready to sign. I bought my Explore from them, and have sent in buyers for two more bikes, so I'm a 'preferred customer'. 😇 I did not bother trying out the Trance as it has the same mid-drive as the Haibike.

Now for my review notes...
I had a chance to pick Sam's brain a little on the various drive systems. The biggest surprise was his comment on Bosch - they've been building motors for a decade now and just opened their hundred-thousandth warranty claim. Oh my, they sell a lot but they also repair a lot. He says they have to work on the Bosch systems way more than any of the others. On the other hand, Yamaha doesn't even have a claim center - they just don't have very many failures, addressing any that do come up through their dealer network. His words - BULLETPROOF. That's good enough for me.
And on the Brose S-Mag - with the belt drive, is the quietest of them all, and is much better as the new mag-version. So far so good, but really not proven over long term yet.
His comment about the Shimano drive is that he just never cared for them much. But I don't know if he's worked on them much or not. I wanted his opinion though as that's the powerplant YT uses in their DECOY eMTB's - the 'Steps E8000'.

I got to finally try out the PW-X to compare to my 'pw' bike. It is more similar than different, just a little more punchy, and that's kind of hard to judge cuz the MTB bike is really geared differently than my Explore. And the Haibike version has a double front chain ring which is cool - great for commuting to trail, then super low gears for climbing. When I rolled up after my test ride I asked him why people are saying they are noisy - he explained the drive gears are straight cut and when you get to really high rpms you can hear that. I found out yesterday if I pick a lower gear, like 2 or 3 and pedal as fast as I can, the PW also buzzes some - it's the gears. He says it's not uncommon for people to comment on this after experiencing some serious climbing with the bike, but all in all it's quite insignificant. So the Yamaha drive is still my favorite. There isn't a big difference in feel for PW vs PW-X - they even make the same whirring noise when they're cold. Very easy to hit the speed limiter - all these bikes are Class1, no throttles on eMTB's.

The Brose S-Mag is a little more punchy and very nice to ride. The smaller display on the left is very nice, and the BULLS model was pure bliss - super cushy, great power, very nice to ride.
In comparing all these bikes - the Haibike is the best buy at $3000 or so, very comparably equipped to the others, the Giant next at $4500, then the Bulls for $4700, and now I would have really liked to try the new Trek for $5000. Worth noting, the Trek is the only 'twenty-niner'. Giant does have the 29" STANCE model but it's lower spec and the suspension lacks compared to the top RockShox and Fox options. Both Rockshox and Fox are very plush with adjustable damping - just excellent.

So there you have it - a quick eMTB comparo. Makes the BH PW-X upthread here for $2450 look like a bargain, although with shipping it's getting close to the Haibike Sam has in stock - and I get local support. If I had the $$ sitting I'd probly buy it, but I'm still paying off my Giant and would like to get that out of the way before taking on another one - I'm supposed to be saving for retirement! 😝

Okay, I've rambled on enough...Q&A if anyone has any. I learned a lot yesterday. Oh, and we had a fun ride on our ebikes. 👍

EDIT: I see now the 2020 Trek Rail5 has a 500w battery. Just FYI. And the color is awesome!

Excellent post with many curious questions answered. Great news about the Yamaha drives having very little claims. I had high hopes for the Shimano drives, however, that alone would not stop me from considering them in the future. I usually do not ride in very quiet places, so I very seldom notice much high end whining on the Yamaha.

All of these drives have their place and they seem to be all top performers IMO. It will probably get down to components and styling once you get past the motor decision. Like I said, you are in the sweet spot (like a kid in a candy store) and happy to see you are able to take full advantage of your position in choosing. If I were you (as confusing as it is), I would take some extra time to make a choice. You already have one, so it sounds like you are not too hard pressed. I agree with you on the RAIL5, that would be a great bike to test ride to see what Trek has done with geometry, etc.

The BH at $2450 is a sweet deal with all of the bells and whistles with the PW-X to boot. At that price point, it would be a great 2nd E-bike to have. Having 2 E-bikes in that category for $5-6 Gs is a steal. Right now, I am a big Haibike fan due to the great riding experience I have been having for the past year. I also like my BH commuter that I use for less rocky terrain. So both brands get high marks in my book.

I have to say, you have gone on the ultimate E-bike test ride experience. :p It is like having your own E-bike Expo in your own backyard 365.

I wish Sam well in his relo. He is one of Courts best go to guys for info and videos. He will be missed for sure. Thanks for posting a well informed update!

The BH is a size S - the shock tower is right a the top tube - there's quite a bit more space on the large size frame. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a 'dropper seatpost' so that would be a deal-breaker for the $$ involved to add it.

Yes, the Haibike has a bit more suspension travel and a lot more than the hardtail version. Some buyers make the mistake on standover height during purchase. You have to add approx 3 inches when choosing the F/S version. I was informed of that spec and had to stay with size small. When buyers are ordering sight unseen, they find the bike does not fit them upon arrival and are then stuck with it due to the extra rise. Protect those family jewels! 🤪

Another bonus... the dropper seat post is included and the controls are internally routed to the handlebars. It's really an excellent value/ride... ;)

View attachment 45432
Congrats on your bike purchase. Sweet components and BH is a great brand with a great warranty. They will go the extra mile for the customer, based on my own experience. Cheers!

Bob, did you have a question... glad to help.
Not at the moment, but if I do, I'll give you a holler. Thanks.
Perhaps you could give us a short review (later) based on your own riding experience. Looks like BH has come through again with an outstanding setup.

I would not be buying this type of bike if I were riding it on pavement. And full suspension is only really needed offroad, and for jumping, etc.
I guess you could lock out the rear, or jack it way up, put road tires on them. IMO a hardtail would be better for smooth bike paths and roads.

@FlatSix911 - Good news on the dropper-Seatpost. Do you know if the BH sale ones are 2018 or 2019 models?

Yes, both the 2018 and 2019 models have the dropper post... you can also confirm with Lenny.

1581283853093.png
1581283745748.png

Back