Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

My guess is jealousy, so he resorts to personal attacks. Oh well. Why god gave us the ignore option. 👍 Some folks are just small-minded. He just does not want to hear thought processes and experiences and how we got here. Some are just inherently unhappy. I'm not evil, and I'm not stupid, thank you very much. 🤣

I'm trying to determine proper sizing on these bikes - Lenny's only has one Rebel lynx left and it's a medium. They got 80 of the various models and are nearly sold out.
I thought I wanted a large. I've PM'd a couple of guys here that I think got them to find out what they got and how they fit. Seems I'm always right on the cusp of both sizes - M and L.

I'm scheduled to demo the YT Decoy 29 Pro in large tomorrow - will get a pic or two and report. They are a LOT more $$ than these, but pretty much on par with Giant and Specialized around here. You do get a little more bike, better components, and that carbon fiber frame. 👍 The 'Base 29' is a step down componenet-wise, but still seem solid. $4499 list. They ARE 'twenty-niners'.

I saw on another review on the Rebel that 29" wheels would fit if one wanted to convert it. May actually be worth looking at.

It does appear that BH may not be continuing here in the US, but Lenny's mentioned that they are working with them on it. They did say getting parts was 100% and into the future. I don't worry so much with the Yamaha drive, and they mentioned that as well. They are really solid, very very few claims. I'm more than handy so not worried about it. For the other drives I think I would pass - I would want local support so if it blew up I could drop it back for warranty work. We have good dealers that support the yamaha drives here, and Yamaha is just up the road a bit locally.

I would jump on the BH Rebel Lynx if they offered you the last one... they are bulletproof and many dealers support the Yamaha PW-X.

My guess is jealousy, so he resorts to personal attacks. Oh well. Why god gave us the ignore option. 👍 Some folks are just small-minded. He just does not want to hear thought processes and experiences and how we got here. Some are just inherently unhappy. I'm not evil, and I'm not stupid, thank you very much. 🤣

I'm trying to determine proper sizing on these bikes - Lenny's only has one Rebel lynx left and it's a medium. They got 80 of the various models and are nearly sold out.
I thought I wanted a large. I've PM'd a couple of guys here that I think got them to find out what they got and how they fit. Seems I'm always right on the cusp of both sizes - M and L.

I'm scheduled to demo the YT Decoy 29 Pro in large tomorrow - will get a pic or two and report. They are a LOT more $$ than these, but pretty much on par with Giant and Specialized around here. You do get a little more bike, better components, and that carbon fiber frame. 👍 The 'Base 29' is a step down componenet-wise, but still seem solid. $4499 list. They ARE 'twenty-niners'.

I saw on another review on the Rebel that 29" wheels would fit if one wanted to convert it. May actually be worth looking at.

It does appear that BH may not be continuing here in the US, but Lenny's mentioned that they are working with them on it. They did say getting parts was 100% and into the future. I don't worry so much with the Yamaha drive, and they mentioned that as well. They are really solid, very very few claims. I'm more than handy so not worried about it. For the other drives I think I would pass - I would want local support so if it blew up I could drop it back for warranty work. We have good dealers that support the yamaha drives here, and Yamaha is just up the road a bit locally.
Geez, I have to move to the west coast for all of those great easy access toys! I personally enjoy your viewpoints and your posts. Thorough and informative. Keep on posting brother! Peace! ;)

He is not jealous. :rolleyes: Nobody GAF about the minutia, create a what bike should I buy thread if you want input about other bikes or post diary entries. Some (myself included) were spamming the thread with non-relevant banter and I'll own up to it. I think it's a reasonable request for someone looking at these bikes to keep it on topic.

I have started a new thread here: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/emtb-options-for-2020.32057/
I like to talk about bikes, so come on over and let's do that. 😁

I have moved all of my posts from this thread to the new one. For anyone that quoted them, feel free to delete the quote. This way the 'IDGAF' people can discuss Lenny's BH bikes here. I am unsubscribing from this one.

Please accept my apologies.

Last edited:
He is not jealous. :rolleyes: Nobody GAF about the minutia, create a what bike should I buy thread if you want input about other bikes or post diary entries. Some (myself included) were spamming the thread with non-relevant banter and I'll own up to it. I think it's a reasonable request for someone looking at these bikes to keep it on topic.
Thank you for putting it in words that he can understand.

Unfortunately my question went unnoticed because of this and I am afraid I may have missed the deal.

From the pictures I looks like it has a fox suspension with enough clearance for both 29 and 27.5+(I know that fox actually has forks that can take both). Since Rythm is said to be an oem fork I can't find much information online. Do you guys know if BH lynx 5.5 can take 29ers too ? I would appreciate this info since I really like 29ers and it would be great to be able to switch between the two.

Thank you for putting it in words that he can understand.

Unfortunately my question went unnoticed because of this and I am afraid I may have missed the deal.

From the pictures I looks like it has a fox suspension with enough clearance for both 29 and 27.5+(I know that fox actually has forks that can take both). Since Rythm is said to be an oem fork I can't find much information online. Do you guys know if BH lynx 5.5 can take 29ers too ? I would appreciate this info since I really like 29ers and it would be great to be able to switch between the two.

The BH appears to have adequate clearance to take 29" tires... I would recommend sticking with a maximum tire width of 2.5" to be safe.

I know that a number of high-end bike companies now spec a 29" front and 27.5" rear tire set for a better handling bike... full mullet style.;)

Last edited:

The Fox 34 and Rhythm 34 are same except for slightly smaller tube diameter and some cost savings to internals. Reviews say the Rhythm 34 is 90% of the Fox 34.

I dug up this info:

29-inch forks are built with a longer offset than their 27.5-inch counterparts, which means that 29ers require a steeper head angle to achieve the same trail measurement. A more kicked-out head angle yields a bike with greater pitch stability, or fore-aft stability. This means that when things get wild, you’ll be less likely to be ejected over the handlebars. This is mostly a factor for high-speed descending and steep terrain.

If you contact Crazy Lenny by email they are very responsive and would more than likely answer your question.
They seemed pretty knowledgeable and responded quickly during my dealings with them.

Since Rythm is said to be an oem fork I can't find much information online. Do you guys know if BH lynx 5.5 can take 29ers too ? I would appreciate this info since I really like 29ers and it would be great to be able to switch between the two.

A 27.5+ fork can accept a 29er but the tire size has to be less than 2.25"

So, you could run a 2.1" hybrid tire like Schwalbe Marathon Almotion if you want to switch it out from MTB tire to non-MTB.

The gearing on the bike is designed for e-MTB/climbing application, may not be ideal for cruising at high-speeds.

A 27.5+ fork can accept a 29er but the tire size has to be less than 2.25"

So, you could run a 2.1" hybrid tire like Schwalbe Marathon Almotion if you want to switch it out from MTB tire to non-MTB.

The gearing on the bike is designed for e-MTB/climbing application, may not be ideal for cruising at high-speeds.

Thank you Ravi. I am aware of that conversion ,a standard 27.5+ is assumed to be able to take 27.5x3.0 which translates into 29x2.25 in diameter, but some forks are actually built to take both 27.5+ and 29ers beyond 2.25". I think this is because these are actually 29er forks which are advertised as 27.5+ and 29 compatible.
2.1 is too narrow, I was hoping to run 2.3-2.4's at least. Oh well I will call and ask.

2.1 is too narrow, I was hoping to run 2.3-2.4's at least.

Why not simply run a 27.5 tire?
The difference between 27.5 vs 29er is not at all substantial unless you are riding really technical terrain.
On paved surfaces, you won't notice it.
If you are going to be doing lots of technical riding, then its reasonable.

What is prompting you to think you need a 29er wheel set?

Why not simply run a 27.5 tire?
The difference between 27.5 vs 29er is not at all substantial unless you are riding really technical terrain.
On paved surfaces, you won't notice it.
If you are going to be doing lots of technical riding, then its reasonable.

What is prompting you to think you need a 29er wheel set?

-I tried both many times and every time I felt like 29ers rolled easier on the trails. The bike I liked best was a fullnine with fox float in the front. I tried another 29er with yari and it was also quite good.

-27.5+ feel more agile, easier to turn and accelerated better than 29ers.

-However 27.5+ feel small (and too wide at times) and 29 feel more comfortable keeping higher speeds. This was especially noticeable on paved surfaces.

It may be a matter of getting used to, I am not claiming that one is better than the other.

Thank you Ravi. I am aware of that conversion ,a standard 27.5+ is assumed to be able to take 27.5x3.0 which translates into 29x2.25 in diameter, but some forks are actually built to take both 27.5+ and 29ers beyond 2.25".
I think this is because these are actually 29er forks which are advertised as 27.5+ and 29 compatible.
2.1 is too narrow, I was hoping to run 2.3-2.4's at least. Oh well, I will call and ask.

You can definitely run a wider 29'er tire on the BH frame... I measured the clearance and I would be comfortable running a 2.5"- 2.6" front and rear.

***** Photo 1= Front Fork with stock 27.5 x 2.8" Schwalbe tire ***** Photo 2= Rear suspension pivot with stock 27.5 x 2.8" Schwalbe tire

IMG_3401.jpg
IMG_3403.jpg

You can definitely run a wider 29'er tire on the BH frame... I measured the clearance and I would be comfortable running a 2.5"- 2.6" front and rear.

***** Photo 1= Front Fork with stock 27.5 x 2.8" Schwalbe tire ***** Photo 2= Rear suspension pivot with stock 27.5 x 2.8" Schwalbe tire

View attachment 45736 View attachment 45737

Great, there is ample clearance, I think this one can take 29x2.6 without a problem.

I searched for a long time before I found the perfect solution... the SKS ShockBlade front and SKS Rowdy rear. ;)

View attachment 45480 View attachment 45479

I'm confused - did you order both of the products linked in your post? The Rowdy appears to be both a front and rear mudguard, but you mentioned that you used the shockblade for the front?

I believe that BH pulled out of North America. I am not sure what will happen to our warranties. I am sure though that a major retailer like Lenny's would take good care of their customers. I would still jump on this deal.

I reached out to BH Bikes Europe and received this response:

Dear William,

I apologize for not getting an answer. I inform you that our US office continues operating normally.

I have passed your request to our office there, and they should get in contact with you shortly. In case you do not receive an answer within the next 3-4 days, please contact me directly and we will give you the necessary support from our HQ in Spain.

Best regards,

Irati Mtz.Agirrezabala

Export Manager BH Bikes

If anyone missed out on the $777 deal from Bicycle Blue Book, they're ba-ack...

To clarify these are new in box (0 miles) but only come with 30 day warranty from Bicycle Blue Book.

Anyone know how the sizing runs on BH Rebel HTs? From what I can gather their Medium is a 20" frame and Large is a 22" frame per Court's review of the Cross Lite.

Most MTB sizing charts I've seen indicate a 20" frame is for riders 5'10" - 6'1". That would imply Medium for me (I'm 6'0"). However the UK BH website (US website does not have a size chart) indicates Medium is appropriate for 5'5" to 5'10".

Anyone know how the sizing runs on BH Rebel HTs? From what I can gather their Medium is a 20" frame and Large is a 22" frame per Court's review of the Cross Lite.

Most MTB sizing charts I've seen indicate a 20" frame is for riders 5'10" - 6'1". That would imply Medium for me (I'm 6'0"). However the UK BH website (US website does not have a size chart) indicates Medium is appropriate for 5'5" to 5'10".
At 6' I think you're better off with a L size Rebel HT - the Cross is sized for road use. The L Rebel PW Lite is a 20" frame, M is 18" according to its (Link Removed - No Longer Exists).

Back