Our seats aren't sprung!

sed6

This big rubber bumpers on our seats led me to believe there's some sort of cushioning provided by them. Wrong, they are for show only! Those rubber "bumpers" surround a solid plastic core which provides zero movement. I took mine out which lowered the seat over an inch. Plus now it doesn't look like a girls seat...

20200721_094522.jpg

20200721_121530.jpg

They don't provide any cushion? crazy. Seat does look nice lowered. Is that a light on the back you added?

They don't provide any cushion? crazy. Seat does look nice lowered. Is that a light on the back you added?

I double checked their advertising and it says comfort seat, nothing more, so joke's on us!

Thanks! I love the low seat and that light is awesome! Here's how I did it.

20200723_130841.jpg

LOL

You do know thats actually the springs/shock dampener in the seats right...?

The old style were springs and these are actually the new improved style, you can find the very same shock dampeners in many other seats.

LOL

You do know thats actually the springs/shock dampener in the seats right...?

The old style were springs and these are actually the new improved style, you can find the very same shock dampeners in many other seats.

Eh, no they are not. Look at my pics, read what I wrote. Test out your own, or don't.

This big rubber bumpers on our seats led me to believe there's some sort of cushioning provided by them. Wrong, they are for show only!

Those rubber "bumpers" surround a solid plastic core which provides zero movement. I took mine out which lowered the seat over an inch. Plus now it doesn't look like a girls seat...

View attachment 59671

View attachment 59672

Well done... it still looks like a girl's saddle. ;)

We have “springs”/shock dampeners on our seats but OP assumed they were cosmetic or that lectric lied to us... and took them off while maintaining that they are fake even while other seats have the same shock dampeners.

They are very much real as they are in other bike seats too, and for a reason...

They are working shock dampeners.

Wrong link, but I think I saw the giddyup while shopping on amazon and I got something real similar that’s coming this weekend.

How are you liking the giddyup?

I only used the stock seat for a few rides and it wasnt bad. I think the stock seat with the Suncoast suspenion post would be fine. I just hung on to the Giddy Up because of the light on the back...

I also tried the big soft seat everyone recommends and I was not a huge fan

So are our Lectric seat shocks real or cosmetic?

Fake my friend. There is a screw that goes down the center of those bumpers. That screw rigidity affixes the two bumper sleeves together. It all becomes one very rigid unit. I posted pics, they counted with...other Chinese manufacturer advertising?

Whatever guys. Doesn't everyone replace the seat anyway?

I only used the stock seat for a few rides and it wasnt bad. I think the stock seat with the Suncoast suspenion post would be fine. I just hung on to the Giddy Up because of the light on the back...

I also tried the big soft seat everyone recommends and I was not a huge fan

Hmm yeah the stock seat is ok but after 10 miles or so it starts to cause pain. I was checking out the suncoast but it’s a bit pricey for me, I saw an alternative to the suncoast, it was basically a spring suspension seat post

Back