Ordered a new Domane HP today

drodg

So after going back and forth with the Creo SL and some consideration of the Domane LT I went ahead and ordered a Domane HP. I ordered it in Purple Flip so probably will not see it for some time but I am in the Midwest so that is not a really big deal. I could get a grey one now but figured I really like the purple so that is what I am going with. I am doing the basic bike as I don't want to spend 9000 US on a new bike. Anyhow thanks to everyone's input here it has been a great help.

So question if anyone has just got there's. How long once you ordered did it take to get it? I am hoping the end of April (USA) am I dreaming?

So after going back and forth with the Creo SL and some consideration of the Domane LT I went ahead and ordered a Domane HP. I ordered it in Purple Flip so probably will not see it for some time but I am in the Midwest so that is not a really big deal. I could get a grey one now but figured I really like the purple so that is what I am going with. I am doing the basic bike as I don't want to spend 9000 US on a new bike. Anyhow thanks to everyone's input here it has been a great help.
Congratulations on your new Domane HP... post a few photos when it arrives!

So question if anyone has just got there's. How long once you ordered did it take to get it? I am hoping the end of April (USA) am I dreaming?
First off congratulations on your new ebike purchase.
Trek is a great brand with top notch service.

I don’t think you’re dreaming about an end of April delivery.

Trek is a huge private company flush with cash that’s very well managed and the major manufacturers like trek are getting their components much sooner than the smaller or fly by night companies.

Trek also has sufficient components stored in warehouses across Asia, Europe, NA. Most major manufacturers always did even pre-pandemic. Their wait period is due to selling all their stock as soon as it’s in not because they canceled manufacturing orders last spring. They have less of a backlog compared to others. The wait period until April is for the frame which is made in Taiwan and the shipping container.

An April delivery seems about right. Maybe even end of March.

Last edited:
First off congratulations on your new ebike purchase.
Trek is a great brand with top notch service.

I don’t think you’re dreaming about an end of April delivery.

Trek is a huge private company flush with cash that’s very well managed and the major manufacturers like trek are getting their components much sooner than the smaller or fly by night companies.

Trek also has sufficient components stored in warehouses across Asia, Europe, NA. Most major manufacturers always did even pre-pandemic. Their wait period is due to selling all their stock as soon as it’s in not because they canceled manufacturing orders last spring. They have less of a backlog compared to others. The wait period until April is for the frame which is made in Taiwan and the shipping container.

An April delivery seems about right. Maybe even end of March.
Thanks for that. My dealer said he thought for sure April. That is a great explanation and quite honestly I will still be doing the rollers in my basement through March and I can start mountain biking in February - March also if it isn't too wet. I am excited about getting it.

I am out 120 days or so right now. Of course it is 13 degree F today so not making me too anxious yet.

I also yesterday upgraded the wheels to the carbon wheels that come on the HP 7. I thought for $700.00 they would be cheaper now then down the road.
Not only cheaper now but who knows how long or when those carbon wheels would be available again. Surely not anytime soon based on today’s supply chain.

Not only cheaper now but who knows how long or when those carbon wheels would be available again. Surely not anytime soon based on today’s supply chain.
I know. The interesting thing is when I upgraded the wheels the time to completion moved up 12 days.

My HP+7 production took 8 weeks and shipped in early October 2020. Purple flip is gorgeous. Immediate mods were new cassette (14-21,24,27,30), 32mm tires, fenders, saddle and rear flasher. I over tightened fastener to kiox/light unit breaking the blender collar yoke and had to re-engineer attachment. Now at 1,746 miles and loving it. What a beast, first chain made it to about 1,500 miles before out of spec.

Attachments

• Trek.jpg
    Trek.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 413
My HP+7 production took 8 weeks and shipped in early October 2020. Purple flip is gorgeous. Immediate mods were new cassette (14-21,24,27,30), 32mm tires, fenders, saddle and rear flasher. I over tightened fastener to kiox/light unit breaking the blender collar yoke and had to re-engineer attachment. Now at 1,746 miles and loving it. What a beast, first chain made it to about 1,500 miles before out of spec.
Beautiful color!

Trek.jpg

Last edited:
So I think I can live with the standard grey and it is available. My dealer just let me know this am my ordered purple bike is now showing July 1st. So I am going to get the grey and upgrade the wheels to the Bontrager Carbon Wheels on the HP7. The bike will be here by next week and the wheels by March 8th. I would like the bike by April so I think I am going to just pass on the purple color.

So I think I can live with the standard grey and it is available. My dealer just let me know this am my ordered purple bike is now showing July 1st. So I am going to get the grey and upgrade the wheels to the Bontrager Carbon Wheels on the HP7. The bike will be here by next week and the wheels by March 8th. I would like the bike by April so I think I am going to just pass on the purple color.
Get it!

You had your heart on purple but you can’t go wrong with neutral Grey. Very lucky to get such an ebike so quickly during pandemic.

Less than 3 month turn around since you ordered it too. Barely 2 months actually.

Back