2023 (2024?) Turbo Creo Rumor Thread

The 100% health figure tells you if the battery is on the expected decline curve. BLEvo is interesting and you need to understand what the actual battery numbers mean or don't mean. It's kind of like when your doctor tells you that you are healthy for your age.
Allan: The user is not interested in if the battery is ageing normally. The user is interested in the actual charge stored in the battery after so and so many charge cycles. The truth is...

1683823648185.png

The battery that originally was 320 Wh is 302 Wh after just 91 recharge cycles. (I ignore the Battery Health given by BLEvo but the maximum battery charge is a measured value here).

Convince me Allan the Battery Health in Mission Control is not a label but an actual data field.

Ah cool - I was thinking that was suspect - guessing from my own range-o-meter I'd say its about 92%. Aging gracefully, but not 100%.
So interesting - downloaded Blevo and the battery shows 91% (about what I guessed). The bike is a US spec class 3 (45 kph cutoff).

If I save a config in Blevo, will that mess that up? I see where I can change that and the wheel circumference in the app. Is that functional?

If I save a config in Blevo, will that mess that up?
It will not. BLEvo cannot affect parameters other than the assistance level settings. Don't worry about Class 3: my big Vado is 45 km/h and BLEvo has never upset my e-bike.
I see where I can change that and the wheel circumference in the app. Is that functional?
It will take no effect on the e-bike. The wheel circumference only corrects the e-bike data in BLEvo. For instance, the wheel circumference is hard-coded in the firmware of my Vado 6.0 as 2300 mm (it cannot be changed even by the dealer) but the actual figure is 2255 mm. BLEvo reports the correct distance ridden in its own odometer, that's it.

Last edited:
It will not. BLEvo cannot affect parameters other than the assistance level settings. Don't worry about Class 3: my big Vado is 45 km/h and BLEvo has never upset my e-bike.

It will take no effect on the e-bike. The wheel circumference only corrects the e-bike data in BLEvo. For instance, the wheel circumference is hard-coded in the firmware of my Vado 6.0 as 2300 mm (it cannot be changed even by the dealer) but the actual figure is 2255 mm. BLEvo reports the correct distance ridden in its own odometer, that's it.
Good info, thank you.

The 100% health figure tells you if the battery is on the expected decline curve. BLEvo is interesting and you need to understand what the actual battery numbers mean or don't mean. It's kind of like when your doctor tells you that you are healthy for your age.
Thanks for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

"Oh, you're not dead for your age!!!"

I have a 2022 Creo SL Expert with the SL 1.1 motor. Specialized Rider Care has confirmed that the SL 1.2 motor will not fit my bike. They did say that the 1.2 is significantly less noisy. I have 3,600+ miles on my bike, and it has a much louder whine under load in ECO mode than when it was new. Fortunatly, 75%-95% of my rides are with the motor off.

Does anyone have any information on the 2024 Creo’s? Specialized will not release any information at this time.

I have a 2022 Creo SL Expert with the SL 1.1 motor. Specialized Rider Care has confirmed that the SL 1.2 motor will not fit my bike. They did say that the 1.2 is significantly less noisy. I have 3,600+ miles on my bike, and it has a much louder whine under load in ECO mode than when it was new. Fortunatly, 75%-95% of my rides are with the motor off.

Does anyone have any information on the 2024 Creo’s? Specialized will not release any information at this time.
Specialized has a habit of saying things will not fit when in fact they do. For example the Mastermind TCU will not work with the older motor........wrong, the FutureShock 2.0 will not fit in place of a 1.0.....wrong... I am sure some enterprising person will try and fit a 1.2 motor into the old Creo. If it does....where do get a SL1.2 from........?? lol

Nothing out there yet - I was thinking of going Trek Domane+ for the same reason, but have decided to wait and trade my emtb instead for a Levo SL.

Oddly my Creo has gotten quieter as it ages, however you do need to make sure that the pinch bolt on the spider stays torqued, as well as the motor mounts, crank bolts and chain rings. Eco is very quiet on mine when all that is perfect. Check all those, it might soften the whine a bit.

Nothing out there yet - I was thinking of going Trek Domane+ for the same reason, but have decided to wait and trade my emtb instead for a Levo SL.

Oddly my Creo has gotten quieter as it ages, however you do need to make sure that the pinch bolt on the spider stays torqued, as well as the motor mounts, crank bolts and chain rings. Eco is very quiet on mine when all that is perfect. Check all those, it might soften the whine a bit.
Thanks for the suggestion! I will check all bolts and re-torque as necessary. I have a significant investment in major upgrades on my Creo SL Expert. I really like the bike, but the whine is annoying. I may be interested in selling it and purchasing a Trek Domane+ SLR 9 if I cant quiet it down a bit.

Last edited:
Back