Orbea Vibe (User Club)

Its anyone know difference between new vibe and orbea urban gain f40
Like any predecessor, the Gain F40 has been upgraded and redesigned through its successor Vibe. With the Gain F40 the motor is not a "plus", the rear derailleur is not a 10 speed Deore, there are no built-in lights, . . . , but without a doubt it is a very high quality e-bike.

Its anyone know difference between new vibe and orbea urban gain f40
The Vibe is the replacement for the Gain F25 which I believe is no longer made. The F25 has an 8 speed Claris rear derailleur and 2 speed on the front.

I tried the F25 before buying the Vibe. The two bikes weighed almost the same and the ride was similar. I chose the Vibe partly because it felt a bit more lively and it had a slightly lower bottom gear (10 speed - no front derailler).

Both bikes are light enough to be ridden without the motor on. The finish on the Vibe is great, with a good range of colours, and all cables tucked away into the frame.

The F25 and F40 (which has a slightly lower spec) are both now heavily discounted, so may be a good alternative if you can find one.

to be completely precise, since 2021, the Vibe series is the successor to the F series of Gain, which was produced until the end of 2020.

Hi all,
Does anyone have a suggestion for non-Orbea mudguards (fenders) for Vibe?
@Stu14 - can you please share the details of the SKS mudguards you have installed?
Cheers

Hi all,
@Stu14 - can you please share the details of the SKS mudguards you have installed?
Cheers
As @ Stu14 has not yet responded, I looked around a bit (because I don’t use fenders).

As far as I could see, the Curana mudguards were originally installed. The first image shows the fender data I found in the Orbea Bluepaper for Vibe (the entire Bluepaper can be found on the Orbea web). But other manufacturers also have interesting solutions. It may be best to inquire at the nearest service center based on the information provided in the attached Bluepaper.

Attachments

• Vibe Mudguards.png
    Vibe Mudguards.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 412
Hi all,
Cheers
The dealer from whom I bought my bike, also fitted the mudguards and the rack. I cannot be 100% certain (I will go back and ask him sometime) but I think these are the guards I have fitted.
If these are the right ones (and they should fit) there is a useful video here of how to fit them. Note these are definitely plastic, so the aluminium ones that Orbea fit might last longer, but the SKS ones do the trick and look fine. I believe SKS also make aluminium guards too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ngg
HI there, just received my Orbea Vibe, on Red Weather Alert day in the UK!! It wont stop me doing a quick run around the block though!

First three of many questions I am sure:
1) Is it possible to have the lights flashing? I think this is better for 'being seen'
2) My rear light is on while the bike is charging. Normal? Can it be turned off?
3) I'd like to try the autoassist, wherby the assistance changes based on your heart rate. I can get a hr strap to link to the App, but is it possible to get a watch or Fitbit type device linked? I havent been able, despite the watch running Bluetooth 5

HI there, just received my Orbea Vibe, on Red Weather Alert day in the UK!! It wont stop me doing a quick run around the block though!

1) Is it possible to have the lights flashing? I think this is better for 'being seen'
2) My rear light is on while the bike is charging. Normal? Can it be turned off?
3) I'd like to try the autoassist, wherby the assistance changes based on your heart rate. I can get a hr strap to link to the App, but is it possible to get a watch or Fitbit type device linked? I havent been able, despite the watch running Bluetooth 5
1. Lights flashing is not allowed by law in Europe and the UK. Lights flashing is reserved for emergency services. Lights flashing can also be dangerous as it prevents a good estimate of distance for other road users.
2. To turn the lights on and off (front and rear) see picture below.
3. I have no idea. I wasn't interested.

Attachments

• lights_on_off.jpg
    lights_on_off.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
1. Lights flashing is not allowed by law in Europe and the UK. Lights flashing is reserved for emergency services. Lights flashing can also be dangerous as it prevents a good estimate of distance for other road users.
2. To turn the lights on and off (front and rear) see picture below.
3. I have no idea. I wasn't interested.
Thanks for your answers.

1) there are loads and loads of bike lights sold that flash.....are they really all illegal

2) tried that, doesnt work

Thanks for your answers.

1) there are loads and loads of bike lights sold that flash.....are they really all illegal

2) tried that, doesnt work
1. Yes, it is really illegal (EDITED) in EU.
2. Press and hold a little longer until the lights go out.

Last edited:

1. Yes, it is really illegal.
1. Yes, it is really illegal.
in the uk you are required to have a steady front and rear light when riding at night. There have been quite a few changes in regs but in the latest flashing rear lights are also allowed.
see
personally, I use an additional flashing rear light in daylight traffic.

1. Yes, it is really illegal (EDITED) in EU.
Hi

thanks, I do that and the rear light comes on/goes off, but not the front. The bike was shipped to me and I think as I straightened the handlebar the light became disconnected.

Thank you for all the answers to me previous questions. Next one is about range:

I have fully charged the bike and set the motormap to ECO. The Mahle app is showing 100% charge and a range of only 19 miles (30km), a lot less than the 30-80miles quoted. Is this down to the app being useless or does it look like I have a problem. What does your bike show as a range on a full charge.

Once the storm goes I'll do a relatively flat 12 miles and see what is left, but wondered what others' 'baseline' range is.

I apologize for the inaccurate information for the UK. In fact, I did not expect you to exclude that part of European legislation from use in the UK. But if you like it that way, good luck.

However, I do not recommend the use of flashing lights, for several reasons:
1. flashing lights confuse other road users because they may think it is an emergency light
2. flashing lights make it very difficult to estimate the distance of such a light at night, which impairs the safety of the cyclist
3. flashing lights can cause epileptic seizures in oncoming drivers
4. flashing lights do not illuminate the path of the bicycle
5. during the day there are unnecessary flashing lights because the biggest and most visible object is the cyclist himself

Sorry ones again.

I apologize for the inaccurate information for the UK. In fact, I did not expect you to exclude that part of European legislation from use in the UK. But if you like it that way, good luck.

However, I do not recommend the use of flashing lights, for several reasons:
1. flashing lights confuse other road users because they may think it is an emergency light
2. flashing lights make it very difficult to estimate the distance of such a light at night, which impairs the safety of the cyclist
3. flashing lights can cause epileptic seizures in oncoming drivers
4. flashing lights do not illuminate the path of the bicycle
5. during the day there are unnecessary flashing lights because the biggest and most visible object is the cyclist himself

Sorry ones again.

No need to apologise, at least you took the time to answer my questions.

I'd neve use only a flshing light at night, just daytime running, but we can agree to disagree. Thanks again for your time

Reactions: ngg
Hi

thanks, I do that and the rear light comes on/goes off, but not the front. The bike was shipped to me and I think as I straightened the handlebar the light became disconnected.
probably
Thank you for all the answers to me previous questions. Next one is about range:

I have fully charged the bike and set the motormap to ECO. The Mahle app is showing 100% charge and a range of only 19 miles (30km), a lot less than the 30-80miles quoted. Is this down to the app being useless or does it look like I have a problem. What does your bike show as a range on a full charge.

Once the storm goes I'll do a relatively flat 12 miles and see what is left, but wondered what others' 'baseline' range is.
this information is initially ignored, as it is calculated from previous motor use (in the factory or service ). Regardless of that information, you should now be able to cycle over 50 miles on a road without uphills.
Already after the second or third charge, a much greater distance will be calculated. For me, it goes over 160 km (100 miles). Of course, I don't use all of that, because when my battery power drops below 30%, I put it on charge, so that it can reach me for the next tour.

probably

this information is initially ignored, as it is calculated from previous motor use (in the factory or service ). Regardless of that information, you should now be able to cycle over 50 miles on a road without uphills.
Already after the second or third charge, a much greater distance will be calculated. For me, it goes over 160 km (100 miles). Of course, I don't use all of that, because when my battery power drops below 30%, I put it on charge, so that it can reach me for the next tour.
Brilliant that really helps and relieves me.

I did get out for 2 or 3km yesterday, I mean, I had a new toy to play with, and I deliberatly cycled up a steep hill (10%, 30m ascent) into 30-50mph winds on full assist cos I wanted to see how easy to was. I know thats not a 'fair' test of the battery, each climb cost me 8-9% of battery!!! So if it is mapping range on usage (which is a great way to do it) then 19 miles makes sense. I'll do my test tomorrow and see what I get

Hi guys. I have had my ORBEA VIBE for almost 1 year. I love the bike but I have two problems:

1. The front integrated light does not work anymore
2. The hardest gear does not work anymore

Did you experience similar issues? Can you please help me?

Hi guys. I have had my ORBEA VIBE for almost 1 year. I love the bike but I have two problems:

1. The front integrated light does not work anymore
2. The hardest gear does not work anymore

Did you experience similar issues? Can you please help me?
These are not your real problems. Your real problem is something third, since the questions asked are not for the forum but for the authorized service. Your bike is under warranty!

BTW, what were you doing with that bike? How did you torture him? I don't think you followed the instructions for use.

Back