Orbea Vibe (User Club)

Vibe in an appropriate environment. It suits him really well.

Hello everyone. I hope you are well and happy with your bike.
Is it one of the original color ? when i bought mine i had no choice at all, i could only order the black unequiped H30 and i was even lucky to get it.

It seems that you changed the saddle and the handle/grip i like them, so could you provide us with areference.

Thanks in advance.

Is it one of the original color ? when i bought mine i had no choice at all, i could only order the black unequiped H30 and i was even lucky to get it.

It seems that you changed the saddle and the handle/grip i like them, so could you provide us with areference.

Thanks in advance.

yes, it is the original red-metallic color. and yes, I changed the saddle and grips.

The new saddle is BROOKS B17 Standard "Classic" and the grips are ERGON GP1 BioKork.

The saddle is more comfortable, easier to get on and off. The grips are slightly more ergonomic and more comfortable due to the natural material. Overall, visually more impressive.

Attachments

• 20220821_095835.jpg
    20220821_095835.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 202
Hi people

New member here.

I got a vibe H10 a few months ago, and I'm happy to say it has ticked all the boxes I wanted. I went for green with the white/beige seat and grips. It looks sweet and is a really enjoyable ride. The motor is enough to make it an easy commute even when not in the mood at 6.30am with laptop and bike lock. For me, it's the fastest way to commute into a city.

I've not changed much from the stock H10, just pedals, cut the bars down from the ridiculous length they were, and changed the tyres to tubeless Vittoria Terreno (also tan wall cos I have a soft spot for that look). I have some SKS Speedrocker mudguards which take 5 mins to put on and less to remove.

Only issue I have is that the front integrated light is off centre, which due to a locator pin, it can't be adjusted. It's a clear faulty part. Orbea are being a pain with my dealer but I'm sure it will get sorted.

Orbea don't seem particularly responsive on direct enquiries either, so I'm hoping I don't have any serious issues.

Other than that it's happy days.

Reactions: ngg
Yes it is a nice commuting bike, and i too cut the handlbars down to 60cm. I kept the orginal bars intact and just used a cheap carbon bar from amazon.

Anyway i m selling it since i much prefer my synapse néo 2, it is a matter of taste but i m mostly a road cyclist so i prefer a racing bike.

Buying the synapse was a revelation and i totally stopped using my road bike, since i prefer the synapse even with the assistance off. The reason is mostly the gravel like nature of the synapse. So i m too selling the race/raod bike and getting a muscular gravel bike.

If i had space i would probably keep the orbea for short distance, local shopping and so on.

Hi, recently purchased Vibe H30 - very pleased with quality and finish. I originally ordered a Ribble but frequent delivery date slips led me to cancel after 5 months and counting :(. I got this one from stock within 4 days - standard Red in Medium frame. I know you should try for size first but could not find one a reasonable distance away. My wife has an Islabike with the X35 sytem which has impressed us. We are long time cyclists have done London to Brighton 3 times (not on electric bikes!) but getting on in years now. My first electric bike was a conversion which was really heavy and a struggle to get onto the car rack. This one is so light for the price.
First ride was just 12 miles on Forest tracks and afterwards had problems with back and wrist pains (recurrence of old sking injuries). The riding position threw lots of weight on my wrists. I looked at fitting another stem to raise the bars and move them backwards but due to the integrated cables this looked problematical. I have now fitted riser 'Trekking' bars that are also swept back some. and a little narrower. The ride has been transformed without overly spoiling the looks or costing a lot. I know I may have warranty problems in the future but will take that risk and if necessary refit the old bars in the event of a claim. I did while doing this discover the little rubber covered switch by the front light that switches it off - no mention in handbook and hard to see at a glance. Small tip was to put a small spot of white paint on the charger plug and socket arrows to help location when charging battery. Also fitted a Klickfix to handlebars and bought separate back plate so I can use my existing bar bag without it flopping forwards.
Looking forward to a good long ride in the Forest soon:)

Hello to you too. When I was looking for ebike I couldn't find a cheaper and better one. Somehow the ratio of quality (durability, performance, weight) and price was the best for me. The wheels are Gravel ready. The forks support tires up to 45 mm wide (ride comfort). The front fork is carbon (absorbs vibrations). . . The whole bike weighs about 15 kg (easy to bring in / take out).

40 miles a day is no problem to ride with Vibe. I can now ride more than 80 miles a day (128 km) on a single battery charge (of course using electricity when I need motor help, uphill or to achieve higher speeds on a no-climb road).

In my first 2000km (1250 miles) with Vibe I didn’t have a single problem. Just cleaning the bike and lubricating the chain. Unbelievable, but on the tires it is hardly noticeable that they have been used for 2000 km. The tires roll very well (especially once they start to roll), and without slipping. I will soon need to change the brake pad on the front wheel (due to the hilly terrain). I’m sure on a road without downhills a brake pad can last at least twice as long.

The Vibe is worth the money, no doubt. But you can also buy cheaper bikes, but of course less durable, lower performance and certainly much heavier. That's why I want to welcome you to the club.
This is super helpful. The bike shop where I thought I’d order a Trek ebike, has the Vibe H30 in stock. hmmm !

Hi, recently purchased Vibe H30 - very pleased with quality and finish. I originally ordered a Ribble but frequent delivery date slips led me to cancel after 5 months and counting :(. I got this one from stock within 4 days - standard Red in Medium frame. I know you should try for size first but could not find one a reasonable distance away. My wife has an Islabike with the X35 sytem which has impressed us. We are long time cyclists have done London to Brighton 3 times (not on electric bikes!) but getting on in years now. My first electric bike was a conversion which was really heavy and a struggle to get onto the car rack. This one is so light for the price.
First ride was just 12 miles on Forest tracks and afterwards had problems with back and wrist pains (recurrence of old sking injuries). The riding position threw lots of weight on my wrists. I looked at fitting another stem to raise the bars and move them backwards but due to the integrated cables this looked problematical. I have now fitted riser 'Trekking' bars that are also swept back some. and a little narrower. The ride has been transformed without overly spoiling the looks or costing a lot. I know I may have warranty problems in the future but will take that risk and if necessary refit the old bars in the event of a claim. I did while doing this discover the little rubber covered switch by the front light that switches it off - no mention in handbook and hard to see at a glance. Small tip was to put a small spot of white paint on the charger plug and socket arrows to help location when charging battery. Also fitted a Klickfix to handlebars and bought separate back plate so I can use my existing bar bag without it flopping forw
I’d love to see a photo !

Hi all .... question for EQ version owner out there .....

A nuisance issue which one of might be able to help ...

My back mudguard is off centre and is rubbing off the tire slighty. (I an guessing that the garage door banged off when it was closed).
If I push the mudguard back it sorts the issue ... but after riding again .... it slips back to rubbing again.

Does anybody know the proper way to adjust it to fix the issue?

The photo below (you can see) shows the mudguard too close to the tire

Otherwise I am Loving the bike I must say!

Thanks in advance!
Keith.

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 119
Do you have a picture that shows the arm attachment to the frame to see if there is adjustment available there?
If not, you may need to remove the fender and check if one arm needs to be bent back to be symmetric with the other

Do you have a picture that shows the arm attachment to the frame to see if there is adjustment available there?
If not, you may need to remove the fender and check if one arm needs to be bent back to be symmetric with the other
Thanks for the reply ...

There are 3 places where it's attached the frame ... this is the one that probably needs adjustment ....
I have tried but it's finicky .. and there is nothing in the manual on how exactly to adjust

(No luck on google/youtube either)

The arms don't look bent in any way ... trying not to bend either in case I make it worse

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 121
If they do allow adjustment, you would unscrew on one side and screw on the other.
But I am not sure what is there is adjustable.
If you look at the arm on both sides from the back, you should be able to see if the arms are bent in a specific way.
If so you may be able to only unscrew the side mounts to let the side arms loose, then based on their position, bend them back until they are symmetrical, then re attach.

If they do allow adjustment, you would unscrew on one side and screw on the other.
But I am not sure what is there is adjustable.
If you look at the arm on both sides from the back, you should be able to see if the arms are bent in a specific way.
If so you may be able to only unscrew the side mounts to let the side arms loose, then based on their position, bend them back until they are symmetrical, then re atta

Took a look - they are adjustable alright.
Took a closer look .... It's not just off centre at the back ... it starts going off-centre under the carrier (which on the EQ is attached to the mudguard).

It's only a few weeks old - will bring to to the local Orbea dealer tomorrow.

This would mean the bolt under the carrier is on a wider slit that allows some lateral adjustment. If so, loosening the bolt would allow to slide it back to its middle position.

This would mean the bolt under the carrier is on a wider slit that allows some lateral adjustment. If so, loosening the bolt would allow to slide it back to its middle position.
Carrier looks welded to the mudguard.
It’s looks even where it is connected to the frame but goes off-centre after that

Carrier looks welded to the mudguard.
It’s looks even where it is connected to the frame but goes off-centre after that
All sorted now.
Scrambler you were right ... the attachment nearer the saddle post was adjustable.

Issue was caused by using a single pannier bag on 1 side. Advice was to alternate which side I put the pannier bag on.

Anyone else out there having problems with the Vibe? I was a very contented Vibe rider until last autumn when on several occasions despite a charged battery the bike refused to provide any power from battery to motor. The main haed and tail lights came on but a flashing light on the indicator seemed to suggest a fault. I had it reset by a sympathetic bike shop here in Bristol (Mud Dock) but we have no Orbea dealer in the city since last summer. It happened again yesterday with a blue flashing indicator light appearing after I switched on. But on my return trip all seemed to work well. What's going on? And where is my nearest dealer? Stroud? It doesn't help to be red/green colour-blind but I know when it's working or not. Any thoughts?

Anyone else out there having problems with the Vibe? I was a very contented Vibe rider until last autumn when on several occasions despite a charged battery the bike refused to provide any power from battery to motor. The main haed and tail lights came on but a flashing light on the indicator seemed to suggest a fault. I had it reset by a sympathetic bike shop here in Bristol (Mud Dock) but we have no Orbea dealer in the city since last summer. It happened again yesterday with a blue flashing indicator light appearing after I switched on. But on my return trip all seemed to work well. What's going on? And where is my nearest dealer? Stroud? It doesn't help to be red/green colour-blind but I know when it's working or not. Any thoughts?

Blue flashing light just indicates that it is connecting to bluetooth.
Are there any faults logged in the "MySmartBike" app? ..... Does the walk-assist work? If it does it could be the PAS (pedal assist sensor) - or the cable from that to the motor

Blue flashing light just indicates that it is connecting to bluetooth.
Are there any faults logged in the "MySmartBike" app? ..... Does the walk-assist work? If it does it could be the PAS (pedal assist sensor) - or the cable from that to the motor
Thanks for the suggestions. Don't think my bike has the walk assist but will get the sensor and cable checked. The fact that it has been intermittent would appear to suggest one of those. As someone who has the app now but is not of the smart phone generation I might see if it can show a particular fault code and then go from there. On each of the two occasions I took it into a shop that sells bikes that use the same battery system they did a softwar reset and then it worked...but I don't feel I have confidence in it now

Back