Orbea Vibe (User Club)

Hi guys. I have had my ORBEA VIBE for almost 1 year. I love the bike but I have two problems:

1. The front integrated light does not work anymore
2. The hardest gear does not work anymore

Did you experience similar issues? Can you please help me?
1) not does mine, and I've had the bike for 3 days. In think it is probably a loose connection, gonna get it checked out under warranty

2) I assume that means you can't change into that gear. You tube how do set gear change limits. Or your chain or cables have stretched. Perfectly normal, any bike shop can fix.

Brilliant that really helps and relieves me.

I did get out for 2 or 3km yesterday, I mean, I had a new toy to play with, and I deliberatly cycled up a steep hill (10%, 30m ascent) into 30-50mph winds on full assist cos I wanted to see how easy to was. I know thats not a 'fair' test of the battery, each climb cost me 8-9% of battery!!! So if it is mapping range on usage (which is a great way to do it) then 19 miles makes sense. I'll do my test tomorrow and see what I get
According to my last battery charge, as of last night, the expected range is almost 200 km or 125 miles. I deleted the serial numbers of the engines and batteries, so that no one would come up with the idea to hack me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220221-223537_My SmartBike.jpg
    Screenshot_20220221-223537_My SmartBike.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 205
Well, the member @mschwett does his demanding Specialized Creo rides with the assistance OFF... Makes me wonder why fit people need e-bikes in the first place :)

Reactions: ngg
Well, the member @mschwett does his demanding Specialized Creo rides with the assistance OFF... Makes me wonder why fit people need e-bikes in the first place :)
. . . for a simple reason, because I could not master my Dalmatian hills without motor assistance. And for everything else, I use my muscles as much as I can.

This does not mean that sometimes on a flat road I will not start the motor if I am in a hurry to reach my destination.

Last edited:
Also depends why you have an ebike in the first place. I am a 60 year old keen cyclist who does 4000km a year in the hilly chilterns. My new ebike isnt to replace any of those km, but to replace my low mileage car journeyss. And I want to turn up not out of breath or sweaty. So once I am past my discovery phase, I will be ridng everywhere on max power!

By the way I have cycled in the Dalmations, lovely cycling

Also depends why you have an ebike in the first place. I am a 60 year old keen cyclist who does 4000km a year in the hilly chilterns. My new ebike isnt to replace any of those km, but to replace my low mileage car journeyss. And I want to turn up not out of breath or sweaty. So once I am past my discovery phase, I will be ridng everywhere on max power!

By the way I have cycled in the Dalmations, lovely cycling
... look, you have better and cheaper solutions for that, like a motor scooter, e.g.

And don’t forget that any engine isn’t made for constant use at full power, so neither is this bike motor.

... look, you have better and cheaper solutions for that, like a motor scooter, e.g.

And don’t forget that any engine isn’t made for constant use at full power, so neither is this bike motor.
Got the bike so cost is no longer a factor, and in any case I am a cyclist, I like bikes.

eScooters are illegal in the UK.

And as for the motor, while it would be on assist 3 the motor wouldnt be working at 100% all the time either. Also by definition my journeys are short, sub 6km each way

Hi all, new member here. I have a Black Orbea Vibe and I want to share which Mudguards I chose and how I fit them.

I chose the stylish looking Curana Apollo 28" 55mm Fender set
  • Item number: 720751
available from Hollandbikeshop.com
I recommend you also get the additional bag of bolts and nuts and washers from them. Item number (720756 )
You will also need a
Mudguard Bridge vibe 21 Ref. X109 available direct from Orbea.
To fit the front Fender you will need to remove the unneeded attached braket by drilling out the rivet. Use the hole to fix the Fender to the underside of the wheel arch using an appropriate length bolt from the kit. Follow the fender instructions for fitting the stability rods.
Regarding fitting the rear Fender. Remove the rear wheel. Slide the Bridge onto the mudguard do not attach it to the frame yet. The Fender has a supplied plastic fixing plate for the bottom end of the Fender, again this is not needed on this Bike. Use the existing hole in the Fender to bolt it to the bottom fixing point. I used a large and a smaller washer to make up the space between the Fender and the bolt head. Follow the instructions to attach the stability rods. You can now afix the Bridge.
Hardest part for me was putting the back wheel on.
I hope this helps someone out.
Regards,
Mark...

Attachments

• 20220308_160549.jpg
    20220308_160549.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 542
  • 20220308_160411.jpg
    20220308_160411.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 541
  • 20220306_141137.jpg
    20220306_141137.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 544
Tire effect

I changed the tires a month ago. Instead of the factory-set Kenda Kwick700 (700x45C) I installed the Panaracer Pasela (wire bead 700x38C). The Pasela wire bead weighs 470 grams (folding bead 420 grams) and is much easier to accelerate and overcome uphills than the Kenda Kwick700. According to the BRR, for their rolling at a speed of 29 kmh / 18 mph and a load of 42.5 kg / 94 lbs per tire, it is necessary for the cyclist to engage about 38 watts of power, total for both tires.

A big advantage of Pasela is her suppleness, which makes her very comfortable to drive. Where Kenda bounced off the bumps in the road and slowed down, Pasela passed as if there were no bumps.

According to data from the Mahle app, and after last night’s battery charge, I’m now able to cover almost 290km, as pictured below. Previously, with Kenda tires I could not cover even 200 km with one battery charge, on the same tours. I note that these are tours where it is necessary to master the climbs up to 12%, and the height difference of 200 meters, as in the pictures below.
So, if you ride a bike in a hilly area, I recommend changing the tires. If you drive mostly on plains you can stay on Kenda tires until they wear out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220323-224116_My SmartBike.jpg
    Screenshot_20220323-224116_My SmartBike.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_20220324-093644_My SmartBike.jpg
    Screenshot_20220324-093644_My SmartBike.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 187
  • Screenshot_20220324-093529_My SmartBike.jpg
    Screenshot_20220324-093529_My SmartBike.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 186
My Vibe with its rear carrier.

I got a topeak standard model for bike with disk and 29 or 28 wheels. I had to by an extra piece to attach the carrier on the seat locker.
I have two vaude on-tour bikepacks, only one is attached. It takes 5-20 seconds to install or remove them and they have plenty or zipped secure pockets.
I added a chinese back light that use a gyroscope and works as a fire-break (it gets very bright when i slow down). On the handle bar i have a super cheap wireless decathlon speedometer that use a sensor around the wheel hub, it uses a garmin like attachment which is nice. I have another garmin-like support for my olight Rn 800 (it paid like 59 euro for it but the price has increased a lot, indeed chineses were managing to escape the VAT for a long time but the EU custom got serious about it last year).

The bikestand is from Orbea (19 euros)

Attachments

• IMG_20220601_224827.jpg
    IMG_20220601_224827.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_20220601_224805.jpg
    IMG_20220601_224805.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_20220601_224753.jpg
    IMG_20220601_224753.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 308
Hi all, new member here. I have a Black Orbea Vibe and I want to share which Mudguards I chose and how I fit them.

I chose the stylish looking Curana Apollo 28" 55mm Fender set
  • Item number: 720751
available from Hollandbikeshop.com
I recommend you also get the additional bag of bolts and nuts and washers from them. Item number (720756 )
You will also need a
Mudguard Bridge vibe 21 Ref. X109 available direct from Orbea.
To fit the front Fender you will need to remove the unneeded attached braket by drilling out the rivet. Use the hole to fix the Fender to the underside of the wheel arch using an appropriate length bolt from the kit. Follow the fender instructions for fitting the stability rods.
Regarding fitting the rear Fender. Remove the rear wheel. Slide the Bridge onto the mudguard do not attach it to the frame yet. The Fender has a supplied plastic fixing plate for the bottom end of the Fender, again this is not needed on this Bike. Use the existing hole in the Fender to bolt it to the bottom fixing point. I used a large and a smaller washer to make up the space between the Fender and the bolt head. Follow the instructions to attach the stability rods. You can now afix the Bridge.
Hardest part for me was putting the back wheel on.
I hope this helps someone out.
Regards,
Mark...
Thanks taking note for next winter ;-)

To all Orbea Vibe owners with external light option

Good evening, I have an Orbea Vibe H30 EQ with external light option,
when I press the top button of the Iwoc Trio control, the rear and the external front light turn off, but the integrated headset light never turns off, it is alwais on.
Is this normal behavior? is there anyone who can confirm or deny this?

Please my dealer says it is normal behavior, but don't think so, I think that the cables of the external light and the integrated light are reversed
Look at the Vibe manual pag 69

Thank you

To all Orbea Vibe owners with external light option

Good evening, I have an Orbea Vibe H30 EQ with external light option,
when I press the top button of the Iwoc Trio control, the rear and the external front light turn off, but the integrated headset light never turns off, it is alwais on.
Is this normal behavior? is there anyone who can confirm or deny this?

Please my dealer says it is normal behavior, but don't think so, I think that the cables of the external light and the integrated light are reversed
Look at the Vibe manual pag 69

Thank you
It seems weird, o my Vibe I just have to be seen light (rear and front)., i switch them off pushing the iwoc central shortly then the up button. The external strong light that comes on EQ version should in my opinion turn on and off when the integrated light do. It is weird since the power cable should just be parallel to the one powering the integrated front light.

Hello everybody,
is there any Vibe owner who has the Lezyne E115 third light option?

I would like to understand if his behavior is the same as mine
Many thanks

Vibe in an appropriate environment. It suits him really well.

Hello everyone. I hope you are well and happy with your bike.

Attachments

• 20220821_095938.jpg
    20220821_095938.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 203
@PlanBee, You missed the main question (problem), and it was - when @Andrea-Vibe press the top button of the Iwoc Trio control, the rear and the external front light turn off, but the integrated headset light never turns off, it is alwais on.
If we are talking about the light integrated into the head tube, in the rubber grommet there is a small on off switch. Hold it down it should work.
I didtn realise it was there, not evident inany manuals, and managed to 'destroy' the switch......long story

Back