Orbea Vibe (User Club)

purchased my orbea vibe H30 21 6 months ago just passed the 4,000 k mark no problems with any part of the bike
only cleaned and oiled up the chain every thing working as it should
I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT LEVEL OF QUALITY FROM ANY OF MY OTHER BIKES
i was so impressed with the orbea make and quality i purchased one for the wife lol this time a lovely orbea optima E40 21
got rid of my other bikes a boardman and a scott both non ebikes and same weight as my orbea vibe and the wifes pendleton ebike and raleigh non e bike

so we are both proud orbea converts

Hi,I’m new here and long time looking to take ebike and wanna get orbea vibe h30 eq and anyone know how far can go like wanna go daily to work its like a 40miles a day,so is it worth it money or can any cheaper option thanks 😊
with the vibe you would get 40+ miles really easy also light enough to peddle without e help
i regularly do 50-60 miles with some really nasty uphill bits and still have juice left over
plenty other options out there but you get what you pay for

Hi all.

I am a new contributor to this site but have been reading it for many months.

I bought my Vibe H30 in July, but due to a mishap was unable to ride it for about 8 weeks. Nevertheless, I am really enjoying the bike. I like the fact that I can lift it up steps, that I can ride it like a bike when the power is completely off, and for many of the other reasons already mentioned above.

There are several great bikes around that use the Mahle motor - Specialized, Ribble, for example - but at the time that I bought the Vibe (a) there were very few ebikes available in my size, (b) most were either much heavier or much more expensive (or both) and then (c) most important factor - there is a great independent bike shop where I live that stocks the Orbea range, and who allowed me to try the bike, and then, having chosen the basic model (to stay within my budget) fitted a Madison rear rack and SKS mudguards (fenders). I did without the kickstand, and I already had a portable lightweight Catseye front light that gives me 200 lumens. So overall I saved around £200. The Orbea accessories might be better but they are also heavier.

View attachment 101968

I think the bike looks absolutely great in black - really good quality paintwork, and is great fun to ride. I can’t comment yet on its range, the most I have done is around 40 miles, and I tend to top up regularly. but I have taken it (slowly) on rough chalky tracks on the Sussex downs (hills) near where I live, and having the low crawler gear and the motor just to get that initial lift on a grassy slope is really helpful.
really nice setupmudguard looking to do the same to my vibe

The geometry of the frame suits me because it is suitable for a slightly sharper (faster) ride. The position of the bike rider is comfortable for city riding, and wide tires (45mm) with the recommended low pressure (30-60PSI) absorb bumps on the road very well with a sense of security due to extremely good grip.

I am from continental Europe, from the single market, so I easily found a retailer who had a color that suits me. I don’t know how the import of bicycles to the UK from continental Europe is regulated. I suggest you keep yourself informed. So if it’s duty free, look around and find a dealer who has a Vibe in a color that makes you happy.
What do you thing about Orbea mid h30 EQ same like yours but putting additional components
RANGE EXTENDER Ebikemotion Range Extender 5.8Ax36V = 208Wh (Extra external) and display worth it or not really?

What do you thing about Orbea mid h30 EQ same like yours but putting additional components
RANGE EXTENDER Ebikemotion Range Extender 5.8Ax36V = 208Wh (Extra external) and display worth it or not really?
Maybe you can add yours orbea picture? Where you get yours bike in uk?

only really worth the extra expence if you are going touring or doing very long hilly trips it uses up the power from the extender first then the bike battery keeps the bike battery topped up to max

only really worth the extra expence if you are going touring or doing very long hilly trips it uses up the power from the extender first then the bike battery keeps the bike battery topped up to max
Maybe you can add yours orbea picture? Where you get yours bike in uk?
What do you thing about that lcd screen looks like you can add is well

If you are going to ride a bike over 130 km (80 miles) a day then you can think of a battery extender. Up to a distance of 80 miles (130 km) per day it makes no sense to think about a battery extender.

The display also doesn't make sense since there is a smartphone app for the bike from which it is possible to read all the important data, from speed, mileage, battery utilization, ..., to the current operating temperature of the motor and battery.

BTW one picture from the last bike tour. The place is Skradin located on the river Krka, and taken from the access road. Beautiful view. The bigger problem was getting down than climbing back. :)

Attachments

• Last Tour - Skradin.jpg
    Last Tour - Skradin.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
If you are going to ride a bike over 130 km (80 miles) a day then you can think of a battery extender. Up to a distance of 80 miles (130 km) per day it makes no sense to think about a battery extender.

The display also doesn't make sense since there is a smartphone app for the bike from which it is possible to read all the important data, from speed, mileage, battery utilization, ..., to the current operating temperature of the motor and battery.

BTW one picture from the last bike tour. The place is Skradin located on the river Krka, and taken from the access road. Beautiful. The bigger problem was getting down than climbing back. :)
Make sense orbea just try to make money I think with those additional thinks,because ask about battery in the future but i think its no need extra battery,but its so hard found color red 🤦🏼‍♂️Nice view

Thinking about tires (because one day I will have to replace the existing ones) I was interested in two questions:
1. How do e-bike tires differ from regular bike tires, and
2. When tubeless should not be used?

I came across two great articles. The first one is a conversation with two of the largest manufacturers of bicycle tires, and the second one is about "road tubeless" problems.

In short (for those who do not want to read the full text):
- For e-25 kph bikes, practically all tires that use regular bikes can be used.
- For tubeless, a maximum pressure of 60 PSI (4 bar) is strongly recommended.
- If you ride on the road and need more than 60 psi, use inner tubes. Regardless of the brand of tires to avoid blowing off the rims.

Last edited:
Hi all.

I am a new contributor to this site but have been reading it for many months.

I bought my Vibe H30 in July, but due to a mishap was unable to ride it for about 8 weeks. Nevertheless, I am really enjoying the bike. I like the fact that I can lift it up steps, that I can ride it like a bike when the power is completely off, and for many of the other reasons already mentioned above.

There are several great bikes around that use the Mahle motor - Specialized, Ribble, for example - but at the time that I bought the Vibe (a) there were very few ebikes available in my size, (b) most were either much heavier or much more expensive (or both) and then (c) most important factor - there is a great independent bike shop where I live that stocks the Orbea range, and who allowed me to try the bike, and then, having chosen the basic model (to stay within my budget) fitted a Madison rear rack and SKS mudguards (fenders). I did without the kickstand, and I already had a portable lightweight Catseye front light that gives me 200 lumens. So overall I saved around £200. The Orbea accessories might be better but they are also heavier.

View attachment 101968

I think the bike looks absolutely great in black - really good quality paintwork, and is great fun to ride. I can’t comment yet on its range, the most I have done is around 40 miles, and I tend to top up regularly. but I have taken it (slowly) on rough chalky tracks on the Sussex downs (hills) near where I live, and having the low crawler gear and the motor just to get that initial lift on a grassy slope is really helpful.
Hi there,
I'm based in Aus and waiting for my Vibe Mid H30 to arrive any day. Stock levels are really low here and can't get any original Orbea mudguards+rack.
Thanks for sharing the details and photo of your bike. It looks amazing. Can you please share details of the SKS mudguards installed? Also, I noticed that your rear rack is installed using a different seat post clamp. Are there no eyelets in the seat stay?
Cheers

Reactions: ngg
Did anyone knows what difference between those frame,because you can found easy with standard frame h30 eq but with that angle one its so less in stock? So my question its any change make that frame or not really?

Reactions: ngg
Did anyone knows what difference between those frame,because you can found easy with standard frame h30 eq but with that angle one its so less in stock? So my question its any change make that frame or not really?
The differences between the H30 and the MID H30 are only in the dimensions of the same bike sizes. Eg in L size of the H30 Standover is 842mm, which was unacceptable to me considering my legs length is 820mm (by standard I should have legs 854mm long). The Wheelbase in the L size H30 is also 25mm longer than the MID H30. With both in mind, I can ride an MID H30 in L size, which I couldn't with the H30.

That is the main reason why I bought the MID H30 version of Vibe.

Last edited:
Make sense orbea just try to make money I think with those additional thinks,because ask about battery in the future but i think its no need extra battery,but its so hard found color red 🤦🏼‍♂️Nice view
the battery extender is a Mahle accessory and is available for all bikes that use the ebikemotion rear motor (e.g. Orbea, Ribble). it costs a huge £500 in the UK, so if you are planning very long journeys it is probably worth getting a different bike!

The differences between the H30 and the MID H30 are only in the dimensions of the same bike sizes. Eg in L size of the H30 Standover is 842mm, which was unacceptable to me considering my legs length is 820mm (by standard I should have legs 854mm long). The Wheelbase in the L size H30 is also 25mm longer than the MID H30. With both in mind, I can ride an MID H30 in L size, which I couldn't with the H30.

That is the main reason why I bought the MID H30 version of Vibe.
I know everyone use vibe,but anyone knows about vector and carpe10 model something? A their good?

I know you all a vibe users but anyone know about vector and carpe10 anything how they a?
These are not e-bikes, so it is something completely different and incomparable to Vibe, the younger brother of the famous and acclaimed Gain.

Are they good? They’re probably good because Orbea doesn’t make bad bikes. But these are not e-bikes!

Last edited:
Back