Options for clip-on kickstand?

bikeman242

What are some good suggestions for a kickstand for bikes that are not designed to accommodate one? There are no mounting points/braze-ons anywhere on my bike.

Are there any durable clip-on options out there, or something similar?

I ride a BH Rebel Lynx PWX.

Last edited:
The clip-ons that clamp around a single frame tube are flimsy and may break with a 60 pound bike, You also run the risk of overtightening them so they won't slip and damaging the tube.

If you get one, get the type that clip onto two bars rather than one. At least it won't slip.

1578820625933.png

View attachment 43912

This won't work. Like my BH bike with Split Pivot suspension, the chain and seat stay of the OP's bike move independent of each other.

Like the OP I've been looking for something similar. I know a kickstand on an eMTB or any MTB is blasphemy and a giant foo-pah, but I still wish one could be had that tucks away and wouldn't get in the way and possibly contribute to injury trail riding.

This won't work. Like my BH bike with Split Pivot suspension, the chain and seat stay of the OP's bike move independently of each other.

Like the OP I've been looking for something similar. I know a kickstand on an eMTB or any MTB is blasphemy and a giant foo-pah, but I still wish one could be had that tucks away and wouldn't get in the way and possibly contribute to injury trail riding.

Good point. Let me know if you find a solution as I have the same bike. Perhaps other EBR members have a more stealth idea. ;)

I would really like to find a Motorcycle style double kickstand, but the mid-drive motor prevents mounting on the bottom bracket chain stays.

Last edited:
Good point. Let me know if you find a solution as I have the same bike. Perhaps other EBR members have a more stealth idea. ;)

I would really like to find a Motorcycle style double kickstand, but the mid-drive motor prevents mounting on the bottom bracket chain stay[/URL]

Will do if I find a solution and do me the favor back if you do.

Thought I had the solution with this stand, but pedal arm on my bike is too high off of the ground to work. I cant find again where I read it about the stand, but I remeber reading if center of crank arm to ground is over something like 11.5" it won't work. My bike is 13". They make a newer model that supposedly has a 60kg/132lb capacity, so perfect for heavier bikes.
1578859928422.png

Nope, no ideas for this dilemma! In my travels, I'll just lean the bike against a tree or whatever's handy, with an eye on the wind not knocking it over or not scratching the top tube's paint.

Thought I had the solution with this stand, but pedal arm on my bike is too high off of the ground to work.

And then there's the issue that it's not really a KICKstand - it's more of a "use your hands to position the crank and swing the two arms down"stand.

The Clickstand? A lot of touring cyclists use and swear by these, on loaded touring or MTBs (Great Divide riders) that can weigh quite a bit more than the average ebike. They’re all over the CGOAB touring journals.

I have several of the YCS-01 tall. The adventure is finding them as several sellers have dropped them.

1581880443224.png

I tried googling this and turned up empty handed...?
Yes, me too! California eBike, ebikekit, and one other source had them. They are heavy stands, all steel, but now unobtanium. This is why I wrote, "The adventure is finding them as several sellers have dropped them."
I keep hoping someone has run across them somewhere!

Found it, but derailleurs need the TALL version, not sure what this is. https://www.pistonbikes.com/Bicycle-Adjustable-Center-Kickstand-p/ccasks.htm Pictured is the one I have for derailleur clearance. Still looking. Mind you, theses are quite heavy.

View attachment 45863

The item description says this requires a kickstand mount. I need an option for a bike with no mount.

I really like that Luna one linked above - they said 6 weeks until back in stock.

I really like that Luna one linked above - they said 6 weeks until back in stock.
WOW! You are going to remove and store it whenever not in use. "PEG LEG DETACHABLE KICKSTAND"
Simply pull down on it and it comes off. Since the stand is removeable it can not drop down into a locked position like a traditional kickstand, providing a significant advantage in rider safety.

• Designed for versatility.
  • Compatible with both standard QR and Thru axle, or even a bolt
  • For bikes with 26" and 27.5" wheels
  • Suitable for ebike, singletrack, downhill and other high performance uses
  • Built for heavy duty use
  • Usable with up to 100 lbs bikes
  • Powder coated aluminum with oversized heavy duty rubber foot
  • Held in place with powerful neodymium magnets
  • Easily stores away in any backpack or battery bag
  • Tab rotates into for optimal stand positioning

Don't suppose you asked them how thick it is? I was going to buy this some time back but when I look at my thru axle on the threaded side it extends out past the limit of the split axle by an 1/8" maybe tad more than that. Visually the tab for the Luna stand looks thicker which worries me that the thru axle will no longer extend fully through the split axle.

Similar stand I found on Amazon. Do a search for corki mtb stand. Says it can support 40 kg, or 88 lbs. $21 US

1581968421843.png

Don't suppose you asked them how thick it is? I was going to buy this some time back but when I look at my thru axle on the threaded side it extends out past the limit of the split axle by an 1/8" maybe tad more than that. Visually the tab for the Luna stand looks thicker which worries me that will no longer extend fully through the split axle.

Similar stand I found on Amazon. Do a search for corki mtb stand. Says it can support 40 kg, or 88 lbs. $21 US

Good land! Luna copied someone else again! Corgi looks nice and two sizes. 10" and 14". Stainless steel instead of Luna aluminum. Interesting Corki adds a "portable storage buckle". Also claim they have a patent. But China never worries about that!

I imagine this a good solution for single track bikes.

Ordered the amazon 14" will report back!

Last edited:
Good land! Luna copied someone else again! Corgi looks nice and two sizes. 10" and 14". Stainless steel instead of Luna aluminum. Interesting Corki adds a "portable storage buckle". Also claim they have a patent. But China never worries about that!

I imagine this a good solution for single track bikes.

Ordered the amazon 14" will report back!

Looking forward to your feedback

Back