On The Road Repairs

I carry a length of rope and a pair of these small lightweight ratchet pulley's for emergency repairs.

Ipower Inc_GLROPExx0.jpgxxc283f3.jpeg

There's always a tree or overhang of some sort nearby where I ride so I just throw the rope over a limb or beam and use one or two of the pulleys to lift the bike off the ground. They have a built in ratchet mechanism so you don't have to tie off the pull rope. They lift 150# each, weigh just 11oz and fit easily in a bike bag or pannier. I particularly like that you can lift the bike to any height to do the work while standing or sitting, instead of kneeling on the ground.

They are of limited use in un-forested or wide open areas though.

Ya got one of those that you use for hanging your bike up in the garage. I use it to work on my bike. My bikes. Yeah I can just pull. (The bike up into the air)

Ya got one of those that you use for hanging your bike up in the garage. I use it to work on my bike. My bikes. Yeah I can just pull. (The bike up into the air)
I set up mine near my workbench and rigged up a 2X4 that slides out of the bench and clamps to the frame if I want to steady the bike although I rarely use it. I like that system as I can lift the bike to any height I want for convenience.

Back