Oh, Oh!

Ncgo4

Got on Rad’s website and unfortunately they had the step-through in stock. I accidentally ordered one. That’s my story and SHE said she bought it so here we are. I’ll find out in a week or so if I’m capable of handling “Some assembly required”.

Read the directions, take your time. If you get in trouble holler here. Many of us have been where you're at and made it through successfully!

Congrats on the new bike!

I order a Step-Thru back in May for the wife and it had zero issues and fun to ride. The only issues I've had DYI assembly was:
- front brake cable ran behind the front forks. Had to disconnect and run along the forks
- spokes were very loose
- experimented on removing the rear tire and it was stuck in place pretty good. I hope I don't have to remove to change out a tube anytime soon.
- Took a little bit to adjust the brakes for the right feel and pull. I haven't needed to adjust after month of riding.
- had to adjust the front fork tension because the ebike felt bouncy and unsteady at max speed (too loose). Took +8 360 degree turns and very stable at max speed.
- headlight can start to slowly face down with normal riding. Haven't tried to secure better yet.

My bike arrived today, just as I was getting home from golf. Great timing. Took me about 3 hours to assemble, but only because I watched and rewatched the assembly video as I went step by step. Could have done it in an hour or less, but did not want to rush and screw something up. Got done and went on a short 3 or 4 mile ride and OMG.

But let me begin with first impressions. The bike (Rad City Step-Through) is much heavier than I expected. It's much better made than I feared. It is very quiet. Q to the point Im not sure anyone being passed on one of our many bike paths here in Hilton Head would be aware of the electric assist. It was dusk by the time I started my ride and the headlight just sucks. The taillight doesn't suck its just worthless. However, for this price I assumed i would need to accesorize. The key is that the bike presented me with a terrific base upon which to move forward.

I didn't use the derailleur, so Im not sure how this will effect my riding. but just using PAS 1 & 2 i was doing 15 to 20 MPH and any more than that, while convenient, would be dangerous. At least in the environment in which I am riding.

One thing confused me a bit and that's the battery. As soon as I began to unpack the bike, I removed the battery and began to charge it. The charging unit got really quite hot but the battery pack did not. I unplugged it and reset it in the bike. Showed 100% charged. I did not see any indication of the charge on either the battery or charger, but I will read up on this.

Have to make a few purchases. A mirror. A handlebar extender. A holder for my iPhone. New lights, front and back. Finally, as soon as RAD gets their supplies in I will be buying a complete set of racks and baskets. This is going to be fun.

Yup, sounds like you're wearing that smile that's not going to go away for a while. Congratulations!

It'll take a while to get used to coordinating your PAS levels with what gear you should be in to get the results you're after. If you're like a lot of us, you aren't always going to want to go very fast. I spend most of my time between 8 and 14mph for instance.

When charging, place the charger on a solid surface that will help dissipate the heat such as a tile floor. Surfaces like carpet will actually help the charger retain the heat. If you have one of those wire racks that you place cookies on to help them cool off after pulling them out of the oven, you could put your charger on that to help air get under it and help with cooling. Enjoy your RADCity. I love my RadRover.

Back