NYC PSA E-bike Battery Fires 11/11/22 NBC News

Video from Chris explaining his reasoning.
I haven't watched the video but I think I can guess what his reasoning is. I am sure those building owners do not ban UL certified heaters and hair dryers etc., so where's the risk if the UL certification takes the ebike battery back into the mainstream of consumer appliances? Especially since that ban can have a profound effect on peoples' livelihoods.

I haven't watched the video but I think I can guess what his reasoning is. I am sure those building owners do not ban UL certified heaters and hair dryers etc., so where's the risk if the UL certification takes the ebike battery back into the mainstream of consumer appliances? Especially since that ban can have a profound effect on peoples' livelihoods.
Lithium ion battery fires are the #1 cause of fire-related deaths in NYC. Given that the buildings are likely given guidance by property insurance companies, thus is likely to get complicated. I did not watch the video either but did look for the attorney. A bike accident lawyer, hmm.

Imagine volunteering to sue the property where you live. I'd suggest Nolte step up. After all, his business loses sales.

Disclosure: A while ago Chris Nolte asked me if I was interested in a collaboration. He wanted me to ride over a bridge in my state that bans bikes and get arrested. I guess I have a hard time taking this seriously.

Back