No throttle and no way home today... :(

Welcome to the troll pit ! You are banished POOF !
Too funny. He ignores and then responds. Teenage commie pinko. He Can’t help but take a peek. Nom de plumes provide a hiding place. Just another teenage troll. Oops sorry revolutionary troll....

Last edited:
@DaveMatthews, That last bike I showed is available new at VeloLifeStyle in Vancouver. With a chrome frame. They are not available in the US. Only Montreal and Vancouver. Hey Jes, Kindly hit the Ignore button on me. Thanks.
With any luck... These teenage one bike wonders, zero to 60 in one build and blathering and repeating what they’ve read, not what they’ve done...frustrating. And you’re a bad guy for trying to help or enlighten. EVERYTHING I’ve learned came for reading first, then doing and then asking for help. It wasn’t zero to 60 in two days of trolling ebike forums. There’s a core of long
time posters who don’t always agree but can take the piss and move on.

Last edited:
That
is
cool!
I have had two all chrome bikes. That was before I knew how to totally hide wires. They were D8i's. The Alfine 8 IGH is in the town of Sonoma, where people can drink red wine openly in the public square. The other is a Nexus, 8 it's in NYC with 85Nm. I miss those bikes like a special lover form the past. Ever noticed that people start drinking overly sweet uncomplex wine. Then move onto intricate, subtle, deep, and dry? The same with books and bikes. I used automotive motor paint to make the motor silver. Batteries were large back then.

Attachments

• DSCF7241.JPG
    DSCF7241.JPG
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF7248.JPG
    DSCF7248.JPG
    919.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF7251.JPG
    DSCF7251.JPG
    654.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF7300.JPG
    DSCF7300.JPG
    629.3 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF7301.JPG
    DSCF7301.JPG
    915.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF7312.jpg
    DSCF7312.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF7317.jpg
    DSCF7317.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF7321.jpg
    DSCF7321.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 99
I used automotive motor paint to make the motor silver.
I once saw a BBSHD that someone had disassembled, then dipped the motor to strip off the black oxide, followed by some work with a dremel to polish it to a sheen, then clearcoated.

It was spectacular. Bafang could skip the coating, hire some poor peasant to take a rag and some alpha grit to the casing and sell those otherwise stock motors for $1500 easy.
oh wait sorry I'm off topic. You all suck. Don't reply because
im-sorry-i-cant-hear-you-over-the-sound-of-my-awesomeness[1].jpg

Back on track now. Carry on.

I would consider Pedego a big bike brand with quality and a throttle.
I rejected them personally as looking at their products in person I felt they were ridiculously overpriced. Given my experience with cheaper brands I might have to revise that opinion. If their support actually exists, it might be worth the money for people who don't do their own maintenance.

This discussion of throttle vs no throttle is bs. I pedal 99.9% of the time but like to use the throttle to quickly get thru intersections/. The trails I ride frequently cross rural highway with fast moving traffic and no stop light. True they have pedestrian warning signs but most don't slow down.
Exactly that, sometimes you need that extra push. It's also good just in case you forget to downshift before a stop, or don't have TIME to downshift during an emergency stop. Rather than screwing around lifting up the bike and playing with getting it to a gear low enough start comfortably from, you "when in doubt, throttle it out".

It's not something I'd rely on going any distance, but from a dead stop it's really handy in so many cases where leg-power either doesn't get the job done, or inconveniences other people on the roads.

On Winchester street here in Keene, NH we have crosswalks with "stop for pedestrians and bicycles" signs and movement sensing flashing lights. People still just blow through them doing 50mph in a 25.

But then I've had jackasses yell at me "get out of the road" next to signs that say "share the road" and/or "no bicycles on sidewalk". Usually it's the testosterone poisoned types compensating for their lack of functioning genitals with their jacked up oversized pickups with the off-road suspension and mirror finish paint that you KNOW have never taken it across anything harsher in terrain than a speed bump with a couple leaves on it, and likely never hauled anything heavier than their own tuchas.

I rejected them personally as looking at their products in person I felt they were ridiculously overpriced. Given my experience with cheaper brands I might have to revise that opinion. If their support actually exists, it might be worth the money for people who don't do their own maintenance.

Exactly that, sometimes you need that extra push. It's also good just in case you forget to downshift before a stop, or don't have TIME to downshift during an emergency stop. Rather than screwing around lifting up the bike and playing with getting it to a gear low enough start comfortably from, you "when in doubt, throttle it out".

It's not something I'd rely on going any distance, but from a dead stop it's really handy in so many cases where leg-power either doesn't get the job done, or inconveniences other people on the roads.

On Winchester street here in Keene, NH we have crosswalks with "stop for pedestrians and bicycles" signs and movement sensing flashing lights. People still just blow through them doing 50mph in a 25.

But then I've had jackasses yell at me "get out of the road" next to signs that say "share the road" and/or "no bicycles on sidewalk". Usually it's the testosterone poisoned types compensating for their lack of functioning genitals with their jacked up oversized pickups with the off-road suspension and mirror finish paint that you KNOW have never taken it across anything harsher in terrain than a speed bump with a couple leaves on it, and likely never hauled anything heavier than their own tuchas.
HEY!! My new truck resembles that remark! Lol... (My genitals are functioning well and I don't act that way to people)... Although I've seen some vehicles do some real douchebag maneuvers I got to say I've seen bicyclists do just about as many...

Comparing missiles that are 250 lbs total weight @ up to 25 mph versus 4500 lbs and 40 mph maybe?

I do take the point that there's all kinds of stupid in the world. But stupid in an ICBM vs. stupid in a roman candle is a big variance in terms of danger.
Your first analogy there is almost like comparing the ability to learn how to ride a bike and learn how to play a guitar... LOL...
So what you're saying is because someone has a less vulnerable vehicle than the other their less of a douchebag when they drive or ride?..
When I swerve my big small penis truck to avoid some douchebag running a stop sign or swerving through traffic on his bicycle and crash into something who's the douchebag here?...

Your first analogy there is almost like comparing the ability to learn how to ride a bike and learn how to play a guitar... LOL...
So what you're saying is because someone has a less vulnerable vehicle than the other their less of a douchebag when they drive or ride?..
When I swerve my big small penis truck to avoid some douchebag running a stop sign or swerving through traffic on his bicycle and crash into something who's the douchebag here?...
Wtf is with you and fixation on dicks?

The point you missed is there is a big difference in the danger of one group behaving badly vs. another. Nobody cares about a personality assessment.

Wtf is with you and fixation on dicks?

The point you missed is there is a big difference in the danger of one group behaving badly vs. another. Nobody cares about a personality assessment.
You're the one who brought up dicks I was just trying to speak your language... LOL..
My point is you can be a douchebag driving a big shiny truck or a little shiny bike... Both have a responsibility...

My bad it looks like Jason Knight was the one who brought up lack of functioning genitals lol...

Back