No throttle and no way home today... :(

Mcdonalds burgerking. the cheapest sell the best. Plus of course America tends to be lazy.
Proud to admit being lazy and also proud that a throttle on my ebike has bailed me out of at least 2 tight spots while on a ride. Both times stopped on an incline and needed that extra boost to get me started. Throttle has also been nice when needing to navigate in narrow openings at slower speeds with pedestrians present. Just a quick flick of the throttle and I can focus on balance and navigation...

Your first analogy there is almost like comparing the ability to learn how to ride a bike and learn how to play a guitar... LOL...
So what you're saying is because someone has a less vulnerable vehicle than the other their less of a douchebag when they drive or ride?..
When I swerve my big small penis truck to avoid some douchebag running a stop sign or swerving through traffic on his bicycle and crash into something who's the douchebag here?...
It is one thing to be able to “ride” a bike, but that is something altogether different than having good bike handling skills, which like playing a guitar, takes practice and talent.

Simply riding a bike is more like being able to strum a few basic chords. Both can be very simple and basic. Either one takes skill, effort and talent to do well.

It is one thing to be able to “ride” a bike, but that is something altogether different than having good bike handling skills, which like playing a guitar, takes practice and talent.

Simply riding a bike is more like being able to strum a few basic chords. Both can be very simple and basic. Either one takes skill, effort and talent to do well.
My next post is going to be on with the throttle thing...
One thing about a bicycle generally you're up and riding quite quickly...
With the guitar you're lucky to be playing a full song in 2 years...

With any luck... These teenage one bike wonders, zero to 60 in one build and blathering and repeating what they’ve read, not what they’ve done...frustrating. And you’re a bad guy for trying to help or enlighten. EVERYTHING I’ve learned came for reading first, then doing and then asking for help. It wasn’t zero to 60 in two days of trolling ebike forums. There’s a core of long
time posters who don’t always agree but can take the piss and move on.
This coming from a curmudgeon who I had to educate on the difference between Statorade and ATF !
This jackoff thinks because he's slapped a couple of motors on, he is ebike king !
He probably think because he's tied his shoes 500,000 times he is a goddamn shoe tying expert !
Old ppl, who are ignorant, are such a waste of life ! Seriously to be old and stupid? Is there anything more pitiful?

Last edited:
I think that it really comes down to preference, need and the type of riding that a person wants to do. Any argument regarding failure to downshift or getting you home when your bike’s manual drivetrain has failed is a bit foreign to me having ridden road and mountain bikes for many years and having never worried about either issue, (I always carry a multi tool, spare tube, replaceable link, patch kit and pump or CO2). Despite having broken two chains and having many flats over many years, I have never been stranded or failed to get home under my own power.

My feeling, for whatever that is worth, is that if you want to have or need to have a throttle, then you should have a throttle. For me, the mid drive assist Class 1 is a lot of fun and I am glad that I don’t have the temptation to throttle up, but as I get older, there may come a time when I can no longer ride, or don’t want to ride without the benefit of a throttle. Class 1, 2 or 3, it’s up to you which one fits your needs or desire.

This coming from a curmudgeon who I had to educate on the difference between Statorade and ATF !
This jackoff thinks because he's slapped a couple of motors on, he is ebike king !
He probably think because he's tied his shoes 500,000 times he is a goddamn shoe tying expert !
Old ppl, who are ignorant, are such a waste of life ! Seriously to be old and stupid? Is there anything more pitiful?

So what happened to ignore? Too funny.
commie pinko teenager

I think that it really comes down to preference, need and the type of riding that a person wants to do. Any argument regarding failure to downshift or getting you home when your bike’s manual drivetrain has failed is a bit foreign to me having ridden road and mountain bikes for many years and having never worried about either issue, (I always carry a multi tool, spare tube, replaceable link, patch kit and pump or CO2). Despite having broken two chains and having many flats over many years, I have never been stranded or failed to get home under my own power.

My feeling, for whatever that is worth, is that if you want to have or need to have a throttle, then you should have a throttle. For me, the mid drive assist Class 1 is a lot of fun and I am glad that I don’t have the temptation to throttle up, but as I get older, there may come a time when I can no longer ride, or don’t want to ride without the benefit of a throttle. Class 1, 2 or 3, it’s up to you which one fits your needs or desire.
Thank you for an on-topic post.

@vincent Sorry your thread has gotten trashed

Too funny. You’re smarter than Justin Elmore, not!
Maybe Someone will buy you some Statorade for your 13th birthday.
“With just 4-5 mL, you could have almost as much cooling benefit as a full cup of messy ATF, with almost no perceptible increase in the rolling drag of the wheel.“

BTW one cup is 236mL.

Last edited:
@vincent Sorry your thread has gotten trashed
Vincent is one of the most talented and experienced builder/posters here. I’m sure Vincent sees the nutters for what they are. One maybe two bike wonders. Wallowing in thread knowledge with nowhere near the experience.

Vincent is one of the most talented and experienced builder/posters here. I’m sure Vincent sees the nutters for what they are. One maybe two bike wonders. Wallowing in thread knowledge with nowhere near the experience.
Do you realize these comments makes somebody new like myself feel very unwelcome..

Do you realize these comments makes somebody new like myself feel very unwelcome..
How so? I’m simply sharing my experiences with another valued member. We’ve communicated on and off the forum for at least 5 years.

How so? I’m simply sharing my experiences with another valued member. We’ve communicated on and off the forum for at least 5 years.
Isn't that special ?
Too funny. You’re smarter than Justin Elmore, not!
Maybe Someone will buy you some Statorade for your 13th birthday.
“With just 4-5 mL, you could have almost as much cooling benefit as a full cup of messy ATF, with almost no perceptible increase in the rolling drag of the wheel.“

BTW one cup is 236mL.
Oh my...you still haven't learned the difference...I give up , you're unteachable !
Once again, you can't use statorade and ATF interchangeably OR in place of each other..knock knock hello Mcfly. anybody home?

Says the shoe tying genius !

I just repaired 50 donated bikes for charity. It feels so good to feel useful. It was an amazing event in a great location. I was the only dude and only mechanic but had helpers. I also did free tune ups all day.

Back