No throttle and no way home today... :(

I hear Tesla is working on self driving bikes..
(ducks)🤯
I just got this eBike's drivetrain dialed in. Ask @DaveMatthews if bikes are like guitars.
1655515792980.jpeg

I just got this eBike's drivetrain dialed in. Ask @DaveMatthews if bikes are like guitars.
View attachment 126190
Boo yeah!
You don't want to go on stage with filthy/old strings that are out of tune on a guitar with a bad setup.
You don't want to go on a ride with a filthy/stretched chain on a cassette/derailleur that has a bad setup.
Same same.
The audience will notice both faux pas...

Boo yeah!
You don't want to go on stage with filthy/old strings that are out of tune on a guitar with a bad setup.
You don't want to go on a ride with a filthy/stretched chain on a cassette/derailleur that has a bad setup.
Same same.
The audience will notice both faux pas...
Still waiting for someone to explain pedaluma's comparison between pedaling and playing a bass. Can you????
If you support silliness you become silly !
I always bike in front of an audience , wait what?

Still waiting for someone to explain pedaluma's comparison between pedaling and playing a bass. Can you????
If you support silliness you become silly !
I always bike in front of an audience , wait what?
Yes, I fully admit my silliness, and I pedal my a$$ on stage.

Lol. This thread went from throttle to lazy and now playing bass.
Okay let me throw in my 2 cent.
I think what Pedaluma is saying is that when you play a string instrument you would have to actually pluck the string to make a sound and it can be amplified. Thus the pedaling part not peddling as you say Jes. Throttle equipped bike requires no pedaling ( no plucking) if the rider chooses too. It's pure motor power (amplified) output.
Here's pics of my bikes with throttle and one with no throttle.
I like 'em both.
Must be a full moon...all the lunatics out.
Not that it matters but, the talk went from throttle to playing bass (check it) to lazy. Not throttle, lazy, bass.
You obviously have NEVER played a musical insturment if you can see how PEDALING a bike is like playing a bass ! And Btw I did spell it pedal NOT peddling, so you havent said one correct thing in that post !
Try again and think first !

There is a difference from a key board from Target and a real concert piano. The same with a Walfart bike and a bespoke Luthered instrument. The Feel! The action, the sympathetic resonance that touches into souls. And it makes all surrounding tuned instruments sing, ring. The left brain is narrow, dull and sees things as dead stuff. It thinks it knows best. The good bikes are right brained, alive, intuitive, and in tune with something, everything, larger. These are expressive extensions. Exactly like a great electric guitar! You feel joy yet can weep at the intensity of the responsiveness and expression and feeling. Carlos Santana does not play a guitar with visible connectors and wires everywhere. Zip ties? Quality. Qualities. This is how I feel when riding a dialed-in expressive bike.

There is a difference from a key board from Target and a real concert piano. The same with a Walfart bike and a bespoke Luthered instrument. The Feel! The action, the sympathetic resonance that touches into souls. And it makes all surrounding tuned instruments sing, ring. The left brain is narrow, dull and sees things as dead stuff. It thinks it knows best. The good bikes are right brained, alive, intuitive, and in tune with something, everything, larger. These are expressive extensions. Exactly like a great electric guitar! You feel joy yet can weep at the intensity of the responsiveness and expression and feeling. Carlos Santana does not play a guitar with visible connectors and wires everywhere. Zip ties? Quality. Qualities. This is how I feel when riding a dialed-in expressive bike.
Well I can feel your analogy I'd be shocked to find out Carlos Santana couldn't play at dumpster found guitar better than most people on this forum...
Just like a great pool player could probably beat most here on the forum with a crooked tree branch... And an unskilled bike rider wouldn't know the difference between a Kmart special or wait a minute Kmart I think is gone Walmart special and the top of the line bike... It's just a bike..

I think I'm about done with this thread it's departed way too far from where it started...

See... here's a guy that knows!
Dude... Santana got turned on to PRS guitars and became an instant fan in the early 80's. He knows some good schlitz when he sees/plays it.
I'm PRS all the way.
Well tuned, beautifully crafted.
@PedalUma knows...:cool:

Well I can feel your analogy I'd be shocked to find out Carlos Santana couldn't play at dumpster found guitar better than most people on this forum...
Just like a great pool player could probably beat most here on the forum with a crooked tree branch... And an unskilled bike rider wouldn't know the difference between a Kmart special or wait a minute Kmart I think is gone Walmart special and the top of the line bike... It's just a bike..

I think I'm about done with this thread it's departed way too far from where it started...
A breath of fresh air. Amen !

Yeah you go and play that bike of yours. brahahaha so lame.

Back