New Voltbike Yukon 750 spotted

I will politely recommend that while your ebike is still under warranty that you do not drill into the frame; that might void the warranty. However, I've never understood why these bike manufacturers don't make a bigger effort to design a bike with a little common sense--like a water bottle mount or two ;)

I have to agree that this is one of the nicest e-Fat bike I've seen at a very affordable price. Integrated battery with a 750w motor, especially here in Canada. Did you find out if the motor is actually 750w or 500w for the Canadian market?

@Jolly Since Voltbike.ca advertised it as being 750w, I assume that it must be 750w regardless whether it is shipping to the U.S. or Canada. They didn't mention anywhere that it would be a different motor for Canada.

Maybe the controller is programmed to limit the output to 500w for Canadian law, but the actual motor is capable of 750w nominal (peaking around 900W). If that is the case, I don't mind because it is simply "underworking" a 750w motor. On the other hand, if the motor is only rated 500w, then I'd be disappointed.

Last edited:
@Voltbike Can you please comment whether or not your Canadian customers have a true 750w motor? Does the controller limits its power? At full power (say going up a hill; well below 32km/h) my "Power" readout shows around 500-650w. Shouldn't it be hitting the 750w range on full power? Thanks. I'd really appreciate it, if you could clarify this for us.

Last edited:
I will politely recommend that while your ebike is still under warranty that you do not drill into the frame; that might void the warranty. However, I've never understood why these bike manufacturers don't make a bigger effort to design a bike with a little common sense--like a water bottle mount or two ;)
I emailed George at voltbike and he said no problem with warranty. The next shipment of Yukon 750's will have the bottle mount on delivery!

Added a hard plastic bottom plate to shield the wiring, and protection against debris kicked from the front tire:

2eck9c0.jpg

2cfxxeh.jpg

Last edited:
I rode over a small stream around 2 inches deep, 10 feet wide. When I returned home, I noticed my wheels were waterlogged! I can hear the water swooshing inside both front and rear wheels.

At first, I thought the water has entered through the spokes and in-between the tire and tubing. I was anxious thinking I need to remove the tire and tube from the rim to dry them. Then I noticed that the water is actually in-between the double-layer of the punched-out rims (and not inside the tires). I used a powerful mini-blower (16,000 rpm) to blast out the water, and everything is good again.

Here is a picture of the double-layer cut-outs where the water gets trapped. So don't worry, water is not actually inside the tires. It will dry eventually (or you can quickly blast it out) and everything will be fine:

2zxt9q1.jpg

Last edited:
I added two Abus Bordo 5700 foldable locks. They are inexpensive, compact, strong and light (2 lbs each). The best thing is that I can daisy-chain them for extra length for those difficult situations (especially with our bulky fat bikes). Or use them separately for double the protection!

Mine are rated "7" on the Abus Security Level, but they also have higher ratings for a bit more money (same design). No locks are unbreakable, but these are pretty good deterrents, especially if you use them separately, forcing the thief to cut twice:

212adec.jpg

Mounts nicely on the downtube using my own zip-ties. Keeps the weight low and centered :) There is room for a 3rd for extra protection:

2j61smh.jpg

Daisy-chain them for extra length, especially for fat-bikes, or use separately for redundant protection:

35bi4jo.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, thanks for the valuable feedback. We follow this forum and appreciate your input. The next batch of Yukon 750 which is currently in production, will feature shorter stem Promax 90mm, instead of 110mm. It appears that 110mm is too long for most of the riders.

We are also going to add the neoprene protector thanks to the SuperGoop and Court feedback. And the other big win is that we are adding water bottle bosses plus the actual water bottle holder. The price of the bike remains the same.

As Court mentioned in his review, the Yukon 750 has a pretty long reach with it's 110 mm stem. I just switched it out to a much shorter Raceface Respond 60 mm stem. The reach feels much better now:

23ifer8.jpg

@Voltbike How bout a slap guard for the Mariner too? :D and how bout some kind of strap to keep it closed in the folded positions? Can't hurt to ask right? ;) hehehe

Last edited:
@Voltman
Hi guys, thanks for the valuable feedback. We follow this forum and appreciate your input. The next batch of Yukon 750 which is currently in production, will feature shorter stem Promax 90mm, instead of 110mm. It appears that 110mm is too long for most of the riders.

We are also going to add the neoprene protector thanks to the SuperGoop and Court feedback. And the other big win is that we are adding water bottle bosses plus the actual water bottle holder. The price of the bike remains the same.
Thanks for the update. Just some more suggestions:

1) More than just 1 set of bottle holder bosses (if room permits). We use these for more than just bottles (eg. pumps, locks, etc.) Possible locations: (1) Seat Tube (2) Underside of down tube (3) Head Tube left & right (similar to the Radrover).

2) Discontinue the compass/bell combo. The compass never worked because it gets stuck from the sloped handlebar. These types of compass need to be level in order to float freely in the liquid. The compass makes the bell unnecessarily big. Wish: Upgrade to the integrated brake lever bell (like the Radrover), or just a smaller bell without the compass.

3) Personally, I am okay with a *black* suspension fork with the white Yukon. This may save you cost and logistics if you don't have to stock both black and white forks.

4) Rear derailleur guard to protect the hub motor power cable.

5) A bigger battery option: I noticed you are using the new 440mm (~17") "Reention" integrated battery standard ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists)). I hope I'll be able to upgrade my battery from Voltbike directly when my stock battery needs replacement.

Juiced Bikes also uses the same battery and they will have the following *upgradable* batteries:

28k1xxc.png

That's all I can think of for now. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Another quick reveal: Handlebar mirror! Some kind of mirror is a necessity for city riding, IMO.

aa9niq.jpg

Last edited:
@Voltbike How bout a slap guard for the Mariner too? :D and how bout some kind of strap to keep it closed in the folded positions? Can't hurt to ask right? ;) hehehe

Actually we are adding neoprene slap guard protector on Voltbike Mariener too. As somebody mention above the additional price is almost nothing, given the fact we order them in much bigger quantities.

Regarding folding Voltbike Mariner, we got many questions and feedback regarding how to keep this bike folded. So far we have not concluded anything, but one of the suggestion was to add magnet which to keep the bike together when folded. I see some other manufacturers are using this solution, however our bike is quite heavy and this probably won't work. (magnets are not that strong). Using strap is more like DIY thing. Probably some clip/lock attached to the rear/down tube, but so far we don't have anything in mind.

@Voltman
Thanks for the update. Just some more suggestions:

1) More than just 1 set of bottle holder bosses (if room permits). We use these for more than just bottles (eg. pumps, locks, etc.) Possible locations: (1) Seat Tube (2) Underside of down tube (3) Head Tube left & right (similar to the Radrover).

2) Discontinue the compass/bell combo. The compass never worked because it gets stuck from the sloped handlebar. These types of compass need to be level in order to float freely in the liquid. The compass makes the bell unnecessarily big. Wish: Upgrade to the integrated brake lever bell (like the Radrover), or just a smaller bell without the compass.

3) Personally, I am okay with a *black* suspension fork with the white Yukon. This may save you cost and logistics if you don't have to stock both black and white forks.

4) Rear derailleur guard to protect the hub motor power cable.

5) A bigger battery option: I noticed you are using the new 440mm (~17") "Reention" integrated battery standard ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists)). I hope I'll be able to upgrade my battery from Voltbike directly when my stock battery needs replacement.

Juiced Bikes also uses the same battery and they will have the following *upgradable* batteries:

28k1xxc.png

That's all I can think of for now. Hope this helps!

Thanks @SuperGoop , this definitely helps. Your suggestion number 2 start me thinking that we got quite a few responses how the compass does not always work, and that we indeed don't need this combo.
So we will definitely choose different bell for the next assembly. I have customer from New York who installed Knog Bicyle bell on his VoltBike Mariner.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I also like the rear derailleur guard idea. We used to have it before. Thanks again for your input.

I really appreciate that the Yukon 750 uses mostly standard (non-proprietary) components that can be easily replaced or upgraded in the future (especially the battery). This was a big buying decision for me.

Everything from the tires, wheels, deraileurs, cassettes, seat post, stem, fork, handlebars, battery, rear rack, etc. are all common bike components. This makes for easy tuning, maintenance and replacement. I can walk into any local bike shop and buy accessories/upgrades for my Yukon 750.

In contrast, some other ebikes may be very nice (Gocycle for example), but I am not a big fan of their proprietary custom components (especially the battery).

So thank you @Voltbike for offering this option at a competitive price in both US & Canada, but especially for *Canadians*, who really don't have a lot of options. I honestly wish you great success, as you are the best option we have in Canada, IMO.

Last edited:
Voltbike.ca no longer lists the Yukon 750 as "Pre-order/Limited stock". Hopefully, his means it is now in-stock, and shipping immediately for everyone; hopefully with the new enhancements (bottle cages, slap guard, etc.) as well!

@ace20ri Great! Be patient, my bike arrived to my door in 12 days after receiving my tracking #. It was 7 days transit time, but it arrived on a long-weekend, so that added another 3 days. Then on the Tuesday after the long-weekend, it didn't get put onto delivery truck in time, so that added another day. Summary:

Day 0: Tracking # received (paperwork summited)
Day 1: Picked up by Vitran Express
Day 7: Arrived in destination city
Day 8-10: Long-weekend (3 days)
Day 11: Ready for delivery (but driver left early in the morning... missed the pickup time)
Day 12 (am): Delivered at my home early in the morning

Day 12 (pm): Riding my bike!

Last edited:
Back