New Voltbike Yukon 750 spotted

@ace20ri Hope you can post some pictures of your new Yukon 750! (Tip: Take some "stock" pictures early on, because it will soon be loaded with your personal things which makes it less "clean" looking).

Even my first picture was not 100% stock, because I already added my suspension seatpost.

@SuperGoop Thanks for your shipping timeline. So far, here is my timeline:

Day 0: Tracking # received from VoltBike (11-Nov-2016)
Day 1-2: Weekend
Day 3: Picked up by YRC (I live in the US)

Delivery date is 18-Nov-2016 per the tracking. But that's if everything goes well. I will take pics of my bike "stock" and also some un-boxing pics as well.

My 4-Bike hitch rack:

2n74aa9.jpg

Loading the heavy Yukon 750 is made easy by lowering the rack. I hardly need to lift the bike at all. The front wheel is almost touching the ground (see below). I remove the heavy battery and locks ahead of time.

Step 1: Lower the rack; start from the outside:

245x3q9.jpg

Step 2: Work my way towards the vehicle:

k36r68.jpg

Step 3: Finally, push the rack up and lock into place:

282qzm.jpg

I can still open the tailgate with (up to) 4 bikes mounted (max capacity: 160 lbs):

1zmi136.jpg

Stows compactly behind a door or in a closet for storage. The official weight is 42 lbs, but I weighted the main unit here (without the arms) to be only 32.4 lbs. The small size and light weight makes it easy to align into the hitch receiver:

s2wepi.jpg

Bike Stand Mode:

Lower rack and mount bike on outside rail. Works great for bike maintenance. No need to buy (and store) another expensive and bulky bike stand:

jjb95y.jpg

Last edited:
That is a pretty cooll rack, what is the highest weight bike it will hold?
Capacity is 160 lbs total. By design, the capacity is a *total* of 160 lbs (not per bike). Therefore, maximum bike weight is 160 lbs (if you only load one bike)! Maybe even a bit more since the weight will be closer to the vehicle with only one bike (less extension).

It also comes with an integrated cable lock built into the rack AND a hitch lock. Great design and value, IMO.

2bza60.png

I bought mine for CAD$269 (around US$200). Here is some more info:
http://www.softride.com/rack-products/specifications/softride_dura_assist_bike_rack
https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Racks/Softride/SR26321.html

There is a cheaper version without the hydraulics:
http://www.softride.com/rack-products/specifications/softride_dura_hitch_bike_rack

And even a cheaper version with less capacity:
http://www.softride.com/rack-products/specifications/softride_element_hitch_bike_rack

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Looks like I will be part of the Yukon family cone the 23rd. I am very excited to finally try an ebike out! I ordered it the 9th and got a confirmation on the 14th. Tracking number confirms that it's on a truck heading my way. Can anyone tell me if there are any differences with this batch compared to the older ones? Stuff like a slap guard? I also heard that they went with a shorter stem? Can anyone tell me if this is true? Thank you. I am so stoked to get this thing.

@SuperGoop Wow, impressive bike rack. I really like the ability to extend the arm out to ease the pain of lifting the bike onto the rack itself.

So I just received my bike today! Super excited to commute tomorrow to work with it. @Josh88, my bike did not receive the latest updates that included included the slap guard and shorter stem. I will find out tomorrow, but just taking the bike for a spin around the neighborhood I might keep the 110mm factory stem. I ordered my bike on September 23rd (still considered pre-order) and I believe that I received this one from the November 7th inventory. Bike was shipped on November 11th and took 6 days including the weekend for it to arrive at my house in Santa Clara, California.

Here are a few pics of my unboxing today. More stock pics will follow before some I make some potential enhancements.

IMG_2081.jpg
IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2085.jpg
IMG_2086.jpg
IMG_2088.JPG
IMG_2089.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG

That's a bummer about not receiving any of the updates. It's not a deal breaker at all but it's still a bummer. I have very long arms so I know the reach will be fine with me, I just hope that it's not really uncomfortable after a while. We will find out soon I suppose.

@ace20ri Nice looking bike. Your wait is finally over! Black does hide the cables nicely. Don't forget to turn the seat clamp around, otherwise you'd be squeezing the solid front of the seat post instead of the back where the slit is.

@SuperGoop Yes, my wait is finally over. I already swapped the saddle with my Cloud-9 Cruiser saddle but thanks for the reminder. Haven't had a lot of time to start swapping components but I was able to rearrange the handle bar more to my liking. Here are a few pics:

Added my Tygra iPhone case, Miracle Bicycle Mirrors and SRAM Supercork Bar Tape (not a huge fan of the stock rubber grips).
IMG_2104.jpg

I switched the order of the rear brake lever and the throttle to better fit my thumb reach. If anyone decides to do this just note that the depending on the angle of the break lever, there is chance that your thumb may scrape the screw that secures the brake lever when the throttle is fully engaged. Not a huge issue but will take a little trial and error. I also rotated the Shimano trigger shifter as well. Just noticed my husky Kiba taking a snooze in the background :)
IMG_2106.JPG

Left grip with the SRAM Supercork bar tape.
IMG_2105.JPG

I have a derailleur protector, underbody cable protector and slap guard on order. :cool:

Finally had a chance to take a few pics of my experience and upgrades. After 100 miles I was sidelined a day by my friend the screw. The screw decided to hitch a ride on my rear tire and not the front tire for a challenge. Unfortunately I was not fully equipped to perform the type of tire surgery this bike requires on the road so I had to call my better half for pick up. All I can say is removing the tire is a BEAR!!!! The wire bead and 30 TPI design of the Kenda Juggernaut makes this already rigorous task a work out! I'm wondering if I'm a victim of the tolerance monster between the tire and rim. I no longer have my 3 tire levers as they sacrificed themselves to get me back on the road. So I suggest if you haven't already purchased robust tire levers order/pick some up now. The more the merrier! Here are few pics:

IMG_2125.JPG
IMG_2129.jpg

Pro-Bikegear slap guard:
IMG_2124.jpg
IMG_2136.JPG

Rock Bros pedals:
IMG_2109.JPG
IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

Cyrusher Derailleur Guard:
IMG_2135.JPG

Suntour SP12-NCX Seat post:
IMG_2139.JPG

Zefal DT Armor frame guard:
IMG_2140.JPG

Tesla has been keeping me pretty busy on the weekends so one of these weekends I will try and snap a few pics of the bike with some kool scenery of Portola Valley, CA

Overall really happy with the purchase. Still trying to figure out how to get this bad boy to go 28mph assisted by the motor (legal limit in California) without having to destroy my legs in the process. Fortunately I'm a mechanical engineer with plenty of EE coworkers to tap for assistance!:D

Question on the seat post. How do you like it? Was it worth the money at all? Also, if you ever find out how to make it faster, PM me the details

Question on the seat post. How do you like it? Was it worth the money at all? Also, if you ever find out how to make it faster, PM me the details
I really like the Suntour seat post so far. I'm about 215lbs with a bad back and I don't need to stand up and/or slow down going over sewer covers anymore. Definitely worth purchase for my needs.

I will let you know once I figure out the speed improvements. Hopefully we really aren't limited by the windings in the motor.

Decided to find out what controller is used the Yukon 750 today and here are the specs:

Controller for brushless motor
Rated voltage: 48V
Maximum current: 20A
Rated current: 10A
Low voltage protection: 41V
Throttle adjustment voltage: 1.2V-4.4V
Product number: LSW784-45-3M X1609067605
Ex-factory date: 09 2016
CE: G3M20211-1592-16

I was really hoping to find a 30A controller to push the motor a little more with the default power electronics but can't push it past 16A without drastically decreasing the controller life (80% is my rule of thumb). 480W is not enough torque to get my weight going fast enough from stand still for my liking so a little more amperage for me.

Here are a few pics:
IMG_2348.JPG

IMG_2354.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

I chose to disconnect the motor just incase there was not sufficient slack for the motor cable.
IMG_2351.JPG

I also had to cut the cable ties (circled in red).
IMG_2352.jpg
IMG_2353.jpg

@ace20ri Thanks so much! That is really amazing information and very useful pictures. Love to hear as you discover more about your bike. Thanks for sharing!

BTW, everybody, I would really recommend installing the "Derailleur Guard" for a few dollars. I had a fall recently (no damage to the bike) and noticed that my Derailleur Guard was scratched up and bent all the way in almost touching the fragile derailleur. Thankfully, the protector took the brunt of the impact, and protected my derailleur. I have since replaced it with a fresh protector, again for only a few dollars. Well worth the investment!

Back