New Voltbike Yukon 750 spotted

Thanks for the pictures. First time I've seen the Yukon 750 with the new upgrades.

- The box is in really good condition. I think one of the reason is that it ships direct via train (in Canada at least). It doesn't get passed around from trucks to trucks during transit.
- Looks like Voltbike still hasn't replaced the really long 110mm stem with a shorter stem.
- Love the new bottle cage bosses.
- Not a big fan of the new chainstay protector. It looks really thick and "homemade" with 3 zip ties. Almost like those copper pipe insulation we find at Home Depot. I'd prefer the normal neoprene that we see on other bikes.
- Don't forget to turn the seat post clamp 180 degrees so that the opening of the clamp is aligned with the opening slit on the seat post. Otherwise, you'd be squeezing the clamp on the solid part of the seat post.
- Love the derailleur guard. It is extremely useful. I have already bent one during a fall. Without it, my derailleur would most certainly have been damaged.
- I noticed the front fork looks different. It has a big "Topgun" logo. Probably the same fork, but just a different batch.

Last edited:
SuperGoop, thats my cheesy slap guard just as you described lol
I couldn't find one at CT so I made my own so far. The only thing new on the bike from VB is the water bottle cage, as far as I could tell

Oh, sorry, I didn't know they were yours, LOL. I thought the slap guard was from Voltbike. They did mention that they would include slap guards in future batches, but I guess they haven't yet.

You are smart to have something install until you find something nicer. The chain does bounce around a lot on bumpy trails, and will undoubtedly scratch the paint. I just bought a bunch of them from ebay for around $1.00 each:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2pcsX-1-99-N...hash=item4d3a33c4ff:m:mWCar5UqnHgiHmp30orjs2A

From your pictures, another "new" item is the derailleur protector. Very necessary IMO.

The bottle cage bosses is the only critical addition, and very much appreciated. All the other stuff, I can find cheaply and install easily on my own.

I had the 750 out in the fresh snow here in Ontario Canada yesterday, What a blast. Was about 6-8 inches of snow, no plows or salt. The bike had no problem going through deep snow, just don't try and steer with the front wheel!
Learning to use the throttle to get started and the brakes to cut the motor as there is always a delay with the magnet sensors.

I had the 750 out in the fresh snow here in Ontario Canada yesterday, What a blast. Was about 6-8 inches of snow, no plows or salt. The bike had no problem going through deep snow, just don't try and steer with the front wheel!
Learning to use the throttle to get started and the brakes to cut the motor as there is always a delay with the magnet sensors.
Where in Ontario do you ride?

wonder if that means the Mariner (or Yukon 500) has a 350w rated motor with 500 peak!

Actually, BB used to sell the Mariner... their cached page states: 8Fun 500W Rated (850w Peak) Electric Brushless DC Motor.... go figure!

There is the wattage the motors are designed to operate at, versus the peak. I looked into it while researching. Because the bike is designed to function at 500w and only higher under peak load, like my Rook, the bike can be ridden without being considered a moped or motorcycle.

A bike rated at 750w would probably peak at 1000w, a 250w at 350 and so on. The rated wattage is designed operating wattage (nominal) but motors will use variable wattage depending on how they are used.

@america94, my Yukon 750 has shown 800W, 850W and even 900W on occasions. I assumed they were glitches, because most of the time it shows around 500-650w IF I let the motor do all the work. However, my riding style is mostly pedal assist, so my wattage is very low in the 100-200W range. I do most of the work, with a bit of motor assists. I enjoy riding, and I like to go long distances. Most of my rides are 40-60kms return trip, and I have plenty of battery remaining.

New to the forum. Just took my 750 limited out of the box. Very impressed with the bike and nice to see that most of the minor tweaks requested on this forum have been incorporated into the bike. Larger pedals, bottle cage, derailleur guard, chain stay protector (voltbike branded), and a good bell without the compass. Now to take it out in the snow...
IMG_1784.JPG

I agree Amanda. So the question remains: is the Yukon 750 really equipped with a true 750w motor? first of all, that is not legal in Canada I believe and second of all, SuperGood stated: "...going up a hill; well below 32km/h) my "Power" readout shows around 500-650w.". From my understanding, a true 750w motor would show peak value going up hill, lets say 950w like all true 750w motors I have seen online. I don't think his readout ever showed 750w even once (and Voltbike never pronounced themselves to that effect when asked the question).
oh, thanks for the clarifications :)

When you raise the amps to 20, you will have over 900 watts! Default is set at 15 amps, that is why you have max 650 watts. It is a 500w motor as listed on BEST BUY. Join the Voltbike Yukon Owners group on Facebook for more info.

IMG_1787.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG
Here is the new bell type and the Blaze-Lite. Took it on a quick 20km ride over a mix of loose and packed snow as well as some ice trails and pavement. Great fun with the psi under 10, spent the whole ride laughing at how nice the handling was. Pumped up the tires for the road route home and definitely noticed the difference in handling in the ice covered sections.

I just noticed that Voltbike.ca updated the description of the Yukon 750 to say that it is a 750W motor, but for Canadians, it is "limited" to 500W to comply with Canadian regulations.

34eq78o.png

Good catch! Well I guess the frequent questioning to that effect bared some fruit! Am I then missing something to think there is no reason then to pay extra for a 750w motor for canadians? or can you easily "unlock" the motor to gain access to the full 750w?

I didn't hunk Canadians were forbidden from having 750w, just using said vehicle without a license and off of legal roads?

Good catch! Well I guess the frequent questioning to that effect bared some fruit! Am I then missing something to think there is no reason then to pay extra for a 750w motor for canadians? or can you easily "unlock" the motor to gain access to the full 750w?
ry

I am very close to buying this bike myself and have sent an email to volt bike asking if it would be possible to raise the limit to 750 when visiting the US. I have not vet heard back from them but will let you know if i find out.

Back