New Stromer ST3 with Pinion C1.9 and Gates carbon belt

Petropoliskhan

Region
Europe
City
Brussels
Well here it is! The soon to be announced new Stromer ST3 with pinion C1.9 and gates carbon belt, with optional ABS, Wren suspension fork, and Kinekt suspension seatpost.
Stromer ST3 PINION Belt.jpg

Stromer ST3 Belt.jpg
Nieuwe Stromer ST3.jpg

About 9100$ without options.
820W 44 Nm
Launch edition red, after that regular black & white
This is going to be fun!

Last edited:
Will there be any announcement of service upgrades or parts availability? Any additionitional push of Stromer in North Ameica or increase of support personal based in NA?

Well here it is! The soon to be announced new Stromer ST3 with pinion C1.9 and gates carbon belt, with optional ABS, Wren suspension fork, and Kinekt suspension seatpost.
View attachment 97308
View attachment 97309View attachment 97310
About 9100$ without options.
820W 44 Nm
Launch edition red, after that regular black & white
This is going to be fun!

Finally. We have been asking for a pinion hub setup for a long time, with this setup it can finally be called maintenance free plus it will have a huge range. Since the belt is only carrying human input it should last a very long time.

I wish they had this model earlier.

Check my last posting regarding the naxicap handover.
The last thing you wrote in that thread:
But there was no single word about the US market.

So, TBD?

I do like where this new ST3 is going with its Pinion & Gates combo. How reliable is the motor (or associated electronics)? I had a coworker who had to return his Stromer citing the lemon law.

Am I correct that the Pinion drive has a wider spread / wider range than the Stromer 1 X 11
gearing??
Is Pinion XR a proven unit on reliability?

Am I correct that the Pinion drive has a wider spread / wider range than the Stromer 1 X 11
gearing??
Is Pinion XR a proven unit on reliability?

Yes it has. At %568 it has significantly more range than any 11 or 12 cassette that I know of. It also has wider range than rohloff.

Previous pinions are known to be very reliable and this is probably no exception.

Yes it has. At %568 it has significantly more range than any 11 or 12 cassette that I know of.

Previous pinions are known to be very reliable and this is probably no exception.

It seems, the final settings ain't yet made. I hope, the maximum deconvolution (Entfaltung) will be around 10m.

In fact, the gearbox looks very reliable (not plastic cog wheels!)

Gearbox.jpg

Any idea when this will be available for US customers???

I am currently looking at a ST5 LTD and might hold off if this was available soon.

Hopefully, this will be a super-cruiser like the ST2-S and ST5….super smooth and quiet at 45 km per hour, and quick acceleration.

I know nothing about Pinion (yet). Is it a cable activated gearbox? Or electronic? As fast and easy shifting as awesome Di2???

Needs a real rack instead of that toy one, but definitely like the ideas in this bike.
X2. I love Stromer bikes but their rack system is a total piece of crap……balance beam with no support except the fender….. fender which is anchored by a plastic bolt wtf

Hit a sharp bump with 5 pounds on your rack and it can be trouble.
Rack Needs another solid anchor point!!!!

X2. I love Stromer bikes but their rack system is a total piece of crap……balance beam with no support except the fender….. fender which is anchored by a plastic bolt wtf

Hit a sharp bump with 5 pounds on your rack and it can be trouble.
Rack Needs another solid anchor point!!!!
I understand this very well - my dealer said, when he pass the grocery store on his way home and the beer is on sale, he can't buy the large pack...

A few inforced or replaced the Racktime on their own; the most which carry real payload have mounted the trailer plate.

Pinion C1.9XR.jpg

In next two weeks i will get a prototyp to test. So i can bring some imperessions to you. It´s the same concept like mtb-cycletech do with pinion and the german "neodrives" from Alber.
You may have seen, meanwhile I've published the overall gearing of the ST3 Pinion.

With this in mind, I'm curious about your impression of the 8th and 9th gear (and of course how you managed shifting on uphill).

You may have seen, meanwhile I've published the overall gearing of the ST3 Pinion.

With this in mind, I'm curious about your impression of the 8th and 9th gear (and of course how you managed shifting on uphill).
+1

Please let us know how those very tall gears feel on the hills.

Last edited:
Back