NEW SONDORS LX

If you take a look at post #20 it gives s a clue about how much of a beast the LX really is. But I think that she's still a sexy beast.

A Ferrari is sexy, a Dodge Ram not really ! but it's like colours, it's a question of tastes.
I don't want to be rude with Ebiker93035, I won't comment #20.

It's not me in the picture. I had a Carbon LX on order but after riding the the LX and Fold XS I, at 70+ years old, was more comfortable on the Fold.
LS in SF

Attachments

• Sondors21LS05.JPG
    Sondors21LS05.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 348
and they still sell the LX for a 31" lower seat height bike.
I had to cancel mine because of this and they wouldn't admit they screwed up either. They fed me the most bogus excuse "well we added a suspension seat post"

I pointed out to them that the suspension seat post was confirmed by their owner on video back in September 2020 as being standard on the bike. Then had to point out that even without the suspension post it still comes in at 35" which is still several inches higher than their dimensions page clearly states as the minimum seat height.

Never heard back from them. Weight be damned. 65lbs. 89lbs. Whatever. That is less of an issue than a bike that is clearly so physically large most people won't actually fit on it. That's the bigger transgression in my eyes. The bike I ended up buying is close to 100lbs and it doesn't bother me one bit. Why? Because my feet can touch the ground when I come to a stop.

I had to cancel mine because of this and they wouldn't admit they screwed up either. They fed me the most bogus excuse "well we added a suspension seat post"

I pointed out to them that the suspension seat post was confirmed by their owner on video back in September 2020 as being standard on the bike. Then had to point out that even without the suspension post it still comes in at 35" which is still several inches higher than their dimensions page clearly states as the minimum seat height.

Never heard back from them. Weight be damned. 65lbs. 89lbs. Whatever. That is less of an issue than a bike that is clearly so physically large most people won't actually fit on it. That's the bigger transgression in my eyes. The bike I ended up buying is close to 100lbs and it doesn't bother me one bit. Why? Because my feet can touch the ground when I come to a stop.
Don't fret Void-I have followed this board and Sonders for close to a year and I can say without hesitation-they are weak. Overpromise and underdeliver kings...

Fake it till you make it is tired and that is my perception of their business model...

Don't fret Void-I have followed this board and Sonders for close to a year and I can say without hesitation-they are weak. Overpromise and underdeliver kings...

Fake it till you make it is tired and that is my perception of their business model...
Rockstar Delivery Process. Fully assembled and tuned. Note the matching gift basket! My three-speed with coaster brake will out climb it, out handle it and out last it at about 1/3 the weight. The Rockstar is a slug and a dud.

Attachments

• Rockstar2107.JPG
    Rockstar2107.JPG
    303.8 KB · Views: 323
  • Rockstar2109.JPG
    Rockstar2109.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 312
Rockstar Delivery Process. Fully assembled and tuned. Note the matching gift basket! My three-speed with coaster brake will out climb it, out handle it and out last it at about 1/3 the weight. The Rockstar is a slug and a dud.
Sorry to hear that Petaluma, but all the hype, the crappy videos, the stalling-earmarks of a garbage outfit...

There are other people out there riding
The Rockstar for the first time and they are leaving positive impressions, from what I can gather you put one together and couldn't wait to pick it apart.

Sorry to hear that Petaluma, but all the hype, the crappy videos, the stalling-earmarks of a garbage outfit...

And yet they will sell everyone they can make........

Can your 3 speed do 35 mph?
The Rockstar with a throttle is lawful with the power limited to 20 Mph. Without a throttle attached the top speed is 28. The town bike has a much stronger chain. The town bike does not look electric so it under promises, and also does 28 but with better handling. It can have a rack and a tool bag making it practical. On our group ride today with the climb up Sonoma Mountain the Rockstar had to be walked up a steep section. My bike and a Vado 4.00 were fine, no need to walk. At the end of the ride the Rockstar had 1/3rd remaining. My bike's battery was down by 1/2. I took my Specialized with 350W up the mountain today with a 36V 10.5Ah battery and not the town bike. The Rockstar is not going to sneak up on anyone. It is loud.

Attachments

• Rockstar2102.JPG
    Rockstar2102.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 271
  • UnionJack06.JPG
    UnionJack06.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF7512.JPG
    DSCF7512.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 283
It seems like you have nothing better to do than to make an occasional appearance say a few disparaging words
and then dissappear like a yeti or maybe a tan colored troll.

I'm just glad I didn't order one and more power to you for being an advocate. And you are right, I got nothin better to do...

To be honest, I've said a couple of things about another brand in the general forums, and then I thought about it and realized that was probably not a good choice.

I know that I'm going to be happy with a Rockstar, it's far from perfect but I believe that improvements will be figured
out through this forum and other places.
I have got some serious plans for taking it out and riding it.

Back