NEW SONDORS LX

Here is a picture of the LX with rack and fenders, STORM is holding it so they have them now.
SODORS LX FEN.png

A review has been done by EBR (posted in Rockstar thread, not sure why):

Seat height from Sondors : 31 to 36.8
Saddle height from EBR review: 37.5 to 42.5
o_O Am I missing something ? inseam height vs ground height ?

That 37.5" ground to seat top height looks pretty spot on for the standard gel seat and suspension post. I put my wife's seat on with a straight non-suspension post and it was 36", so no way that she could ever ride it. The spec picture that Sondors sent me shows minimum seat height of 33.2", which is not the case. With all that said, at 6'4", it fits me perfectly with my Kinekt post set at 12cm. It's a big bike for big riders.

What they really should do is make a smaller frame version with 24" x 4" tires for riders down to 5'3" tall, because it's an awesome bike.

That 37.5" ground to seat top height looks pretty spot on for the standard gel seat and suspension post. I put my wife's seat on with a straight non-suspension post and it was 36", so no way that she could ever ride it. The spec picture that Sondors sent me shows minimum seat height of 33.2", which is not the case. With all that said, at 6'4", it fits me perfectly with my Kinekt post set at 12cm. It's a big bike for big riders.

What they really should do is make a smaller frame version with 24" x 4" tires for riders down to 5'3" tall, because it's an awesome bike.
They almost did with the new Madmods they are 24" wheels, here is Storm on one, I think he is on the shorter size so it's going to work for the average sized person
MadMods.png

Outch ! It's gonna be a game changer for a lot of small to medium size buyers who already ordered the LX.

Outch ! It's gonna be a game changer for a lot of small to medium size buyers who already ordered the LX.
What's most disappointing, is that Sondors has had the prototypes, in hand, for months, and failed to update the frame geometry. And the weight... 24 lbs heavier than the listed (projected) weight. I would say that the LX is for riders 5'8" on up. At 5'10", I'm too high over the pedals to use my Kinekt suspension post.

A review has been done by EBR (posted in Rockstar thread, not sure why):
Thanks for sharing this here, I had been chatting with folks about all three bikes in the Rockstar thread which is why I shared it there :)
I think that a lot of the specs from SONDORS are estimates or based on early prototypes. Things change by the time the bike is production ready... and SONDORS has a reputation for making changes to their models after launch without ever announcing the changes. Usually it's minor stuff, swapping out one component with a different model of equal performance, that kind of thing.

Either way, I'm the one who measured the saddle height for the review, I stand by it!

Just received my LX on Thursday......
I took off the wheels and installed tannus armour inserts then attempted to weigh the wheels on a home scale est weight 10lbs front 12lbs rear
then I weighed the battery 12 lbs
then i turned the frame (with handlebar and seat but without the battery or wheels) upside down and balanced the bike (seat) on the scale est 38 lbs
This totals approx 72 lbs ( I must be way off but the bike doesn't feel like it weighs 89 lbs)
I was considering cancelling the order when they changed the listed weight from 65 to the new est of 89 lbs
Also the tire measured 4.25" wide when inflated (rather than 4.9" wide)
Has anyone else weighed their LX?

Just received my LX on Thursday......
I took off the wheels and installed tannus armour inserts then attempted to weigh the wheels on a home scale est weight 10lbs front 12lbs rear
then I weighed the battery 12 lbs
then i turned the frame (with handlebar and seat but without the battery or wheels) upside down and balanced the bike (seat) on the scale est 38 lbs
This totals approx 72 lbs ( I must be way off but the bike doesn't feel like it weighs 89 lbs)
I was considering cancelling the order when they changed the listed weight from 65 to the new est of 89 lbs
Also the tire measured 4.25" wide when inflated (rather than 4.9" wide)
Has anyone else weighed their LX?
Hey Kirk, I think I responded to you in the review comments section too :)

We weighed it at the shop using a proper bicycle scale, just a hair over 89 pounds. That weight felt right to me, the only heavier ebike I've ridden was the Juiced HyperScorpion which was way up at 105 with the tall seat accessory.

Actual tire measurements tend to vary quite a lot from their official specs. I'm not sure why that is... but apparently it's just a given thing. I remember years ago getting a 1.25" tube for my old road bike and finding that it wouldn't fit because I actually needed a 1 1/4" tube, and apparently those didn't mean the same thing!

I think the additional weight isn't going to be as big a problem as some people think it will be. After all it does have wheels on it and you will be able to move it around easily, you won't be feeling it when riding it. There are plenty of other brands out that have about the same weight to them.

Back