NEW SONDORS LX

Ours came this week too. Really nice build as far as I can tell. Anyone have an idea what rear cargo rack and fenders would fit?

This a pic of the rack, fenders (metal) and bag that a Sondors rep sent to me. $300 for the whole set and they are selling it only as a package and not separately.

Attachments

• inline832226372.jpeg
    inline832226372.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 276
Oh cool, I'll contact them and ask about an ETA. Anyone want the bag for whatever price sounds fair? 😄
I have a set on order. The last I heard was late November shipping. But with the port delays, I expect (much) longer.

Ok, so..... I got a chance to ride the LX at eBikes USA in Denver today. Mark called me to setup a test ride since I was on a waiting list. It was a short ride but here are my few takeaways:

First and foremost this thing looks like a Stormtrooper (in white). It's a beast of a bike. The tires are huge. It rode very nicely, although I wish that it had 11 speeds rather than 7 and didn't much care for the grip shifter (personal preference). Shifting was a bit clunky but it probably needs a few miles on it to smooth things out.

The bars could be wider (one comment I read in reviews that I agree with). There is just a slight delay with the torque sensor but it's way better than my Aventon Aventure. Fork felt nice and solid, brakes were smooth, although could have a bit more feel, but I assume they will work better once bedded. It FEELS heavy. It is a very big bike and it feels like it. I pedaled it for a bit with zero pedal assist and if a person had to do that any distance it would be torturous! I like it a lot, just not sure if I like it more than my Aventure (feel is similar).

THEN I rode the Rockstar.........WOWZA!!!

Sorry, not meant to derail the thread but the Rockstar IS a Rockstar! I took off with pedal assist set at zero and it almost felt like a regular mountain bike. You "could" pedal this a while without smoking your legs. It is, in a word (two words actually) a TORQUE MONSTER! It actually felt quite light, even though it isn't that much lighter than the LX. Throttle was VERY responsive, shifting was smooth, suspension felt great and brakes were spot on. In the lowest gear I swear that, with just a light tug on the bars, you could wheelie it with throttle only and I'm a tad over 2 hundo so not a small guy. I wish I could have done a hillclimb on it but alas there were no hills close enough. Now I have a very tough decision to make. I like the LX but I LOVE the Rockstar. I came back with a smile that was ear-to-ear. The LX would be a better cruiser but the Rockstar feels almost like a very light motocross bike that you pedal. Tough choice.....

I pedaled it for a bit with zero pedal assist and if a person had to do that any distance it would be torturous!

One thing about big fat tires is that they provide a lot of air cushion at the expense of rolling resistance. If you bump up the air pressure closer to the 20 PSI max, you might find that it's easier to pedal without using the motor, but you give up having as cushy of ride. I'm experimenting with mine to see how firm I want them.

One thing about big fat tires is that they provide a lot of air cushion at the expense of rolling resistance. If you bump up the air pressure closer to the 20 PSI max, you might find that it's easier to pedal without using the motor, but you give up having as cushy of ride. I'm experimenting with mine to see how firm I want them.
Agreed and I don't know where the shop had them set today. I rode my Aventure at 15-20 psi on my first ride and it rolled nicely on hard surfaces but when off-road I prefer 5-6 psi. Honestly, the tires on the Aventure are stiff enough on mine that I just leave them at 6 psi now but I may start carrying a pocket compressor so I can easily adjust to different conditions.

That's exactly what I was thinking of. Thanks!
If you are so inclined, you can take advantage of that big battery and never worry about the pump running out. I've had these for awhile and now that I am detouring into deep beach sand I'm really appreciating the ability to air down my Snowshoe XLs and then air them right back up again a few miles down the beach when I'm back on pavement.

When I started doing this it was an 'emergency' pump. Nowadays its more like a part of the daily ride.

Back