NEW SONDORS LX

Here's the video I found the red LX in:
LX is the first bike in the video so you won't have long to watch.
This particular video is not from Sondors so keep that in mind but it states that delivery is 2022 for new bikes.

Here's the video I found the red LX
If you'll note there's no Sondors branding on the red LX static photo. While it's possible it's a custom paint job, I'd bet money that's a photoshopped image rather than a picture of a red LX.

Well the latest update has the late Aug LX now shipping late October and then it'll be one excuse after another after that I'm absolutely disgusted.
There's almost a void of information available about these bikes unless you get on the sondors mid drive Facebook group and once you do, you discover a slew of problems that these bikes have because they're made out of really cheap components.
I haven't seen much of anything that is reassuring me and making me feel better about any of it.
I think it's highly doubtful I will see my LX this year at all.
Insert vomit sounds *here*
Get in touch with the people at Ebikes USA. They are an ebike shop in Colorado (I think) and have a lot of Sondors experience including the new mid drive models.

Ebikes USA is an affiliate of Sondors, as per an email I got from Sondors telling me to check out the video from their affiliate in Denver. They use terms in their videos that coincide with terms that Sondors uses in their videos and part of it feels scripted almost. I think I trust a third-party perspective a bit more.
Ebikes USA is a local CO bike shop whose owner is a Sondors dealer. They aren't affiliated with Sondors in any other way and if you look at their product mix, Sondors is a tiny fraction of the business they do.

To know this you would either need to be local to the Denver area or, as I do, know the owner of the shop as a friend.

As they are just a dealer, they will not know any more than anyone else does, and that includes Sondors corporate. The global supply shortage hasn't gone away because its been a few weeks since someone has listed out all of the problems that have nothing to do with any one company.

They're still all there, and they will be with us well into 2022 if not 2023. I'm stocking up on tires and other components I don't expect to need for months if not a year.

I'm basing my comment on the exact language used in an email to me from Sondors:

"And if you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check out this SONDORS LX video from our Denver affiliate --> HERE"

It specifically says affiliate I mean I totally see what you're saying but I'm telling you this is the language Sondors is using and I've quoted it exactly.

I don't know, you have to tell your customers something, what else could you say that would change the situation
that everyone is in.

They don't need to say anything to try to change the situation they need to be completely transparent on what the situation is and they should have started telling us as soon as early May.
Plenty of information about delays was breaking around the world at that time and instead of us having to figure it out for ourselves, they should have been the first ones out of the gate to give us delay information.
Some of their emails have suggested that you read here and here and here and here to read about the Global problems, when the information that they are citing is from two months ago and that's exactly what I'm talking about it.
I expect the truth in a timely fashion.
I already knew back in May that there was going to be major delays but because Sondors wasn't up front about it early on it gave me hope but they were indeed on track when in fact they weren't.
This isn't rocket science. The company needs to be upfront and transparent without stall tactics and 2 months long delays on notifying us as to whats happening.
They expect everybody to learn about what's going on by either word-of-mouth or one of these forums, just like they rely on the forums to do their customer service and tech work for them. (For the most part)
If theres something I'm missing then please point it out.
Is somebody trying to tell me that I'm delusional in thinking that Sondors really sucks with communication?
Is that all an illusion like the communication part is?

i think folks are feeling mislead. They invested a non-trivial amount of money with a time line in mind. If Sondors wasn't able to meet those time lines, consumers could have taken their capital elsewhere. Had sondors communicated that openly, maybe some customers take their money elsewhere?

I just want my money back.
I canceled 10 days ago and no refund yet.
I was told a week ago that the accounting department is verifying my account and haven't heard anything since

I just want my money back.
I canceled 10 days ago and no refund yet.
I was told a week ago that the accounting department is verifying my account and haven't heard anything since
I've cancelled from them. Actually I have cancelled 2 different times from them. They will refund you. They aren't always super quick about it but they will get you your money back.

I've cancelled from them. Actually I have cancelled 2 different times from them. They will refund you. They aren't always super quick about it but they will get you your money It's been very hard to estimate delivery times for over a year now and getting worse. I'm very happy that I decided to wait and stay in line until I could get one of them. Some people just
don't have the patience.

It doesn't all come down to patience or a lack thereof.
Some people are on disability and aren't able to have their money out there for that long before they get a product they've paid for.
If you have the extra Financial padding to be able to wait that long then great for you.

Does anyone have recent experience receiving an LX? I have to wonder how accurate Sondors shipping estimates are given the current shortages of bike parts globally.
Well... to answer my own question about shipping. I thought that it would be next year (2022) and maybe even late spring before my LX arrived since it was scheduled for September shipping and there are delays on most cargo. It appears that Sondors is going to exceed my expectations as I received this email today:

Hi Bill,

We are writing you with great news today –– your SONDORS LX has arrived to the port of Los Angeles. And, we are prepared to begin shipping very soon!

Please watch for your UPS tracking details during the week of October 4–8, 2021. You will receive them via email, or text message, if you're signed up for SMS alerts.

Please note, the shipping week provided above is our best estimate at this time. This means your SONDORS LX is set to arrive to our fulfillment center the first week of October.

If we encounter extensive port congestion or other unforeseen delays, the shipping week could be extended up to 1-2 weeks. We will do our best to keep you apprised with updates as soon we receive them.

In the meantime, get ready for the arrival of your LX by watching the assembly and other helpful videos here.

Thank you for your continued trust, support and patience during these unpredictable time. You truly are the best part of SONDORS, and we can't wait to get you riding.

If you have questions or require further assistance please respond directly to this email and one of our friendly SONDORS experts will happily assist you.

In gratitude,

Team SONDORS

Well... to answer my own question about shipping. I thought that it would be next year (2022) and maybe even late spring before my LX arrived since it was scheduled for September shipping and there are delays on most cargo. It appears that Sondors is going to exceed my expectations as I received this email today:
YAY! I'm glad to be seeing this for you!

My LX (finally) arrived today. Of course this is one of the busiest days of the month for me so I only have one mile on it so far. At least it's now in my grubby hands rather than sitting on a ship or dock.
Sittin' on the dock of a bay?

Attachments

• Sondors21LS05.JPG
    Sondors21LS05.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 221
Back