NEW SONDORS LX

I'm thinking I'm going to love it......a light weight dirt bike that I can take on hiking trails
A word for Popular or Common is used by botanists. That word is ideally suited for this bike.

The bike may have been designed by a focus group in Tulsa. Now the engineers and the legal team are trying to make it usable and legal? This Rockstar is not a mountain bike for actual mountain biking single track trails. It was stressed on a paved road yesterday. The bike needs to drop fifty-pounds before it heads for the hills. Yes, it has mass appeal. And a devoted following. And if I were a bartender I would serve people what they like, no what I like.

That is SF in the distance.

Attachments

• Rides21A01.jpg
    Rides21A01.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 330
  • Rides21A02.jpg.PNG
    Rides21A02.jpg.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 340
  • Rides21A03.jpg.PNG
    Rides21A03.jpg.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 347
Ride what you like.
Looks like it made it up a hill today! The rider read up last night on how to maintain the high cadence that mid-drives crave. Part of the problems yesterday may have been due to technique.

Attachments

• Rides21A06.jpg.PNG.jpg
    Rides21A06.jpg.PNG.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Rides21A05.jpg.PNG.jpg
    Rides21A05.jpg.PNG.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 309
I did receive my white LX on Jan 28 in SoCal. Overall very impressive. Cool factor very high. It is a solid beast. Motorcycle looks with bike feel. Appreciate the build quality and overall components in place. Got it for the mrs but I ride as well. Battery seems to last forever.

someday I hope to make some programming adjustments. For now just to smooth out the thumb throttle. Too power sensitive too soon.
I live in SoCal also and Im considering getting the cruiser or this one for SART riding. My current bike can only take me 14 miles before the battery dies (new battery) as Im 300 lbs and the motor is only 24v 250w. How far have you been able to go on this from a full charge? I am really looking for go from the Green River trail to the beach (50 miles round trip) someday and would need some help from the bike the entire way. My current bike is pretty old and doesnt have assist levels either so its all or nothing when I ride. How are the tires on the road? I havent ridden a fat tire bike ever and weighting the cruiser vs this for suspension and comfort.

I live in SoCal also and Im considering getting the cruiser or this one for SART riding. My current bike can only take me 14 miles before the battery dies (new battery) as Im 300 lbs and the motor is only 24v 250w. How far have you been able to go on this from a full charge? I am really looking for go from the Green River trail to the beach (50 miles round trip) someday and would need some help from the bike the entire way. My current bike is pretty old and doesnt have assist levels either so its all or nothing when I ride. How are the tires on the road? I havent ridden a fat tire bike ever and weighting the cruiser vs this for suspension and comfort.
I had this bike on order. Waited 6 months then found out it's too big for me and had to cancel it. I ended up with a heavy fat tire ebike with a mid drive motor and only front fork suspension, so in that regards it's somewhat similar. Riding it around town on paved roads, sidewalks, and some light dirt trails I can say the front fork suspension and fat tires is more than enough cushion. Get yourself a more comfortable seat and you should be just fine. I can't speak for anything specific with this bike regarding mileage. Some people say in general the Ultra motor is a battery hog. This battery is on the bigger side so you should still get 40-60 miles from moderate PAS. Good luck with your decision.

Man this thread had me fooled. For a second I thought someone on here got theirs. Thanks for compiling all this content in one thread. I look forward to getting mine, just a couple of weeks left. I'll try my best to put together a video and review. Got a new DJI action cam and several mounts just waiting for this.

Still waiting to see it in the other 2 colors (mine will be black)
Mine will be the Aventador. Hope to get the fenders and rack asap. Comes in October 2021.

Does anyone have recent experience receiving an LX? I have to wonder how accurate Sondors shipping estimates are given the current shortages of bike parts globally.

The website now says that new LX orders ship in late February.
A few days ago it said November.
It's like de ja vu all over again. This is exactly the delays last year this time. First it was October. Then November, then for 1 week it was January, then February.

You know that this is going to affect more than just ebikes.
Besides COVID, there’s a shortage of shipping containers in China. The port of LA is full and has over 30 ships at anchor waiting to get to the docks to be unloaded. Normal count of ships at anchor is 0 to 1. The port is handling record numbers of containers. Floods in Europe and China have an effect. Higher shipping costs going from $1400 in June 2019 to $2600 in June 2020 to $6800 in June 2021.

I expect to see a lot more shortages than we have in the past with prices spiking for all items that are available.

Back