New Marin Bolinas Ridge 2 for BBSHD candidate?

Hob

Region
USA
I'm deciding on a starting platform to install a BBSHD / 52V battery, I have an old full suspension 09 Specialized FSR XC but it doesn't appear to be a suitable donor due to limited battery install locations. I'm considering a couple of budget hardtails, hoping to get confirmation that I'm looking at the correct parts for BBSHD fitment or if there's any other suggested bikes for this conversion.

First I'm considering :

Marin Bolinas Ridge 2 29" Large
68mm Square Taper Bottom Bracket
Hydraulic Brakes
Chainrings 42/34/24T 3x (I'm speculating may give me additional chainstay room to easily fit a 46t BBSHD?)
SunRace 8-Speed, 11-34T (not wide range for heavy climbing but seems to be acceptable as commuter / light trails)
$699

Secondly :

Trek Marlin 6 29" Medium/Large
Shimano Deore M4100, 11-46, 10 speed (great to come with climbing gears out of the box)
73 x 125.5mm Square Taper Bottom bracket
Hydraulic Brakes
Chainring 1x 30t (small chainring and limited chainstay room mentioned by other builds but it with enough spacers they're able to fit a BBSHD?)
LOVE Trek's Factory Orange color
$849

I haven't found any similar model Marin BBSHD conversions but found a couple Trek Marlins but again with the new 1x chainrings there's some concern about proper fitment?

Back