New Kinekt Suspension Seatposts: Smoother Design, Saddle Clamp Improvements, Silver Springs, Heavy Duty XL 300lb Option

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys, Cirrus Cycles has been rebranding their Body Float suspension seat post product to Kinekt in recent years. The product is designed to keep riders "connected" to their bikes and is a popular accessory for electric bikes because riders tend to go further, maintain a higher average speed, and sit in a more upright body position. During the Interbike show in Reno Nevada, I spoke with one of their pro riders and the CEO about updates for 2019. This is what I learned:
  • The head of the suspension post has been smoothed, sculpted, and rounded out a bit for improved aesthetics, and the bushings and bearings are more protected and sealed against dirt and grime
  • They added a spring to make the head clamp easier to work with (the spring gently pushes the clamp open so it's easier to install a saddle)
  • They are moving to all silver springs, because they look nicer, but black indicator lines help identify different spring weight levels
  • They have a new heavy duty suspension post that is rated for riders up to 300lbs
  • The product is offered in 25.4mm, 27.2mm, 30.9mm, 31.6mm diameter as well as 350mm and 420mm length and Small, Medium, Large, or XL weight ranges
The Kinekt suspension seatpost can support riders from 80lbs all the way up to 300lbs. Each model is sold with a specific seat post diameter and length, as well as a weight rating. Fo those who want to use one post between multiple bikes, consider getting the 27.2mm post diameter and adjusting the fit using shims. Each Kinekt comes with multiple springs to adjust within that weight rating as well. They sell aluminum alloy as well as carbon fiber for those who want to reduce weight. Kinekt does sell an adjustment knob for use without a hex wrench tool.

To run the forums, host the site, and travel, I have introduced a service fee for my reviews and some in-depth videos like the one above. This video was actually free... but Kinekt used to be an advertiser and I suspect that they could be again someday, so I'm being up front here. My goal is to be transparent and unbiased, this video and post are not meant to be an endorsement.

Attachments

• kinekt-suspension-seatpost-for-bikes-updated-design-new-xl-version.jpg
    kinekt-suspension-seatpost-for-bikes-updated-design-new-xl-version.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 424
Hi Court,
I enjoyed your YouTube video on this product - they look like EXACTLY what I need but unfortunately they aren't available yet here in the U.K.
Hopefully that'll change soon as they seem way better than the competition.

Back