Product Review: Kinekt 2.1 Suspension Seatpost

Thank you.
What helped me as a new rider - I'm only a tyro now - was becoming aware of my weight shifting back and forth, between bars and the saddle.
The Jones H Bars really also helped a lot.
I closed my eyes and 'reach out in space and grab my imaginary perfect bars - right where they should be.
I rock, twist my torso, feeling how far forward I can go and the range available while maintaining a strong grip and leverage; I note of the angle my hands and grip are as I move forward and back/ side-to-side.
Where is that perfect spot? Right here.
Okay, opened eyed I do the same thing. Don't modify my perfect natural grip to suit preconceived notions, I seek bars that suit my strengths.
The point where the pressure between my hands (affecting shoulders/ neck/ upper back) and butt (affecting lower and mid back) varies not more than either is taking a majority of the stress during rides.
The Bars also play a big part of the equasion
Lighter springs respond to finer input, Heavy to grosser.
Kinekt's vids lend to the impression one should stay planted in the saddle.
The site indicates: ***If you are choosing a Kinekt suspension seatpost for an e-bike, we recommend choosing the LR for riders under 150lbs (68kg) and going with the XR for riders over 150lbs, to accommodate the in-saddle riding style and weight distribution that e-bikes produce.
You see the assumption that it's an 'e-bike' automatically pigeonholing in 'less sensitive' Dullsville (But, yes. You see folks on e-bikes with seat bottomed out and their knees up to chest level)?
I chuckle when I hear complaints - oh, I had plenty myself. lol. But now my Kinekt is off for service and I'm running solid.
I keep riding like I'm on suspension and totally hate it.

Fn'F

Back