New Jeep E-Bike????

Did anybody scope that new Jeep e-bike from their Super Bowl commercial? Looks like they're teaming up with QuietKat for a pretty exciting take on an outdoors style e-bike.

Here's the video in case anyone missed it!

Has anyone seen it in person? or have any experience with QuietKat bikes?

Interested to know your thoughts on it!

two other threads on the same subject floating around here

cool but it doesn't look like Jeep was involved in the development 🤔 it does say Jeep on it, but that's about it.

I'm not sure how much of a Jeep is developed by Jeep these days. What with the Fiat Chrysler ownership.

unfortunately it looks like QuietKat will be producing the bike along with JEEP so it will probably cost $30,000 😁

Pre-orders March 1st......$5899 US

I own a Quietkat and they do tack a premium on and cater to a specific buyer who's willing to dish out the extra $$$, but they are built like tanks, ride great and have great customer service.

Pre-orders March 1st......$5899 US

I own a Quietkat and they do tack a premium on and cater to a specific buyer who's willing to dish out the extra $$$, but they are built like tanks, ride great and have great customer service.

Do they build their own frames ?

An update from Electrek... still overpriced in my book. ;)

Jeep is asking for a whopping $5,899 for its fat tire, all-terrain electric bicycle.

To put that in perspective, other popular fat tire electric bikes such as the RadRover from Rad Power Bikes retail for around a quarter of that price.
Jeep e-bike goes on sale today - Of course the Jeep electric bicycle is a lot more e-bike than most others, to be fair.

Marketed under a partnership with North American company QuietKat, the Jeep e-bike puts out an astounding 160 Nm (118 lb-ft) of torque, thanks to its massively powerful Bafang Ultra mid-drive motor. That motor is well known to put out over 1.5kW of power, though QuietKat and Jeep market the e-bike as providing 750W of power. They could be detuning the motor, or more likely using a lower figure to avoid running afoul of e-bike regulations in many US states that limit power to 750W.

1583215798247.png

This was the part I found most fascinating about that article:

The bike also features high-end suspension. In fact, I happen to already be quite familiar with the bike’s suspension design because I know the company that builds it. It is designed by FREY Bike, a Jinhua, China-based e-bike company

Back