NEW EBIKE RIDER

LVBrokr

Hello all,

New to the forums,

I live In Las Vegas and have recently purchased a Hibike Sduro for my girlfriend and mine is a Hibike Xduro FullSeven 2018 which I'll get this week.. Both used but in great shape and great price..

couple questions to help me transition smoothly into this arena-

Which seat is most comfortable and priced around the $50 mark?
is the seat shock stem important to have?
is it possible to have a throttle incorporated into these bikes? (more curious)

any and all advice welcome..

Thank you

LVBrokr

• Seats are personal preference. You should measure your sit-bones to see how far apart they are and be sure you have a saddle that's wide enough. See SQLab-usa. com for explanations and they'll even send you a small kit so you can measure at home (I can explain it here if anyone wants).
  • Suspension seat posts are again personal preference and depend on your bike and wheels, tires, and where/how you ride. If you're on smooth pavement, they're not important for most.
  • You cannot add a throttle to the Haibike Sduro.

Thanks for the info.. it will be for trail riding.. is amazon a good place to get the shock? and what's a good price starting point to get something worth buying?

The most popular suspension seatposts are the Cane Creek Thudbuster, Cirrus Cycles Kinekt, PNW Coast, Redshift Shockstop, and the Suntour NCX. The ones on Amazon and elsewhere that sell for under $50 are junk.

Amazon does have some reasonable prices for suspension seatposts.

From what I have used, I can recommend the following in order of increasing price:

Suntour NCX (note that the Suntour site is showing a current sale of 15-25% off. Also sometimes least expensive new on eBay)
https://www.srsuntour.us/collection...y-of-sp12-ncx-seatpost?variant=31169865711710

CaneCreek Thudbuster (recommend the 'all new' version of the ST. I've never used their long travel version personally):
https://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension-seatposts/

Kinect 2.1 (look here for 25% off sale. Probably the best out there - you get what you pay for):
https://selleanatomica.com/products/kinekt-2-1-aluminum-seatpost?_pos=1&_sid=94b7b74fb&_ss=r

If you never had a seat shock, by all means get some. Cheap $15 shock from Amazon or Ebay will make a world of difference on dirt roads and cracked concrete. Even at this price they are adjustable according to your weight and how "springy" you want it to be.

Isn't your FullSeven a a full suspension bike? I would be worried about a really mushy ride with rear suspension and a suspension seat post.

If you are serious about trail riding I'd go for a dropper post over a suspension post.

Isn't your FullSeven a a full suspension bike? I would be worried about a really mushy ride with rear suspension and a suspension seat post.

If you are serious about trail riding I'd go for a dropper post over a suspension post.
You shouldn’t need a suspension seatpost for FS bikes.

I have used a Kinekt body float on a full suspension bike. It does add some comfort as it absorbs some of the high frequency chatter you get from running over sticks and minor road imperfections. Does it add enough comfort to justify the expense? Probably not. However if you are looking for as seamless and smooth a ride experience as possible, it will get you even closer than a full suspension without one.

First learn how to tune and dial in your front fork and rear shock to your weight and riding style. That That should get you 90% there. The Kinekt will get you that last 10%

You'll not be able to add a throttle to the Haibike.

Great info... Thank you for your input..

I just did 13 miles on the Las Vegas strip on my girlfriends Sduro and it was flawless.. Looking forward to hitting trails now..

Back