New Delta X owner, CVT question

Sefar

Region
USA
Hello all. After hours and hours and hours of research and a couple weeks owning (and selling) a Pedego boomerang plus, my Delta X is on the way.

Was wondering if anyone had upgraded/if you can upgrade the CVT from manual to the automatic version for shifting? Nuvinci sells the parts if you are a dealer and such. Given how attentive the Evelo folks are, I suspect they would sell the parts if they are available.

I'm excited to ride this beast! I had a Fuell Flluid in the cart and was ready to pull the trigger, glad I waited. The Delta X looks faster and the warranty is nails. My only concern, which the Flluid handled well was range but I bought a second charger for use at work if I get range anxiety.

TIA.

. . . wondering if anyone had upgraded/if you can upgrade the CVT from manual to the automatic version for shifting?

My Evelo Aurora Limited Edition has the NuVinci automatic (electric) control hub.
An older REI pedal only bike has the NuVinci manual (cable) control hub.

I dislike the automatic and operate the ALE in manual mode so I'm in control of 'gear' selection.
Also feel the automatic (even in manual mode) does not have as smooth a CVT gear range as the cable manual.
Automatic has a few jumps while cable was very linear . . . would assume the electronics in electric are not as good as simple human hand pulling a cable . . .

So IMHO, be glad your Delta X has the cable system. And yours will work with a dead battery plus has full CVT range while stopped (electric needs some hub rotation for full range gear changes).

Back