New CCX Pictures

KLee

I installed the Topeak rear rack that was previously on my Trek 1100. The side bags are actually handlebar bags that I relocated to the rear rack. The tail light is a NiteRider Solas 2 watt (USB rechargeable). The reflective sidewalls and piping on the bags really pop out on some of these pictures.
20181215_124757.jpg20181215_124856.jpg20181215_124946.jpg20181215_125024.jpg20181215_125422.jpg

Wow, no chance of someone not seeing you! Thanks for posting, I think I'll grab the same bags.

I dunno how you ride with a seat like that, more appropriate name would be Ballbuster saddle. Looks like a million $ though.
I've got B17's on all my diamond frame bikes (4)! It's the only saddle with which I ever accomplished a century ride (100.99 miles)
http://bikejournal.com/blog.asp?rname=bikerjohn&cdate=9/13/2008
This past October I had to have the saddle repaired when the rails snapped. It was worth the $106 repair cost!
One custom tuned long lasting saddle:

1546188844758.png

Ya, those seats aren't for me, I like wide and soft. Seats aren't about what looks cool!!

It’s actually very comfortable and molds to your sit bones, while the springs eases the pot holes and works as suspension. “Never judge a book by its cover....Looks are deceiving.”
I tried a brooks saddle with springs and unfortunately found it painful. It also had an annoying squeak I couldn’t get rid of. They are beautiful though. I probably didn’t give it enough time to break in.

I always liked my Brooks leather saddles. I had both the professional model and the B17. The only problem I had was with the B17 which has this little, decorative crease running the length, on both sides. We were doing 100 miles a day and the slight ridge on the crease became an irritant. I took some sandpaper and sanded it smooth and it was fine after that.

You do know Brooks saddles were invented by the gov secretly to control population growth by killing the male reproductive organs.

I rode one for most of my youth and have grand kids now so I guess it was another one of those goverment projects that failed. Goin' goin for a ride...too old for sex.

One is never too old for sex. As they say: it's like riding a bike, you never forget how.

Back