New CCX Pictures

@KLee: a little follow up for you (et al)... The rack went on just fine without any engineering. I didn't have to bend anything or do anything I would think of as unusual for installing the rack. The only thing...with the geometry of the bike and where the bosses were, I'm not even sure the bag will fit when slid in: it may hit the seat (which is on a suspension post, so it could be an even bigger problem when it bounces). I had bought the rack without the bag to see how it would fit. Now that the rack is in, I'm waiting for the bag to arrive. It's perfectly horizontal (at the very end of the mounting bracket). Fingers crossed!
I bought the Topeka MTX rack with the intention of using a MTX bag but I have been using Ortlieb Front Roller Classic panniers instead. Good luck on your bag fitment.

And the final follow up for anyone trying to put a quick-release trunk bag on the back of their Juiced CCX. The Topeak MTX did NOT work. It sat too close to the seat with no remedy from Topeak. HOWEVER, the Ibera PakRak DID work. Out of the box, it too sat too close to the seat, but if you email Ibera and send proof of purchase for the rack, they will send longer mounting arms which puts it plenty back from the seat. Alas I have my quick release bag solution.

Thanks so much for your help @KLee. Really appreciate the time you spent and the inspiration your solution gave me.

And the final follow up for anyone trying to put a quick-release trunk bag on the back of their Juiced CCX. The Topeak MTX did NOT work. It sat too close to the seat with no remedy from Topeak. HOWEVER, the Ibera PakRak DID work. Out of the box, it too sat too close to the seat, but if you email Ibera and send proof of purchase for the rack, they will send longer mounting arms which puts it plenty back from the seat. Alas I have my quick release bag solution.

Thanks so much for your help @KLee. Really appreciate the time you spent and the inspiration your solution gave me.
You're welcome @niltohams ;) I'm glad to hear you found a solution to the rack fitment. Happy riding!

Back