New Bosch Powered Tern Folder coming 2017

Chris Nolte

We're super excited about the Bosch Powered Tern bike shipping early next year. We got the news at the Taipei show, but we had to hold our tongue until (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) I wrote up a brief article discussing the specs I deduced from the images they provided. Check it out here: Tern Elektron - Bosch Powered Folding Ebike

I'm interested to know if others are as excited as I am about this.

Some images below:

folding-e-bike0-1020x610.jpg folding-e-bike03-1020x610.jpg folding-e-bike02-1020x610.jpg folding-e-bike01-1020x610.jpg elektron-folding-bike-1020x530.jpg

Looks sleek. Between my wife and I we have 3 Terns. I ride 2 from the Eclipse line. They fill a need for us (quick to throw them into the car and don't take up a lot of room in the house). My Eclipse models are fun rides (just put 10 miles on one today) and I haven't had any issues with them - but I was worried about the company's long term viability given a couple of frame recalls (bad welds I believe). Hopefully the recalls are limited to a small number of batches and attributable to newness of the company/growing pains. I'll be curious to see the rollout of this Elektron.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Elektron in person. Looks to be a beautiful marriage of folding bikes and e bikes.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Elektron in person. Looks to be a beautiful marriage of folding bikes and e bikes.
I guess they opted for a name change and seems they are now calling it the Vektron. I rode the bike in Wash DC and it definitely is zippy.

I guess they opted for a name change and seems they are now calling it the Vektron. I rode the bike in Wash DC and it definitely is zippy.

Yeah, I read somewhere that they changed the name. I thought Elektron was the new name, but I probably have it backwards. Regardless, very cool that you got to ride one! I'm jealous. :)

Thats a fast bike and love the feeling . My only issue is, it is very heavy for a folding bike. Which takes portability element of folding bike. Then i wonder why i need to have a folding bike other than having a small car with limited loading space. (in this case it can be useful to have a folding bike while traveling. )

Back