New Pictures of the Tern Elektron Folding Ebike!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, Tern sent me a bunch of photos showing their new Elektron folding electric bike that uses the Bosch motor system. It looks pretty great, I liked the older Tern ebikes that used the BionX system too but am excited about this update, nice that they're putting more energy in and refining their approach.

Tern-Elektron-side-view.jpg Tern-Elektron-rear-view.jpg Tern-Elektron-rear-cluster.jpg Tern-Elektron-purion-cockpit.jpg Tern-Elektron-fully-charged.jpg Tern-Elektron-folded.jpg Tern-Elektron-Bosch-engine.jpg Tern-Elektron-adjustable-stem.jpg

Those dark ones remind me of the Stromer ST2 unveiling last year... here are some brighter ones and some shots with a rider.

Tern-Elektron-side-view-white.jpg Tern-Elektron-rear-view-white.jpg Tern-Elektron-folded-white.jpg Tern-2017-Lineup-(20).jpg Tern-2017-Lineup-(17).jpg Tern-2017-Lineup-(103).jpg Tern-2017-Lineup-(104).jpg Tern-2017-Lineup-(115).jpg Tern-2017-Lineup-(36).jpg

Attachments

• Tern-2017-Lineup-(68).jpg
    Tern-2017-Lineup-(68).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 663
Excited to be featured in their reaction video at :26 :) this was after my first time riding it at Eurobike.

Super stoked about this bike! Been waiting a long time for something like this!

New Tern video:

Court: Enjoyed seeing your video from interbike in both the vektron and the link evokes from tern. Been in contact with the closest dealer to me and can't wait until they both arrive early spring . Just trying to figure out if I should save the $1400 and get the link with the internally geared hub, if if the vektron is worth the price . This will be my first ebike purchase. Have put it off for a year and I want to get one before spring hits in St. Louis .

Thanks for all of your ebike videos! I feel like I have received an undergraduate degree in ebikeology from all of your reviews!

Sincerely

Ken

Court: Enjoyed seeing your video from interbike in both the vektron and the link evokes from tern. Been in contact with the closest dealer to me and can't wait until they both arrive early spring . Just trying to figure out if I should save the $1400 and get the link with the internally geared hub, if if the vektron is worth the price . This will be my first ebike purchase. Have put it off for a year and I want to get one before spring hits in St. Louis .

Thanks for all of your ebike videos! I feel like I have received an undergraduate degree in ebikeology from all of your reviews!

Sincerely

Ken

Ken - I think it's worth the extra money. The refinement and reliability of the Bosch system are second to none in my opinion. The other great thing about buying a bike with a Bosch system is you know parts will be available for years to come. I think this a commonly overlooked factor when investing in an ebike.

The Vektron should be available next month and it has been one of the most anticipated bikes here in the shop. I got to spend some time on it at the bike shows earlier this year and it's a really solid ride!

I hope this helps.

Chris

Ken - I think it's worth the extra money. The refinement and reliability of the Bosch system are second to none in my opinion. The other great thing about buying a bike with a Bosch system is you know parts will be available for years to come. I think this a commonly overlooked factor when investing in an ebike.

The Vektron should be available next month and it has been one of the most anticipated bikes here in the shop. I got to spend some time on it at the bike shows earlier this year and it's a really solid ride!

I hope this helps.

Chris[/QUOTE

Chris:

I appreciate your comments. I have read that Bosch products are reliable and they do a good job with keeping parts in stock and all of that, however, I have also read a lot about the longevity and lack of problems with internal hubs which is what the elink will have. As a non-mechanic I am looking for a bike that will have as few problems as possible.

Ken

I hope this helps.

Chris

Chris:

Do you have a definitive date as to when you will be getting the Vektron in your shop?

Kenny B

I believe it's next month, but I will folllw up and confirm when our initial production order is arriving.

Chris:

I would appreciate you doing that. It reached 70 degrees here yesterday and I went to a Bike Shop and rode a couple of enikes with the Bosch System. I was very impressed. I got a big smile on my face as I was riding them.

Ken

Back