New BBS Middrive!

I just preordered the BBosHD for a fatbike from lunacycles for 1298.95. Came with 52v 13.5 ah battery. Heres to the future.
Hey K,

Luna Cycle offers the 750w version of the BBS02 for around $535, the HD for $800. So that's a $270 difference. I think that would make it easy for people to opt for the HD. I like their battery prices. They seem to be trying to build a safe and solid pack with good cells. It's interesting that they've added Turbo Bob to their team, with the website linked to the store and all. This may be the only way for review sites to produce some cash flow. There's a lot of stuff going on here, and some of it does seem like the 'future'. This is why ebikes are so interesting, actually.

You were looking at some high end bikes, but this should be fun for more reasonable $$. You have the frame yet? The last BBS builder had the shop remove the bottom bracket and said it was a one hour build after that. Hope it goes that well for you.

Hey George, Yeah was debating on the other models, but I opted for the HD because, I'm pretty dead set on commuting with a Fat Bike, after testing the Focus Thron I was in love, but heart broken on the price tag. Then I found this guy who only does fat ebikes. It gave me a glimmer of hope that I could get a bike this year and not break my bank or have my wife divorce me lol, other than that I don't know if I have a good reason other than I'm a big guy and I like big tires; I used to own a jeep wrangler with 34" mudders on it, that i drove daily... I figure it's kind equivalent.

I don't have the frame yet, I'm getting the Gravity Bullseye Monster fatbike from bikes direct, and picking up some Surly Black Floyd 3.8 for commuting in good weather. It's about to be the snow and crap weather here in CO, so a fatty should come in handy.

I'll post pics and vids when everything comes in and I get it all put together.

20150910_001651.jpg
Kaldeem, I like your budget build model, let us know how it goes. I have a new lectriccycles fat tire bike, love it, but sounds your going to have an awesome bike too for 1/2 have the price I paid.... wish you great success. ....

Last edited:
Back