New and inexperienced to ebikes

jdamnp77

Region
USA
City
Cape girardeau
I was given a stromer st1( first series) without the battery.. I would ride the bike as a regular mountain bike,it road great..I was doing down a steep hill and changing the lowest gear when the gaining speed and pedaling hard the rear hub wheel locked up almost throwing me over the handlebar..the hub still spins but feels like the brakes on it took me 2 hrs to carry and push bike home....could I have triggered the TMM switch could static electricity from hub triggered something and was it stupid to ride without battery ..please help me bird dog this..

I was given a stromer st1( first series) without the battery.. I would ride the bike as a regular mountain bike,it road great..I was doing down a steep hill and changing the lowest gear when the gaining speed and pedaling hard the rear hub wheel locked up almost throwing me over the handlebar..the hub still spins but feels like the brakes on it took me 2 hrs to carry and push bike home....could I have triggered the TMM switch could static electricity from hub triggered something and was it stupid to ride without battery ..please help me bird dog this..
I guess I'm an idiot for asking..some please respond

Have you taken into account there could be very few Stromer owners here, and if there are any, no-one rides them without the battery?
The lack of reaction usually means 'IDK' here.

Back