NCM Moscow Bottom Bracket Bearing Failure

it in xx first and then wait for ncm to reply
RLJ,,
Thanks for your help and part number and the info about the electrics involved.
I'm going to check it's not a noisy pedal and then wait for ncm to reply.
Am I right to suggest that the supplied bottom bracket is the loose ball bearing type? If that's the case then your replacement item will be, as you say, an enhancement.
Tony

it in xx first and then wait for ncm to reply
The original BB is actually a cartridge design like the replacement I fitted . I think the Shimano one is of a better quality. Like I said you will need a couple of special tools to fit yourself. Pretty straight forward with the right tools. I was quoted between £30 - £50 labor to fit. Part was around £20, all paid under the warranty.

An update to my ncm Venice noisy crank. I swapped my pedals to eliminate them from the noise and still had a crank noise. Put the original pedals back before taking it to the bike shop and did a other test ride and lo and behold no noise. I still took it to the bike shop and explained the situ and when I collected the bike expecting him to have changed the bottom bracket he told me the bracket was not tightened enough and said it would be ok now. I believe him but will see how quiet it continues to be now.
It was a strange experience but that can be the way with bikes. I will update ncm.de who replied to my email quickly and said get the bracket swapped out if necessary.
Tony

Bottom Bracket on a NCM prague 29er. Maybe an issue with the BB or derailler . I set the derailler on the maintainace stand all gears work fine when on the road I get a knocking sound in certain gears I was informed it could be the BB that needs tweeking . The question is what size is the spline socket as I will have to buy one and also the crank remover . Thanks in advance

Russell

A rose is a rose is a rose.

A bottom bracket is a bottom bracket is a bottom bracket.

There is no conspiracy with a failed bottom bracket. It's as trivial to swap as an inner tube. Get it done, go enjoy your ebike.

When I first rode the bike the pedal came off the bottom bracket, the square arm must of got a little chewed, Leon sent me a new crank set, the pedal won't go all the way on though
When I first got mine in 2020 same thing happened with crank arm came off. I bought this bike to used this bike for deliveries and couldn't afford to stay off work so I kept just screwing the bolt back on. Think I may have over tightened it and it's caused to much damage. After a while my pedal assistance started to go intermittent. I started thinking it was a motor issue took months till Leon cycle said the think it's a controller issue. Took months again till they sent a new one. I replaced it not once but twice as first time never did anything. Eventually realised bottom bracket was loose but never made the connection that it could be what was affecting my pedal assistant. Took apart cleaned up and tightened back up and that sorted issue mostly. I'm planning on replacing the bottom bracket and crank set and think that should sort it but my whole experience with leeon cycle was ridiculous. Unfortunately I bought on eBay and it was from Germany so I had to deal with German Leon cycle not the one in UK during COVID pandemic so it's left me out of pocket and my warranty is well over now. I only did about 900km on it and it's basically sat there collecting dust. Never again will I deal with this company.

The bottom bracket failed on my Moscow plus after a few hundred mile and when I removed it it was full of a mud like substance but I do ride it often in the wet off road so water gets in and washed the bearings out.

Would any brand or model of a 68x122mm bottom bracket with square tapered design fit on the Moscow or you specifically need the Shimano or NECO one?

Hi,did u fit the 68mm x 122mm bottom bracket for the moscow plus ? I may need to do the same so im intrested,also is it a square tapered design? Thanks

Hi
Yes square tapered , this is the one I fitted,
BBUN26B22 - item model no' on Amazon.
B0036WZITM - ASIN no' on Amazon.
Shimano part no' is BB-UN26.

Hi
Yes square tapered , this is the one I fitted,
BBUN26B22 - item model no' on Amazon.
B0036WZITM - ASIN no' on Amazon.
Shimano part no' is BB-UN26.
Excellant,think iv seen the amazon 1 u mentioned,thanks for info,think it will be a while before i tackle this myself,this platform here & peoples help is brilliant,thank you 👍

Before I break anything, I'm trying the remove the stock bottom bracket from the standard Moscow, which way do I have to turn the bracket with the removal tool on either side? I don't understand if it's completely stuck or I'm just turning it on the wrong side. I would like to at least know which way is correct.

Before I break anything, I'm trying the remove the stock bottom bracket from the standard Moscow, which way do I have to turn the bracket with the removal tool on either side? I don't understand if it's completely stuck or I'm just turning it on the wrong side. I would like to at least know which way is correct.
Have you tried the University of Google/YouTube? For example:

Have you tried the University of Google/YouTube? For example:
Yes, that's exactly why I'm asking here. That video shows that the drive side unscrews counterclockwise, while I found another video of the Shimano UN300 with the opposite direction (same drive side).

Yes, that's exactly why I'm asking here. That video shows that the drive side unscrews counterclockwise, while I found another video of the Shimano UN300 with the opposite direction (same drive side).
Very good! Sorry I can't help. When you do get it done, maybe you could post result here? I my want to do something with mine as well.

I was able finally remove the left cup, which by the way unscrews counterclockwise, however when I installed the new bottom bracket I bought SHIMANO UN-300 BSA Bottom Bracket Silver / Black 68 mm/122 mm I realised that the sensor doesn't it! :eek:

This is how it should fit - all the way - on the stock NECO left side

IMG_20230707_200924.jpg

and this is how it doesn't go all the way on the SHIMANO UN-300

IMG_20230707_200953.jpg

Basically the inner part is thicker compared to the NECO one. I wasn't expecting this, I thought the sizes were all standardised!

I bought the UN300 cause I couldn't find the UN26. Can you confirm the UN26 has the right inner width for the sensor?
Or I could buy the NECO one since it's widely available. I just thought Shimano was better.

Last edited:
Back