My first e-bike (Turbo Creo SL Comp Evo)

I have been thinking about getting the BLEvo so this is making me curious. I had read that motor power was available but I couldn't find it in the menus. I figured out how to send rider power to my computer, but not the motor power. I'll check the software again and try the above.

Part of the various statistics coming from the TCU are the rider power and motor power. However, I don't use the Mission Control app and I believe the motor power is not broadcasted via ANT+ to my Garmin.

I bought the BLEvo app as I see the fantastic statistics it provides.

For Garmin users with Connect IQ, the ebike Connect IQ data field can expose the motor power if you pay the author a small amount. I intend to do so.

Attachments

• 0C262678-5B80-41BD-AC92-5A08299B0BF4.jpeg
    0C262678-5B80-41BD-AC92-5A08299B0BF4.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 377
Hello fellow riders. I'm fortunate enough to have both a 2019 Turbo Levo, that has given me a new lease of MTB life, and very recently a Creo SL Evo. I'd like to acquire a 650B wheelset for that bike. Any experiences with that? What is the maximum size that can fitted? I've read 47 mm in several places, but also 54 mm.

I can’t answer your question, but since you have both the Creo and the Levo maybe you can answer one of mine :). I have a Creo, and have friends that have new Levos and Vados and want to join me in a road ride. Usually they are slower than me, and I know that bike is heavier so I was thinking of riding my regular road bike. But I also know both the Levo and Vado have much bigger batteries than the Creo. Any idea of what is a realistic comparison? I do need to put in a fair bit of effort on my Creo to keep up with faster riders but I don’t expect they will want to put in that much work. On my regular road bike with a reasonable effort I would expect to be about the same pace as on the Creo in eco (although Creo would be less effort). No idea what that would mean on a Vado or Levo

How long distances do you cover @NBS on the Creo, at what speed, in what terrain and weather conditions?

Because of the lockdown, I have not been riding real roads lately and boredom kicked in.

I changed the Evo wheelset to a disc road type (from my TCR Advanced) using adapters. Tires are tubeless Giant Gavia SL 700x25C.

Then I realized I can't test them...

Attachments

• 20200323_202401.jpg
    20200323_202401.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 391
Arnold are those adaptors you made or can they be purchased? What are the specs on the TCR Advanced i.e. is that QR with 100/130 mm spacing or say thru axle with 100/142? I'd really like to find a cost effective way to get a 2nd set of wheels for my Creo.

The answer to that all depends on the weather and who I am riding with, but we have had a lot of wind so far this season, and there is a always a lot of climbing. I live on the benches heading up to a couple of ski resorts, so even if I don't climb those canyons, the flattest ride I can find always involves some climbing just to get back and forth from where I live. I recently did a 49.5 mile ride with 3,800 ft climbing @ avg 17 mph, riding with a fast friend and working hard, mostly in eco but in sport on the steepest sections and near the end when I was tired. On a recent 32 mile ride with 3,100 ft of climbing (about 5 miles @ 8%) ridden at a much more comfortable pace I only averaged 14 mph. On a 15 mile "noodle around the neighborhood" ride with 1,000 ft of climbing on a super windy day entirely in eco but with a bare minimum amount of effort from me, I averaged only 12 mph, absolutely no faster than I would have been on my regular bike at that effort, and possibly slower (slower than usual but it was crazy windy so hard to tell). Given that the Creo is a good 50% heavier than my road bike I am starting to believe that when eco is set to the default 35% assist it is mostly just making up for the extra weight I am pushing on the bike so I don't go that much faster, just can get away with less effort. The ride I am considering doing with my eBiking buddies on my non e-bike is 37 miles but only 850 ft climbing and I would expect to easily average 15 mph without undue effort. If my friends weren't on eBikes they would probably be closer to 11-12 mph

Arnold are those adaptors you made or can they be purchased? What are the specs on the TCR Advanced i.e. is that QR with 100/130 mm spacing or say thru axle with 100/142? I'd really like to find a cost effective way to get a 2nd set of wheels for my Creo.
The adaptors I got from a source in China, arrived before our turn for lockdown. Yes thru axle, both hubs are 12mm already, rear is 142 and front is 100. The hubs are Novatec, it's got lots of conversions available, in fact they were QR before.

Would you mind sending a link for those adaptors? It's easy to find wheels that are 100x112 and 142x12 so if I got the adaptors first then I could look for wheels.

Thanks

Would you mind sending a link for those adaptors? It's easy to find wheels that are 100x112 and 142x12 so if I got the adaptors first then I could look for wheels.

Thanks
Link to the supplier? I don't have a direct link, they're a listing on a South East Asia online shop called Lazada which has a local listing for every country like Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines. I think you'll have success with Aliexpress instead.

Attachments

• 20200324_090524.jpg
    20200324_090524.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 335
@NBS in case of your group ride with friends riding Vados and Levos, all depends on how fit and strong your friends are (I assume you are a sporty person yourself). If they use a lot of motor assistance, their larger batteries will dry up soon, especially on the climbing. I think only a real group ride can yield a true answer.

Reactions: NBS
Hello fellow riders. I'm fortunate enough to have both a 2019 Turbo Levo, that has given me a new lease of MTB life, and very recently a Creo SL Evo. I'd like to acquire a 650B wheelset for that bike. Any experiences with that? What is the maximum size that can fitted? I've read 47 mm in several places, but also 54 mm.
Hi,

I have 2 e-bikes myself but you are the first that I know that has a Levo (Brose) and a Creo. I am super interested in your impressions of the 2. I have a bike with a Brose motor and consider the Brose the best e-bike motor out there. I was wondering what your thoughts are about the Creo. The attractive thing about the Creo is that it is super light for an e-bike.

Ricky, I recently took a couple of Creos out for test rides. My first impression, in eco mode, while riding on the flats, was that it felt like I was riding my carbon Diverge. I couldn't feel the extra weight and it felt just as agile and I loved the Future Shock.
Take one for a test ride and be sure to do some decent hills, if possible.

Back