My First DIY - Gravel Bike w/TSDZ2

I'm not saying that a TSDZ2 will fit on your frame but that flange on the motor cover didn't deter me from installing on on my wife's Dahon Briza. Besides doing work on the frame I just removed the left cover of the motor, slid the motor in the bottom bracket then replaced the motor cover that has the flange on it. There is a sticker/seal on the motor where the cover comes off stating the warranty is void if seal is broken but eco-ebike indicated to me that they wouldn't void the warranty if the seal was broken in this instance just to be able to fit the motor.
View attachment 101163
That was suggested to me by EcoCycles, too, but the flange on my Redwood was too wide to get the cover back on properly. Luckily there was no welding in the way of me hammering the flange to conform.

Your bike's flange doesn't look quite as wide as mine, but you do have cables and a screw that looked like they might also be obstructive. Unfortunately, it might be hard to tell until you remove the bottom bracket and try to slide the motor on.

That was suggested to me by EcoCycles, too, but the flange on my Redwood was too wide to get the cover back on properly. Luckily there was no welding in the way of me hammering the flange to conform.

Your bike's flange doesn't look quite as wide as mine, but you do have cables and a screw that looked like they might also be obstructive. Unfortunately, it might be hard to tell until you remove the bottom bracket and try to slide the motor on.
Dammit! I was really looking forward to using this bike for the Tsdz2. I really like the idea of the torque sensor. I just pulled out my old Jamis Allegro and wondering if it would work out better. It has rim brakes which I would want to upgrade though. Hows this BB look?

Attachments

• 20210928_184053.jpg
    20210928_184053.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 189
Back