My Espin Sport

Oh nice... I've been looking at that... the top weight is 57 lbs which is just over the Sport, although you can take out the battery to make it lighter. How has that stand been working for you?

Let me know if you get any noise when pedaling from the crank or rear... I noticed that when riding my friend's and am wondering if that's just some adjustment/lube that is needed. Hopefully when I get mine it won't make that noise.

First time tonite out of necessity to install front tire on Sport. Worked like a champ. I pulled motor out before hoisting. Seemed very stable.

Oh nice... I've been looking at that... the top weight is 57 lbs which is just over the Sport, although you can take out the battery to make it lighter. How has that stand been working for you?

Let me know if you get any noise when pedaling from the crank or rear... I noticed that when riding my friend's and am wondering if that's just some adjustment/lube that is needed. Hopefully when I get mine it won't make that noise.

I hear what I believe to be the wearing in of the brakes but its not too bad. The only other noise is the clicking like I used to hear on a ten speed when you stop pedaling-almost like a buzz. My XP doesnt make the same noise. It was dark and I drove for 10 minutes in 1st gear. I had to bring it back to the garage, find my glasses and look at the handlebars and figure out how to shift! It ran great. I will fine tune tomorrow. I was able to cycle through all gears. Between my flashing helmet and the lights on the bike, i felt pretty safe in my own neighborhood at night...

I hear what I believe to be the wearing in of the brakes but its not too bad. The only other noise is the clicking like I used to hear on a ten speed when you stop pedaling-almost like a buzz. My XP doesnt make the same noise. It was dark and I drove for 10 minutes in 1st gear. I had to bring it back to the garage, find my glasses and look at the handlebars and figure out how to shift! It ran great. I will fine tune tomorrow. I was able to cycle through all gears. Between my flashing helmet and the lights on the bike, i felt pretty safe in my own neighborhood at night...
Glad your ride went well. My brakes were good even on my first ride. Really like the hydraulic brakes. I think the little noise it makes when you stop pedaling is normal.

Oh good. You didn't have to bend your derailleur guard. My friend's we had to bend it out to access the two highest gears (I said lowest previously but that's actually 7 and 8... the two smallest cogs).

The hydraulic brakes take some getting used to because it takes a bit longer for the brakes to engage fully as I'm used to mechanical disc brakes.

The noise I got is a clicking noise while I'm pedaling, when I stop pedaling, the noise stops too.

Last edited:
Sport owners-where are you keeping your tire pressures? I had trouble reading the recommended pressures on the side of the tires...

Sport owners-where are you keeping your tire pressures? I had trouble reading the recommended pressures on the side of the tires...

40-65... like my MTB. So I think I would put it at around 50, but I’ll see once I get mine.

I think I’ll order a suspension post too... 30.4mm right?

40-65... like my MTB. So I think I would put it at around 50, but I’ll see once I get mine.

I think I’ll order a suspension post too... 30.4mm right?

Thats what I ordered. Seems the post is hung up in customs. It got to the USA on 8-21. Hopefully its here soon...

Day 2 with Sport. Love the front suspension but miss my Suntour seatpost. This bike is smooth and fast compared to the XP and glides over uneven pavement and cracks in the asphalt. I would prefer the handlebars up a bit but other than that it rides fine. My Rockbros bag fits perfectly on the back rack. Now I need to find a rear view mirror and see if I can find a phone mount. Handlebars do not seem to have much room for mounting accessories...

Attachments

• Sport day 2.jpg
    Sport day 2.jpg
    624.6 KB · Views: 310
Reactions: BET
I got the suntour seat post plus a shim.

According to ESPIN specs, the seatpost diameter is 30.4 so thats what I ordered from Suntour. Now my concern is, will a 30.4 seatpost fit a 30.4 diameter opening? Only time will tell...

Looks like tomorrow. Unless I get a surprise FedEx delivery today like you did... although I don't recall if FedEx delivers on Sundays.

U lock plus covered bike chain. I got my son a U lock that opens with your fingerprint as I was afraid he would lose the key.

Thats what I have now. I will probably just order another combo from Kryptonite. I got a year of supposed insurance included...

would you please post a few pics of the handlebar an?
Trying to figure out if I can relocate the computer to the sides.
Also, hope to get a sense of how ”forward” the rid guy position is on the Sport.
would be really helpful if you could measure the reach (distance from front of seat to center of handlebar) after the handlebar has been raised by those 2”.
Thanks

Back