My Espin Sport

Wow. Did your Fedex status ever get updated to show delivery today?

Mine still shows out for delivery. I got something yesterday that said it would be delivered Monday. It's currently in the living room and I am trying to sneak in a nap and watching golf, decisions, decisions...

Anyone have any ideas on a rack that I can use that will allow me to carry a Sport and Lectric XP? I dont want to install a hitch on my SUV, I priced it and it's too expensive...

We will see once we get our bikes. Fatter tires are also heavier... nyeh nyeh nyeh. :)

@BET: Which bike is heavier?
We will see once we get our bikes. Fatter tires are also heavier... nyeh nyeh nyeh. :)

@BET: Which bike is heavier?
The Espin Sport and the Ride1up 700 are both 55 lbs. I have not had any flats either but I mostly ride on pavement. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I dunno... this is an Espin thread in the Espin forum and you guys keep touting the benefits of R1U bikes and you guys don't even own one yet. Most of the other posters here actually own the Espin and prefer it.

I realize this is bias and preference, but unless you have both, it's really hard to say one is "better" than the other. I just go by facts and you guys throw all these other variables around... like fact, the Sport is only $1200... cheaper than the 500 (with rack and fenders), the 700 and the LMTd. But then you say the additional PAS is worth the extra money... how do you know?

And I think secretly BET like the Sport more than the 500. Has the chain fallen off the Sport yet? :)
On my Sport the chain has never fallen off. I have a substantial chain guide on both sides of my front ring. The construction of the Sport is very solid, welds are beautiful and wiring neat. My son has a 500, not a 700. We put an aftermarket chain guide on his 500. He has not ridden it yet since we added the chain guide. I like both bikes but I do prefer the Espin Sport. It is my bike. After we purchased both bikes decided to buy my husband an Espin Nero. Delivery due in October. I hope everyone enjoys their new bikes.

The toughest part is getting it out of the box. Check for a bent derailleur guard, which seems the weak point of Espin packaging.

Having trouble getting front wheel on. Watched the youtube video on how to do it but my quick release is being stubborn!

Having trouble getting front wheel on. Watched the youtube video on how to do it but my quick release is being stubborn!

Their front wheel is different. Have to put the wheel on before you put in the quick release pin/axle.

Down to installing front fender and headlight. I may take it out for an evening spin...

Attachments

• office mechanic.jpg
    office mechanic.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 323

Oh nice... I've been looking at that... the top weight is 57 lbs which is just over the Sport, although you can take out the battery to make it lighter. How has that stand been working for you?

Let me know if you get any noise when pedaling from the crank or rear... I noticed that when riding my friend's and am wondering if that's just some adjustment/lube that is needed. Hopefully when I get mine it won't make that noise.

Back