My Espin Sport

would you please post a few pics of the handlebar an?
Trying to figure out if I can relocate the computer to the sides.
Also, hope to get a sense of how ”forward” the rid guy position is on the Sport.
would be really helpful if you could measure the reach (distance from front of seat to center of handlebar) after the handlebar has been raised by those 2”.
Thanks

Looks to be about 27.5 inches from middle of seat

Attachments

• seat to hb;s.jpg
    seat to hb;s.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 338
  • handlebars.jpg
    handlebars.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 322
Looks to be about 27.5 inches from middle of seat
Awesome pics. many thanks.
Looks like there’s no Rome to move the computer:-(
On the reach measurement...how many inches from the crank to the adjusted handlebar, please? espin has the reach at 17”, but that’s with the default handlebar position. hoping with the forward adjustment, the reach is closer to 15”. (A bad back gives me pause re the Sport)

Awesome pics. many thanks.
Looks like there’s no Rome to move the computer:-(
On the reach measurement...how many inches from the crank to the adjusted handlebar, please? espin has the reach at 17”, but that’s with the default handlebar position. hoping with the forward adjustment, the reach is closer to 15”. (A bad back gives me pause re the Sport)

Of course, a $20 stem riser could solve this problem for me:)

On my Sport the chain has never fallen off. I have a substantial chain guide on both sides of my front ring. The construction of the Sport is very solid, welds are beautiful and wiring neat. My son has a 500, not a 700. We put an aftermarket chain guide on his 500. He has not ridden it yet since we added the chain guide. I like both bikes but I do prefer the Espin Sport. It is my bike. After we purchased both bikes decided to buy my husband an Espin Nero. Delivery due in October. I hope everyone enjoys their new bikes.
That's the one thing I wish the 700 had was a chain guide on the inside as well. If you don't mind me asking, I'm sure you posted it out here to somewhere though, what aftermarket chain guide did you install?

And yes, the handebars are quite full now and I could barely get a bell on! I am going to see about putting my mirrors on the end of the handlebars. It looks like the handlebars on the Sport have a plug that maybe pulls out?

Center of crank to top of handlebar stem 36 inches
I meant horizontally. so like the seat-to-handlebar center, but instead from the crank. so it should be a bit shorter than the 23.5 measure for seat-to-handlebar.
Hard to tell where the crank is from the original photo.
Thanks for the extra work:)

I thought about getting the Roadster V2 for my daughter but even the small looks too big for her. Small motor, small battery. The light weight is appealing.
That's funny I was thinking about getting that for my son maybe at Christmas. he keeps complaining that I'm getting an electric bike but I told him he's 13 so he can pedal.

It looks nice, I couldn't tell from the website I thought the paint was shinier I like that matte finish better.

I wrestled with the color as I sort of liked the Blue but after getting the Black I'm glad I did. Both colors look nice to me. And the paint job looks like quite a nice job...

It looks nice, I couldn't tell from the website I thought the paint was shinier I like that matte finish better.
I was leaning toward blue, but after the real world pics of the black, I’m not so sure anymore:)
@BET: would you mind please posting a few picks of you blue Sport? Thanks.

My Lectric XP has a function on the display where I can toggle and see where I am Voltage wise. Does anyone know if the Sport has the same function? I toggled earlier today and did not see it...

That's the one thing I wish the 700 had was a chain guide on the inside as well. If you don't mind me asking, I'm sure you posted it out here to somewhere though, what aftermarket chain guide did you install?

On the Sport, the front crank is 2-sided so the chain can’t drop on either side.

1598827747467.jpeg

Sorry. Thought you were asking about the Sport. I think I remember now BET mentioned buying a chain guide for the R1U.

Sorry. Thought you were asking about the Sport. I think I remember now BET mentioned buying a chain guide for the R1U.
No problem, no need to apologize. I was asking BET which guy they bought. Not sure if I'll need it or it would fit the 700 but can't hurt to ask I figure. Seems to me that with a single sprocket up front it would be pretty standard that have a guide on both sides But what do I know.

Back