Mirror Recommendations

Woodford Run

Morning all, I wanted to get some suggestions/recommendations for bike mirrors for my Allant+ 7S. I'm thinking bike end mirrors is preferred over the handle bar mirrors since the purion is already mounted where it needs to be.

Also, suggestion for a bike horn only cuz the ring bell really doesn't seem effective to me. I saw "Juiced Horn", which seems to be pretty effective in general for vehicles and peds, but $50 seems to a little pricey. Any thoughts?

I have Mirrycle mirrors on all my bikes. They are sort of an atypical bar end mirror around $15. I like that i can swing the mirror inboard
when parking to protect it. They have a fairly wide range of vision both vertically and horizontally without the distance distortion of convex mirrors. Thatś important on hills & curves which create blind spots on the smaller mirrors.They can be adjusted very snugly to stay just where you want them. They are not particularly attractive or aerodynamic, but hey, function b4 fashion. As for a horn, you can get an old fashioned squeeze bulb horn on ebay for 6 or 7 bucks that will wake the dead.

Last edited:
Yes, looks like a good one for drop bars; better in that instance than the Mirrycle, which would not be as practical.
For straight & riser bars, I like the mirrycle because it extends a bit further outboard. the mirror lens itself is the same
size.

I have Mirrycle mirrors on all my bikes. They are sort of an atypical bar end mirror around $15. I like that i can swing the mirror inboard
when parking to protect it. They have a fairly wide range of vision both vertically and horizontally without the distance distortion of convex mirrors. Thatś important on hills & curves which create blind spots on the smaller mirrors.They can be adjusted very snugly to stay just where you want them. They are not particularly attractive or aerodynamic, but hey, function b4 fashion. As for a horn, you can get an old fashioned squeeze bulb horn on ebay for 6 or 7 bucks that will wake the dead.
We have Mirrycle mirrors on all 4 of our bikes also.😎👍

This mirror attaches to your glasses and becomes so second nature that sometimes off the bike I find myself looking for it.
file3.jpeg

Attachments

• file3.jpeg
    file3.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 316

Thats the one I have on my Revolt-E (drop bar). It works reasonably well, with the main issue being that sticking out the end of a drop bar puts the mirror pretty far out of line of sight. Which, to be fair, is an issue with every drop bar mirror I've ever used. I mostly use it as a supplement to the traditional roadie shoulder check and it works fine for that.

Thats the one I have on my Revolt-E (drop bar). It works reasonably well, with the main issue being that sticking out the end of a drop bar puts the mirror pretty far out of line of sight. Which, to be fair, is an issue with every drop bar mirror I've ever used. I mostly use it as a supplement to the traditional roadie shoulder check and it works fine for that.
whats the difference between the LTD mirrycle mirror and the miracle mirror?

I've not tried the Mirrcycle mirrors, so can't say definitively. I didn't consider them for my application because they are larger and seem designed for flat bars with the 90 degree mount. I wanted something more minimal.

"The LTD Mirrycle mirror base is design specifically for the Bontrager Isozone handlebars. It comes complete with a unique die cast end plug for secure mounting in the end of these handlebars. In all other features, the LTD is the same as the Mountain Mirrycle".

(Mountain Mirrycle is just a standard Mirrycle).

"The LTD Mirrycle mirror base is design specifically for the Bontrager Isozone handlebars. It comes complete with a unique die cast end plug for secure mounting in the end of these handlebars. In all other features, the LTD is the same as the Mountain Mirrycle".

(Mountain Mirrycle is just a standard Mirrycle).
thank you

I started with a helmet mounted mirror b/c I actually bought a helmet before I bought a bike. Mirrycle is much, much better for me.

Back